Why do we get clamped,fined and they dont

we get clamped and fined £ 250 pounds for parking in the coach bays when we need a leak, no parking in the truck park so weve no real alternative.i dont agree with it but i can see 10 coaches would make them more money than 10 trucks, plus its the rules.
but why doesnt the same apply to the truck park, i went in to blyth services as i was getting short of driving time,about 3 waggons, 4/5 car/caravans, and the rest of the lorry park was full to the rafters with cars, 1 car per lorry parking bay, not a cat in hells chance of parking.
i had to go back out and eventually found a layby.
why doesnt the same apply to cars as us,there parked in a lorry park,not a car park, there taking up a complete truck bay for 1 car, parking is a nessicity for us to keep within the law, but i never seen one car with a clamp on, if id of used the coach bays id bet id of been clamped within mins.
i dont mind rules even if at times they are ■■■■■■■■ but surely they should apply to all, or why couldnt the services at least put a car park attendant ther and attempt to park the cars in a half decent fashion, surely more than 1 car to a truck bay is not un-reasonable,or better still stick them where they should be in the car park :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: .

ady1:
we get clamped and fined £ 250 pounds for parking in the coach bays when we need a leak, no parking in the truck park so weve no real alternative.i dont agree with it but i can see 10 coaches would make them more money than 10 trucks, plus its the rules.
but why doesnt the same apply to the truck park,

I don’t know about the rest of it but the rules for the coach park are only applied to trucks it seems. I’ve yet to see a HA vehicle or traffic management vehicle either clamped or moved on from them and they seem to use them often. Mind you they’re probably essentia road users !!!

they are harsh with HGVs in coach bays because it a safety risk. They dont want dodering grannies having to do dodge your hoofing great truck as they make their way in & out of the services from the coach, which TBH I can understand.

I must admit it;s a bug bear of mine see car/ caravan combo in the HGV park. Why dont they park in the car park. I have when I’ve been towing a motorcycle trailer.

My theory:
The service station see it like this. Lorry= big space taken with one person who;ll just take a p & bugger off. Car= up to 5 people more likely to buy something (especially if there are kids ) so they are given less grief.

You’re absolutely spot on, especially with the caravans / camper vans.

I’m a die hard camper, I’ve been camping since before I could walk and NEVER in a tin box of either kind and dont mind saying I hate the monstrosities even more than clarkson does :laughing: Even without my prejudice though, I’d have been appauled at the letter in the camping club magazine complaining about lorrys taking up laybys :imp: and why dont they use the caravan only spaces? my guess is the majority haven’t got the skill to get into them so use the huge hgv spaces :imp:

Anyway, I’ll shut up before I go too far :grimacing: But I do agree, everyone should be treated the same.

I work nights so i never see this problem but man would it annoy me if a saw cars parked in a lorry bay that i should have been in.

Would seriously make me want to leave a note on the window calling them every name under the sun … something does need to be done about that for you day guys

each day that i drive i come to dislike car drivers more, this would make me flip i think … really ■■■■■ :imp:

I must admit I parked my car in a lorry bay the other day in Medway services south/eastbound. I missed the turning into the car park as I came off the motorway a little to rapidly :blush:

I thought to myself “If I was in my truck now I’d be cursing these stupid car drivers!”

Mind you, the signs were virtually invisible to the entrance, realising my mistake I carried on thinking there’d be another but there wasn’t! So I parked in a lorry bay and my parents parked behind - so it wasn’t quite one car to a bay! Didn’t get in anyones way though as it was quiet.

you badass! lol, I’ll let you off if you tell me what scof stands for :laughing:

darkseeker:
you badass! lol, I’ll let you off if you tell me what scof stands for :laughing:

bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006wr19

It is to do with this bloke

Tamworth services…every night there seems to be at least 4 or 5 DSV wagons parked in the coach bays…not once have they got a ticket or been clamped…

Is that just Tamworth services who are more forgiving towards trucks, or do they have a special arrangement?

Solstice Services on the A303 is bad for this, cars and caravans parking in the lorry bays when there’s perfectly good parking outside the shop, went in the other day for a break, only four lorrys in the bays, the rest were filled up with caravans and ignorant car drivers who park their little corsa in the huge space, while most of the proper parking bays where empty, had to park round the back on the kerb :imp:

darkseeker:

swirling cesspool of filth…if I remember correctly :smiley: :smiley: :confused: :confused:

