Why can't they just stay at home?

:angry: :angry:

■■■■■■■ sick of them. Bank holiday travellers. Nowhere to go and all day to do it. :angry:

Had to move some kit from Skipton to Harrogate today - a journey that normally takes about 20-25 mins. 2.5 hours today :angry: . Why? Because all the ‘nowhere to go’ brigade with too much time on their hands had all decided to flock to Bolton Abbey for some stupid “Easter Egg Hunt” (W T F ■■? :angry: :angry: ) and the A59 had 18 ■■■■■■■ miles of standing traffic. :angry:

Why can’t they just all stay at home and get the paddling pool out for the kids and crank up the barbie and invite some mates round with their kids? Why does everyone have to waste £40 of fuel travelling to some random place that looks good on the map and just ■■■■■■■ clog up all the roads for people that do actually have stuff to do and places to go? They should be banned! :imp:

Bit like Barry Island mate. People drive from all over South Wales (and further now, thanks to Gavin & Stacey) to come and look at our collection of traffic jams!

The Sarge:
Bit like Barry Island mate. People drive from all over South Wales (and further now, thanks to Gavin & Stacey) to come and look at our collection of traffic jams!

Lol, at least they’ll only go once, if they’ve got any sence.

OOHH! Bitchy :laughing:

The Sarge:

Ahh well… I for one have had a lot of good nights out in South Wales when I was on the coal, loved the place and most of all It’s people, I have done Barry on the old boat from Weston when I was a young un ( that’s going back a bit :laughing: ) but it was good then, it can only be better now.

you poor thing,try having all summer of chaos,on the M40,A34,M3,M27,A31,all from easter till october if the sun stays out that long,this thu wasnt too bad ,but today was bloody awful, as will most fridays from now on.

best part they dont know,or bother to find any other route or roads down here.

other ways are available to get from mids to here.(New Forest).

BIG MAC:
you poor thing,try having all summer of chaos,on the M40,A34,M3,M27,A31,all from easter till october if the sun stays out that long,this thu wasnt too bad ,but today was bloody awful, as will most fridays from now on.

There are indeed . . . trains :laughing: :laughing:
This time of year never ceases to amaze me.
There seems to be an abundance of trilby wearing Rover drivers though, en route to garden centres no doubt !!

Suedehead:

BIG MAC:

your dead right,but it always amazes me very few use the M5,a419,Marlborough route to this area,but if you keep moving at a steady speed ,you get there just as quick.
drove over the M27/A31 jammed solid many a time when its red hot down ere.

BIG MAC:

YES i second that mate .what a pain in the ■■■ m3 and m27 was today :imp: :imp:

There was a wicked que heading west on the 66 today, sure was glad I was heading east. Then northbound A1 traffic also 66 bound que was back to Catterick.
Small bump at Garforth on the A1 and resultant que was back amost to Selby, only n/s lane/hard shoulder was affected but rubber neckers caused the que.

Rob K:
[zb] sick of them. Bank holiday travellers. Nowhere to go and all day to do it. :angry:

Had to move some kit from Skipton to Harrogate today - a journey that normally takes about 20-25 mins. 2.5 hours today :angry: . Why? Because all the ‘nowhere to go’ brigade with too much time on their hands had all decided to flock to Bolton Abbey for some stupid “Easter Egg Hunt” (W T F ■■? :angry: :angry: ) and the A59 had 18 [zb] miles of standing traffic. :angry:

Why can’t they just all stay at home and get the paddling pool out for the kids and crank up the barbie and invite some mates round with their kids? Why does everyone have to waste £40 of fuel travelling to some random place that looks good on the map and just [zb] clog up all the roads for people that do actually have stuff to do and places to go? They should be banned! :imp:

:angry: :angry: why did you not stay at home when you knew it would be very busy ya miserable ■■■■ :laughing:

Rob K:
:x :angry:

[zb] sick of them. Bank holiday travellers. Nowhere to go and all day to do it. :angry:

