Why do car drivers do it!

After loading 26800kg of reels from sheerness today i was making my quite happily round the top side of the M25. things were going well straight through the tunnels no holdups things were looking good, got into a queue just beside the sainsbury distribution center, give a quick shout out on the old c.b. told all clear after holmsdale tunnel just queuing to get off for the A10. ok i thought get out into the middle lane,as i start to enter the tunnel 3 lanes open into 4 all clear so i start to build speed up vehicles queuing in the inside lane. About 30yrs infront a car pulls out of the inside lane i back off and it accelerates away(must of got fedup with waiting)so i thought,right foot down, all of a sudden matey slaps on the anchours and puts his indicator on to pull back in,where there is no gap to get in as its a solid queue. i am how hard on the brakes trying to stop just under 44 tonne i have another artic beside me so no were to go the hands on the horn and my ■■■ is gripping the seat, the load starts to move got some treble stacked its banging the head board, now thats not much of a problem the trailer got solid sides it aint going to come out, we manage to stop with about 6 inchs to spare, the mrs sat beside me is ■■■■■■■■ her self and trying to dive behind the passanger seat :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
The guy had made about 3 truck lengths and nearly kill himself and possible injured other people as well, why oh why do people do it,if i had hit him i would of been in the wrong the vehicles behind me could of hit me from behind as i had to come to a complete stop,do people not think or are they just plan stupidi would just love to know what goes through there head!!■■ because today it was near 44 tonne of scania :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Just another normal day at the office!!

feel for ya fella, easily done, they think getting a few spaces up in the que is going to get them home any quicker, the only way to put a stop to this is to put somthing in this hazard perseption thingy that you now have to do as part of your driving test. something along the lines of braking distances for other types of vehicles on the road■■? :confused:

no brains no brains like a lot em not a bmw by any chance?

ZBing annoying P&B. As a fellow veteran of being carved up at every opportunity by comatose skateboard drivers, I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s ignorance on their part. Ignorance of the potential carnage that is very often avoided by the (sorry Bob & Big Jase) professional driving technique of the wagon driver. I genuinley think that these muppets neither realise you are there or care. You are just some kind of back stage scenery that’s there to get in the way and slow them down ! I feel better now. :smiley:

These people are just PLAIN STUPID :unamused: The car driver probably didn’t even realise you were behind him/her, never mind grossing 44ton, :open_mouth: :open_mouth: most car drivers haven’t got a clue what happens behind them because they haven’t had to use their mirrors, apart from making out they use the interior mirror to pass their driving test, and from then on don’t really understand what it’s for anyway :angry: :angry: :angry:

Anyway good to see that things didn’t go pear shaped for you and the mrs coz as I’m sure you know the old car drivers tale about “never having been involved in an accident but I’ve seen a lot of them happen behind me :open_mouth: :unamused: :unamused: :wink: but have never understood why■■?”
Stay safe peteandbrenda
Regards
Dave Penn;

peteandbrenda:
After loading 26800kg of reels from sheerness today i was making my quite happily round the top side of the M25. things were going well straight through the tunnels no holdups things were looking good, got into a queue just beside the sainsbury distribution center, give a quick shout out on the old c.b. told all clear after holmsdale tunnel just queuing to get off for the A10. ok i thought get out into the middle lane,as i start to enter the tunnel 3 lanes open into 4 all clear so i start to build speed up vehicles queuing in the inside lane. About 30yrs infront a car pulls out of the inside lane i back off and it accelerates away(must of got fedup with waiting)so i thought,right foot down, all of a sudden matey slaps on the anchours and puts his indicator on to pull back in,where there is no gap to get in as its a solid queue. i am how hard on the brakes trying to stop just under 44 tonne i have another artic beside me so no were to go the hands on the horn and my ■■■ is gripping the seat, the load starts to move got some treble stacked its banging the head board, now thats not much of a problem the trailer got solid sides it aint going to come out, we manage to stop with about 6 inchs to spare, the mrs sat beside me is [zb] her self and trying to dive behind the passanger seat :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
The guy had made about 3 truck lengths and nearly kill himself and possible injured other people as well, why oh why do people do it,if i had hit him i would of been in the wrong the vehicles behind me could of hit me from behind as i had to come to a complete stop,do people not think or are they just plan stupidi would just love to know what goes through there head!!■■ because today it was near 44 tonne of scania :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

did the same thing, only i was pulling a curtainsider

que 3 points fixed penalty and a £60 fine :angry: for littering thne queens highway with 3 paper reels out of Immingham Docks

steve07:
no brains no brains like a lot em not a bmw by any chance?

That’s a stupid statement Steve, I’m sure there are many trucknet members who drive BMWs & I’m pretty sure they don’t drive like idiots :wink:

In answer to the original post, we’ve all been there & it’s scary stuff, I think that driving standards have dropped alarmingly over the last 5 years. This sort of behaviour has always exisisted to a degree but it’s amplified by the amount of traffic on the roads today. The large number of immigrants cannot help, they are unused to driving on the left & in such busy conditions.

In my opinion the biggest cause of bad driving is due to an almost total lack of visible Police presence, it’s all done by camera now, whereas in the not too distant past the Traffic Police were driving up & down all the time or sitting up on their observation points, you never knew when you would see one come up in the mirrors so you drove accordingly, now you just need to know where the cameras are & even then you only need to be under the limit & you can act like you’re at audition for Mad Max 5.

I’m pretty sure that everyone on here who has been out the road today has had to take avoiding action so that they didn’t have an accident somewhere along the way, it’s a sad state of affairs :unamused:

Car drivers should be forced to see the photographic consequences of their actions.
Police should be re-introduced back onto the highway (can`t believe i just said that, but that is how dire it has become!!)

