Why don't drivers talk to each other anymore?

eagerbeaver:
What happens if you " Pass a Dutchie on the left hand side " ?

Smoke and mirrors.

ezydriver:

eagerbeaver:

Smoke and mirrors.

Clever answer mate :wink: But for a bonus point, who covered the song in the eighties?

eagerbeaver:

ezydriver:

eagerbeaver:

Smoke and mirrors.

Clever answer mate :wink: But for a bonus point, who covered the song in the eighties?

I know this, I know this! Musical Youth!

Correct answer :grimacing:

Its not just drivers or rdc waiting rooms its everywhere now and its all down to the internet on mobile phones
where ever you go now people are messing with there phones and not talking to each other
even in pubs such as the spitroast bar where i drink in hurst street birmingham

Depends where ya go.
Wancanton driver gave me a knock…the other night to ask me if “it was alright park In round ere”
I could tell he was hinting at a bit of company…
So we sampled a couple

Not having a dig but I think it is mainly English drivers that don’t talk to each other, and if you are south of Watford Gap then English people just don’t talk to each other full stop, say hello to someone in the street and they think you are deranged

Here up in the north Scotland is quite funny to see all the chats in funny scot accents going on around you.

Never had any bad experience or boring waiting time in Inverness or skye.
People are very polite and friendly.
THey just dont stop asking question when they find out I m a Spaniard working in such remote places. It s funny.

Conversation goes from money, women, trips to work ofc. I don’t mind. This job can be very lonely sometimes.

Mazzer2:
Not having a dig but I think it is mainly English drivers that don’t talk to each other, and if you are south of Watford Gap then English people just don’t talk to each other full stop, say hello to someone in the street and they think you are deranged

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
the main reasons for that are
1 theres a 99% chance you wont be speaking to someone indigenous who understands anything except slowly spoken londistan english.
2 if your from ireland north or south ( they wont know the difference anyway) they will assume you might have something ticking in your pocket and want to play pass the parcel.( even the taliban will think this) old habits die hard.
3 if your from scotland,they will assume your a psychopathic mobile distillery and will be about to assault them or borrow money from them.( or both)

nb. all 3 above are assuming they can interpretate the words coming out of your mouth. :slight_smile:

JSanchez:
Here up in the north Scotland is quite funny to see all the chats in funny scot accents going on around you.

Never had any bad experience or boring waiting time in Inverness or skye.
People are very polite and friendly.
THey just dont stop asking question when they find out I m a Spaniard working in such remote places. It s funny.

Conversation goes from money, women, trips to work ofc. I don’t mind. This job can be very lonely sometimes.

Do you do the viviers?

A.

harrawaffa:
Because the majority of them are the same as they are on here. Grumpy old men who hate the job, hate the decisions they’ve made in life and are just going through the motions till they die.

If you are young harrawaffa think about what you said,when you get a lot older lets see if you have the same opinion then not a dig at you but we all change as we get older,i used to love the job, all the freedom,but that is gradually being eroded by the powers that be,which is the reason i don’t like it anymore,unfortunately it’s all i know so have no choice but to carry on,too old to do anything else.

truckman020:

harrawaffa:
Because the majority of them are the same as they are on here. Grumpy old men who hate the job, hate the decisions they’ve made in life and are just going through the motions till they die.

If you are young harrawaffa think about what you said,when you get a lot older lets see if you have the same opinion then not a dig at you but we all change as we get older,i used to love the job, all the freedom,but that is gradually being eroded by the powers that be,which is the reason i don’t like it anymore,unfortunately it’s all i know so have no choice but to carry on,too old to do anything else.

Well.said mate could not agree more, (well maybe except the bit about not liking it anymore, I would not go that far)

It makes me laugh on here when an experienced driver comes on and complains about an aspect of the job, for example a ridiculously long 15 hour day followed by a ridiculously short 9 hours off taken x3 every week by some, or some having to max out all the time and work over 70 hours
Then you get the smartarse who has done the job for all of 5 minutes ridiculing the experienced guy, followed by the old chestnut of …
‘‘That’s the way the job has always been, nature of job if you don’t like it find something else’’
Well news for you Mr Smartarse, that is NOT the way it’s always been.
The problem is most drivers today know nothing else but the cluster ■■■■ of rules and the rat race the job has eroded to.
Unlike you mate I don’t hate it, I just try, and succeed, to make the best possible conditions for myself…hence my signature at the bottom. :bulb:

robroy:

truckman020:

harrawaffa:

Well.said mate could not agree more, (well maybe except the bit about not liking it anymore, I would not go that far)

It makes me laugh on here when an experienced driver comes on and complains about an aspect of the job, for example a ridiculously long 15 hour day followed by a ridiculously short 9 hours off taken x3 every week by some, or some having to max out all the time and work over 70 hours
Then you get the smartarse who has done the job for all of 5 minutes ridiculing the experienced guy, followed by the old chestnut of …
‘‘That’s the way the job has always been, nature of job if you don’t like it find something else’’
Well news for you Mr Smartarse, that is NOT the way it’s always been.
The problem is most drivers today know nothing else but the cluster [zb] of rules and the rat race the job has eroded to.
Unlike you mate I don’t hate it, I just try, and succeed, to make the best possible conditions for myself…hence my signature at the bottom. :bulb:

Maybe i was wrong when i said i didn’t like it anymore,i guess we do have our bad days and good days,just have to make the best of it

It really is freaky that so many encounter the ubiquitous pink chalker man of amazon,he got me at their northampton gulag a year ago,so sureal and pitiful a situation to experience.Trying to converse at Southampton at random is equally depressing the whole container game,including my outfit is predominantly peopled by EE usuperers,so what’s the point?not quality nations such as Sweden,Denmark,Norway etc.It’s profoundly alienating lately,we meet up on rare occasions,but there’s scant potential for a good crack as of old when everyone resembles Roman Abrammovitch…sic.

Not met a pink chalker since 2011…when I had a brief spell at stobarts.
He was charged with driving the hire car from sherburn to Widnes… where we were honoured to be the first group to pass through the academy.
He hit a bridge,72 hours later…in Catford.
Tried to get out of it,by peeling the height sticker off the trailer.
And he couldn’t find Widnes.
Happy times.

eagerbeaver:

ezydriver:

eagerbeaver:

Smoke and mirrors.

Musical Youth

Am not sure drivers don’t talk to each other. I have never found a problem with it. Indeed I find most drivers really quite helpful and often learn things from them.