Had to move some kit from Skipton to Harrogate today - a journey that normally takes about 20-25 mins. 2.5 hours today :angry: . Why? Because all the ‘nowhere to go’ brigade with too much time on their hands had all decided to flock to Bolton Abbey for some stupid “Easter Egg Hunt” (W T F ■■? :angry: :angry: ) and the A59 had 18 [zb] miles of standing traffic. :angry:

Why can’t they just all stay at home and get the paddling pool out for the kids and crank up the barbie and invite some mates round with their kids? Why does everyone have to waste £40 of fuel travelling to some random place that looks good on the map and just [zb] clog up all the roads for people that do actually have stuff to do and places to go? They should be banned! :imp:

That must have been first thing? Went to ingleton, all clear on the way up and back down this afternoon. A1/A64 split now that was well clogged up, all because of rubber neckers!!!

took me 2hrs from selby to top side of malton today,lets all go to scarboro for the day :unamused: by the time they get there,it’ll be time to start heading back ffs,and another thing,what posseses guys of a certain age to dress up in fishtail parks and stand in laybys next to a broken down vespa on their day off from the exciting world of middle management.I’m with rob on this one,i would have been in the back garden with a slab of strongbow :laughing:

kitkat:

Rob K:

:angry: :angry: why did you not stay at home when you knew it would be very busy ya miserable [zb] :laughing:

Well I didn’t know it would be “very busy” otherwise I wouldn’t have gone that way. :unamused: Anyway what do you know about “busy”? I bet you don’t even know what it means. Certainly no job you’ve ever had involves the word. :open_mouth:

Didn’t bother me - off all day. So me and the missus went out for a trundle in the car - nowhere in particular, just pottering around the roads - here and there - no rush; 50’s more than fast enough on the duals with all those heavies around. Could be a nasty accident if we go too fast. Nothing much to do so enjoyed the scenery. Sad to see so many of my colleagues having to work - and the ones I waved to as they passed me seemed to be really cheesed off at having to work. Some really miserable and angry faces out there. Cheer up guys - summer’s nearly here then we can get the caravan out. Can’t wait.

:wink:

The Sarge:

It’s not like you’ve even got Woodhams yard to look around anymore (thank God actually, it’d be a mecca for ■■■■■■).
Oxford Botley road was jammed up Friday afternoon with tourists, diy knobs and people taking their spoilt brats to Toys R expensive. I confess I went through a weight limit nearby so’s not to join their slow motion conga… :blush:

I assume some of them pay to tax, MOT and insurance their motors which gives them a licence (assumming they have one of those too) to use the roads as you and I do. If they wish to ■■■■■ £40 quid away sat in a traffic jam that is also their prerogative. Personally I’d wouldnt, but its a strange old world aint it, we all cant be Farmers can we.

Would rather see a Lorry Ban for Easter weekend instead. Then its YOUR perogative if ya sit like a ■■■ in a jam on motorway! :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Suedehead:

BIG MAC:

This time of year never ceases to amaze me.
There seems to be an abundance of trilby wearing Rover drivers though, en route to garden centres no doubt !!

Dear sir,
I wish to complain about the way that rover drivers are portrayed on this website. I recently purchased a second hand Rover to ues for commuting to work, and save my “nice” car for best. It did not come with a trilby hat! should i return it to the vendor and complain, or just go to the nearest hatter and purchase one? I have hardly ever worn a Trilby, only on special occasions when visiting a certain lady in goole who likes that kind of thing, as she has her own supply, i never felt the need to buy one.
Can I also say that my rover does not always turn into garden centres, ok, I needed to train it when i first got it but It will now pass the local wyevale with nothing more than a slight wheel wobble. Maybe i am just lucky, but i also discovered that my rover can exceed 20 MPH in town and 40 MPH on a motorway, and the bits that fall off are easy to replace with a bit of bostick.
Yors sincerly
disgruntled of Oxfordshire DSA, CPC, AA, RAC (retd)

The Sarge:
OOHH! Bitchy :laughing:

Sorry mate, I’m the same with all seaside resorts - they’re all run down holes full of idiots buying cheap tat. No offence intended to those that live there.