Southwaite Services M6, more or less any bank holiday, pull in for a p&p&p, (■■■■/paper/■■■) and a vomit over the Stobart merchandise :smiling_imp: Well I would have if I could get to park :imp: Full of caravans (spits), not just that but they’d treat the place as a campsite, unhitched their motors and parked alongside in some cases, curtains drawn :imp: I recall making a few choice comments about the situation to the powers that be. ‘But they do pay sir’! Do they pay for 2 bays :question: :question: And if I remember rightly, 10 plus years ago, didn’t we pay £12 and they paid only £8-£10 :question: What about those guys that keep their bread buttered in the depths of winter :question:
Never stayed o/n there myself used to avoid MSA’s like the plague, only in desperation :imp: Had a day time kip on Swansea MSA, didn’t pay, got banned :laughing: Didn’t clamp trucks then. Well the motor got banned :laughing:
‘Crazytrucker’
Bit of a Bolshy mood this morning, better take some more happy pills :laughing: :laughing:

DonutUK:
Tamworth services…every night there seems to be at least 4 or 5 DSV wagons parked in the coach bays…not once have they got a ticket or been clamped…

Is that just Tamworth services who are more forgiving towards trucks, or do they have a special arrangement?

We have a special arrangement :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

tezza:

DonutUK:

To be honest, i don’t have a problem with it…it frees up space in the lorry park!

If MSA’s had any sense they would open the coach bays to trucks after 2000 hrs…increases the revenue for the MSA and won’t really affect any coaches…how many do you see stopping in MSA’s at that time of night anyway?

I stopped at Hilton Park S/B a few months ago. Just for a short break, and the attendant there was brilliant. :smiley:

He was organising everyone where to park including, in the Coach bays, and when a car and caravan appeared, the driver was effectively told to FRO. :slight_smile:

Going back to Easter time last year, Michael Wood S/B, the truck park was like a sea of caravans. :open_mouth: The Long Load bay was full of cars/caravans/trailers and a mixture of mini horse boxes, all of which could have been accommodated in the available spaces in the car parking area. So that’s where I ‘double banked’. I was only stopping to check the fridge temperature and have a quick walk around the vehicle but no sooner had I stopped, than horns began to be sounded. Hence my ‘quick’ check took a little longer. :stuck_out_tongue:

Tossers. :unamused:

Oh how I’d like to see the Denby Roadtrain become commonplace if only for the satisfaction of parking alongside anything occupying the designated ‘Long Load’ bay and being able to say, “It’ll only be for 45 minutes.” :wink:

Pulled into the Shell Garage @ Thrapston on A14 on t’other Sun to have my 45 berfore going into Morrisons to tip … car & caravan parked in the “lorry” bay … but his nearside was right on the white line dividing the bays … so i parked “neatly” along-side … made sure my fridge was running “full belt” … went to sleep on the bunk.
15 mins - BANG BANG on cab door "can you move - we can’t get into our caravan, and can you turn the noise off ? " Explained i was on a “legal enforced” break - and NO i can’t turn the fridge off, as i had fresh produce on … they weren’t happy !! LOL. Muttered something about going into the Shell Shop to “report me” ■■

DonutUK:

tezza:

DonutUK:

To be honest, i don’t have a problem with it…it frees up space in the lorry park!

If MSA’s had any sense they would open the coach bays to trucks after 2000 hrs…increases the revenue for the MSA and won’t really affect any coaches…how many do you see stopping in MSA’s at that time of night anyway?

Gordano Services DO park up trucks in the coach park in the evening and also in the car park. It seems to be well organised…unless anyone knows different!

the reason HGV’s get clamped is simple. most of them pay up for some stupid reason.

Stopped at tobay services (m6,m74,a74, too tired to care- heading south anyway) last night for a second 45 what a joke! 3 truck bays, one with a camper van in (never call them motorhomes, campervan winds em up :wink: ) and roughly 10 coach bays :imp: to be fair, every coach bay had a truck in it and no-one batted an eyelid but it did seem a bit a about face. One driver didn’t dare park in a coach bay so took up how ever many car spaces an artic covers instead :laughing:

darkseeker:
Stopped at tobay services (m6,m74,a74, too tired to care- heading south anyway) last night for a second 45 what a joke! 3 truck bays, one with a camper van in (never call them motorhomes, campervan winds em up :wink: ) and roughly 10 coach bays :imp: to be fair, every coach bay had a truck in it and no-one batted an eyelid but it did seem a bit a about face. One driver didn’t dare park in a coach bay so took up how ever many car spaces an artic covers instead :laughing:

You can call my van what you like pal.
It wont wind me up, in fact I dislike the term motorhome as it sounds pretentious.

at least I dont ■■■■ on my wheels when I park my campervan in a truck bay as I have a flushing toilet.
It’s amazing how many tent dwellers have a chip on their shoulder about any one else who may not want to lay on the ground being rugged. :laughing: