Why do we have AdBlue?

As the technology is clearly available for truck engines to not require Ad blue (from what I have read in magazines etc) for emissions why have some manufactures built engines that don’t need it (euro cat 5,6,7,8,9 etc ) and others haven’t. Surely the simple solution would have been to share this technology so Ad blue never came to fruition in the first place as its bloody annoying jumping in a truck finding the tank is empty :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :imp: :imp: :imp: .

or have they and we are just unlucky when we get ours new trucks with adblue :exclamation: :exclamation: :confused: :imp: :imp:

I’ve heard rumours you get a instant prohibition from you know who if your tank is empty or on reserve, is this a MMTM :question: :question:

cheers all. :grimacing: :grimacing:

Hi,

The main idea behind adBlue was to provide an easy, and more importantly, cheap way for manufacturers to build Euro 4 5 6 etc compliant engines.

Car makers have had Euro 5 engines and beyond worked out for a long time now, but are beggining to fit adBlue (merc and audi) to lower emissions even further.

The people doing the work when Euro 3 4 5 etc came in were MAN with their EGR system, even they admitted getting a good EGR engine after Euro 6 was going to be tough.

So i’m afraid adBlue is here to stay as it is a convenient cheap and easy way for a manufacturer to avoid spending hundreds of millions on more efficient and clean engine designs.

My tuppence :grimacing:

We’ve 2 brand new Volvos that have a different engine in them from teh earlier Ad-Blue models and these dont require Ad-Blue. SOme sort of American engines if I was told right?

They will probably be EGR based technology then, CAT?? ■■■■■■■■

I will lend you a video all about it, the only problem is that is in the Betamax format :laughing:

Cruise Control:
As the technology is clearly available for truck engines to not require Ad blue (from what I have read in magazines etc) for emissions why have some manufactures built engines that don’t need it (euro cat 5,6,7,8,9 etc ) and others haven’t. Surely the simple solution would have been to share this technology so Ad blue never came to fruition in the first place as its bloody annoying jumping in a truck finding the tank is empty :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :imp: :imp: :imp: .

or have they and we are just unlucky when we get ours new trucks with adblue :exclamation: :exclamation: :confused: :imp: :imp:

I’ve heard rumours you get a instant prohibition from you know who if your tank is empty or on reserve, is this a MMTM :question: :question:

cheers all. :grimacing: :grimacing:

ind.yara.co.uk/en/products_servi … dblue.html

Does this answer most of the questions?