Why do the public hate us truckers?

To be fair the people that come and give you hassle when you’re blocking a road making a drop would give you hassle if you were a van driver, a cabbie, or someone that had broken down or was having a heart attack. “What do you think you’re doing lying in the road twitching, get out of my way I’m late and it would kill me to take the next street” That’s just how some people are.

tachograph:

Why do the public hate us truckers?

The public don’t hate me because I’m a trucker … they hate me for myself

Why do you all think the public hate us, some obviously do but on the whole I find that most people are reasonably friendly and considerate when I’m in the lorry, OK so some people won’t miss an opportunity to cut me up when I’m driving the lorry but I don’t take that personally, blimey I don’t like getting held up by lorries and I drive the bloody things :grimacing:

Chill out people, the public love and appreciate us for the job we do and the polite courteous and considerate way we do it :grimacing:

Who forgot to take his medication this morning then :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

As someone pointed out earlier, they hate us because of ignorance. They don’t understand that we are limited or restricted in just about every way conceivable, they don’t understand that we actually move everything they ever own, touch or even see. The problem is that to make them understand they would have to become lorry drivers, and there’s not enough jobs as it is!

As many of you have already stated on this topic " If youve bought it a truck brought it ". When the retired militry gentleman wants an extension on his house, he will need materials. He is not going to fetch them with a wheelbarrow, need I say more. :angry:

Keep on trucking :smiley: :smiley:

miketdt:
Some drivers don’t help themselves. They park illegally at night without lights on public highways instead of in lorry parks or operating centres.
Some park where there are no toilets and use the hedge etc. I don’t know why haulage contractors don’t share their haulage yards with other companies. In these differcult times I would have thought parking monies would be useful.

And of course we do this by choice. It’s very naughty of us really; we must remember to ensure we get nicely tucked away every night where that nice Mr. Joe Public can’t see us besmirching his suburban Utopia.

Exactly which mushroom have you been living under Mike? :wink:

ignorance mostly.

When I worked in the steel works most of the steel [about 85%] went by rail to depots [Round Oak etc]and other works.Who took it from there? Trucks! The other 15% was all truck for the just in time stuff which a train could never do :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: