Why do people overtake then pull off?

I was driving my truck loaded with bricks on the M1 when somebody tried to overtake me when I was doing 52mph and he was doing about 55.
My question is, why would you overtake then almost immediately pull off at the junction?

Brilliant!

It’s done to show you who is the boss - so you know your place in the pecking order. It gives them something to brag about in the RDC waiting room.

DAF95XF:
I was driving my truck loaded with bricks on the M1 when somebody tried to overtake me when I was doing 52mph and he was doing about 55.
My question is, why would you overtake then almost immediately pull off at the junction?

Because they are stupid thoughtless and selfish ■■■■■■■■■ When they do it to me my truck automatically hits the brakes. … Having a loaded liquid tanker with no baffles is no fun when that happens.

Lol very clever :slight_smile:

I…I see what you did there…

I’m in stitches…lol

DAF95XF:

Time critical deliveries,every second counts