Why do I need to use POA?

I’ve never used it, ever. Don’t see the requirement for it so I don’t use it. The more I mess with things the more they go ■■■■ up, to that end I avoid poa & manual entries.

Double post, first one aint all that funny.

BillyHunt:
I’ve never used it, ever. Don’t see the requirement for it so I don’t use it. The more I mess with things the more they go ■■■■ up, to that end I avoid poa & manual entries.

+1
Im lucky to not need to mess with manual entries, although ive got into the habit of forgetting to enter start and end countries, prolly get a prison sentence for this.

Im either working or not workin, cant be doing with this sort of available but not workin but could be workin in a bit stuff.

Call me old fashioned but everytime ive fixed something and then had another fiddle with it the bloody thing refuses to work. Goes for everything Ive laid me fingers on: computers, remote controls, lawn mowers, cars, bikes and of course vaginas.

I use POA every night.

Get in book on, keys, tacho in, man eateries, walk round checks, look over trailer prior to loading and picking it up.

Now because as I walk back to the truck I ask how long before loading and it’s normally an hour once me checks are done its POA unless I’ve driven at least a min round the yard the I’ll slip a crafty 15 min break in then back onto POA till I start to load. The reason for the 15 , because if I don’t feel like stopping for 45 I don’t as I now only need a 30 BUT I can still take a 45 or an hour if I want to. So managing how you use breaks and POA and understanding when where and how is vital.

The answer at our place by the drivers is normally “oh we don’t use POA here the company don’t recognise it” where in fact it’s certain people that don’t UNDERSTAND the full use of POA.

A little like the oh you can’t do OT that day as your 3 days holiday counts as work and that means your on for 9 days straight :unamused:

So my answer is use it but understand it

+1 Nick

Oh and the ones that say we don’t do pop and stuff up because they go over wtd hrs etc and say well no-one checks it your most likely the ones that want to opt out of the 10 hr night rule to do as much overtime as possible but can’t understand why your not earning 80hrs pay :wink:

Never use it as the situation rarely requires it for me.

nick2008:
I use POA every night.

Get in book on, keys, tacho in, man eateries, walk round checks, look over trailer prior to loading and picking it up.

Now because as I walk back to the truck I ask how long before loading and it’s normally an hour once me checks are done its POA unless I’ve driven at least a min round the yard the I’ll slip a crafty 15 min break in then back onto POA till I start to load. The reason for the 15 , because if I don’t feel like stopping for 45 I don’t as I now only need a 30 BUT I can still take a 45 or an hour if I want to. So managing how you use breaks and POA and understanding when where and how is vital.

The answer at our place by the drivers is normally “oh we don’t use POA here the company don’t recognise it” where in fact it’s certain people that don’t UNDERSTAND the full use of POA.

A little like the oh you can’t do OT that day as your 3 days holiday counts as work and that means your on for 9 days straight :unamused:

So my answer is use it but understand it

I’ve always avoided man eateries myself but whatever floats your boat :open_mouth:

:smiley:

bjd:
The issue i have with POA is it reset you driving time after 45 min i think im right in saying in euro land poa counts as a break but it dosent in blighty i stand to be corrected

Reason it resets your driving time is because when double manning the first 45 mins of POA counts as break as break can’t be recorded when the vehicle is moving.

The driving time re-set is the only drama with POA, I use it most days.

As someone else said between using POA and Break wisely if may suit you better if you don’t want to have to stop for another WTD break to satisfy the Six Hour work rule.

Each to their own, but I rarely used it when I was full time and salaried.

Read into that what you will.

POA is reserved for stobart drivers. It’s purpose is to extract every possible minute of work out of you.

Has the bubble burst already Mr beaver!

Nah, just settling in nicely Happysack.

The devil makes work for idle hands.

Right you ■■■■ ends. If you get stuck 10 minutes from the yard on a friday night because you used break all day instead of carefully balancing breaks and poa, would you cry like babies or take it on the chin?

I would blubber and ask for my Mum.

As would 93% of trucknet contributers

happysack:
Right you ■■■■ ends. If you get stuck 10 minutes from the yard on a friday night because you used break all day instead of carefully balancing breaks and poa, would you cry like babies or take it on the chin?

Think oh ■■■■■■■■ and carry on.

Friday rules

happysack:

I don’t understand your situation. What are you doing in the yard for ten minutes more than needed on a Friday?