I had to re-educate a cage driver on Tuesday, he was non too pleased, but he had to listen whilst I told him how dangerous his SELFISH actions were and I feel that is the bottom line, nobody gives a stuff anymore, car drivers are just plain selfish…There will be a time when it is impossible to stop and the car will become flat, I just hope it is a SELFISH adult who is killed and not their offspring :frowning: :frowning:

That’s the thing ATT, they do the most stupid things on the road with a car full of kids, sometimes not even their own kids.

I had an out of cab experience with one shortly before I left the UK, I was going anti clockwise on the M25 past the M1, it was all queued up on the slip road to the M1 where it goes down to 2 lanes to continue around the M25, anyway I’m taking it steady at 30/35mph keeping an eye out for people deciding to leave the queue when a Focus with a family in it comes past me, indicates left & pulls in front of me, a bit close for comfort but hey ho, next thing I’ve got a windscreen full of brake lights, this tossa wants to go up the M1, I just managed to stop in time, I was that close I couldn’t see the back of the Focus at all, just the roof (I was in an FH) he squeezed into a gap & I gave him a blast of the horn as I went past & got the finger from the driver in return, at this point the red mist descended & I had a quite word with the driver, waste of time I know & not very grown up, luckily he locked his door because I had every intention of giving him a good hiding, yeah I know that’s wrong, but I was 4 feet away from a lifetime of nightmares, if I was a second later slamming the brakes on or a bit heavier then I would’ve gone right over the top of that Focus.

as I went past & got the finger from the driver in return

Red mist is an understatement. I think I’d have got arrested. The middle finger has to be one of the worst things somebody can do even though they were so ignorant and in the wrong. I’d better stop writing, I might give myself an arrest, a cardiac one!

It’s always been like that here in Brisbane. More than once, I’ve been driving along when some berk gets nearly past me and then drives across, in to my front wheel, do I swerve ? do I buggery, I might take out some other poor sod.
Then there’s the near misses, mentioned earlier. I’ve had the finger just because I’ve pulled up real quick, without having a chance to blow the horn, and yes, I have smacked more than one kisser, not the right thing, but boy did I feel better afterwards. :smiling_imp:

■■■■■■■■■ thats why ,M6/A14/M1 Interchange being the worst , especially friday night at rush hour …
The amount of people that stop in lane 2 to wait for a space to open up is unbeleivable , and the amount of wagon drivers that won’t lane 3 to avoid them causes massive problems…
I lane 3 it when it’s like that and stay out of it, after all the slip for the M1 north and A14 is a rather long broken white line.

The last clever Ford Focus driver I saw came swooping from lane 3 to exit at Jcn 14 of the M1 really really late , mised the slip road and hit the grass dividing verge , took the sign out , did some more grass cutting before being slung over the sloped barrier back onto the M1 . A few spins a ballet dance would be proud of it ended up in the hard shoulder facing the wrong way at a 45 degree angle… :unamused:
Pulled over as I had to slow right down anyway funnily enough :laughing: and the car had 3 women in it and a very wide eyed looking baby…
■■■■■■■■■ :confused:

no matter how much space/distance you leave yourself in front,there will always be some div willing to jump into it :unamused: :unamused: this sort of thing happens far too often,i think the majority of us do rather well to avoid the old “RED MIST CLECHE’”

att:
Car drivers should be forced to see the photographic consequences of their actions.
Police should be re-introduced back onto the highway (can`t believe i just said that, but that is how dire it has become!!)

Hear hear, we’ve been round long enough for car drivers to know who we are and take not a blind bit of notice of us. There should be more motorway police not less :wink:

is aa major bugbear of mine when they do this.
mixture of stupidity, ignorance, and arrogance :unamused:

Just think of the total number of people killed or seriously injured doing just this. It happens so often that theres got to be more education for drivers… theres no way they can know the danger they are putting themselves in. Would you deliberately cut up and slam on the brakes in front of a fully laden 44 tonner? No, it would be suicide, but every day people still do it…

I have to admit im one of the lane 3 brigade when it comes to the M6/M62 junction… ive had too many near misses. I hate the feeling, slamming on the anchors because of some pillock in lane 2 doing an emergency stop and sitting with his left indicator on, then looking in my mirrors to see other large vehicles having to come to an emergency stop or quickly swerve into lane 3 to avoid running up the back of my stationary wagon.

While all this is going on the guy whos caused it all is blissfully unaware how close he was to meeting the grim reaper and all the danger hes put everyone else in. Maybe its natural selection when a sales rep gets pulverised inside his mondeo/laguna/jag… atleast he’l only need a small coffin and so save his family a few quid.

It boils my wee!!!

I nearly had an accident on the M62 monday night, left hand lane full of traffic just about to come to a standstill, so i indicate right to pull into the middle lane, waited till a handa civc had gone past, coast was clear, so pulled out and started to accelarate, and then bout after about 500yrds up some dosy cow decided to pull out from the left hand lane just as i was near enough at her back bumper WITHOUT INDICATING!!! (I gotta admit i’m really staring to think that indictaors are obviously an added extra in modern cars!).
she was that close i could only see the front third of the car, i thought i’d hit her so i pulled over to the hard shoulder to check my lorry and she just drove on as like nothin had appened, lucky enough i hadn’t but i must of been milimeters from her ■■■. Needless to say i had to change my under wear!! :blush:

I just don’t get SOME car drivers!!

I’m sure they think time stand still just for them. Apart form that they are ignorant of the real world in the true sense of the word.

This thread certainly highlights the lack of compulsory post test driver training or ongoing assessments :exclamation: