Why Canada ?

O.K. here goes.Have read lots of posts since the New Year from people who are so desperate to leave Britain,no surprise really,Oz and NZ won’t take them so Canada appears to be their third option :unamused:
For the benefit of others who may research this site in their quest for a better life,let’s have a few open questions followed by honest answers.
Why,where,and when did you make the choice to up sticks and move to the frozen North ? Was this your first choice destination ? I’ll get me coat :laughing:

Its my first choice if and when we’re ready to emigrate. At the moment I’m not in a position to afford it (plus lacking in a class 1 licence an experience wont help at the moment). Dont know why but we both want to live and work over there - though she wants to live on Prince Edward Island so need to do more thinking about that choice!

I was part way into a mid life crisis and as I already had a decent fast car I thought I’d get me a big old Peterbilt instead so here I am :laughing:

My first choice country, I did quite a lot of fact finding before I jumped on the plane and my expectations were more than met :wink:

newmercman:
I was part way into a mid life crisis and as I already had a decent fast car I thought I’d get me a big old Peterbilt instead so here I am :laughing:

My first choice country, I did quite a lot of fact finding before I jumped on the plane and my expectations were more than met :wink:

The only question is why the whole population didn’t just hijack every ship they could find and go over there together with the Pilgrim Fathers ?.They wouldn’t have had any immigration issues and by now we’d all be over there instead of most of us being stranded over here. :smiling_imp: :bulb: :laughing:

newmercman:

Hah Hah I hear you,my boys reckon I was well into my crisis when we came here :laughing: ,A ducknosaur was never on my bucket list but I do have a new KW being fitted out in the Peg,should be ready within a couple of weeks :smiley: .

Its funny but I was talking to My Mate the other night & His Sister is looking to get out of the UK, She is a Theatre Nurse with a good job, Her first choice was Canada, 2nd Australia, 3rd NZ & after looking into all of them Canada was the most difficult according to Her :open_mouth:

I came over in 2007 as I had an opportunity to, I had visited Canada a couple of times as a tourist & kind of liked it so when I became single & in need of a bit of travel I hopped on a plane & got a job. I’m really glad I did as for the short time I was there I found it to be a spot on place with decent people.

I can see why some people want to get the ■■■ out of The UK, its an over populated little island with little or no oportunities at the moment, I suppose blokes see the rags in the cafes & think I’ll have a bash at that, its because they can & its all Canada in those ads not Oz or NZ etc so thats the answer to your question imho.

We people who are in transport are very lucky at the moment to have the chance to go there, an HGV licence would’nt cut the mustard to get you into most other countries in all honesty would it■■?

I’m gearing up for round two with the place, my application for a TWP is in & I’m hoping come March I’ll be heading out that way again. If I’m coming back it can’t be too bad a place now can it :smiley:

I had my mid-life crisis at 30 :laughing: so I decided I wanted to see some different places and get paid for it. I’d been to Canada in 2004 and found it to be an amazing country. I used immigration lawyers and they set me up with 10 interviews in April of 2008, I was offered jobs by all the companies and I decided on a job in New Brunswick on the east coast. I came out here in August of '08 I’ve never looked back since, I’ve driven from Newfoundland to Vancouver Island and 48 out of 50 US states, not sure I’ll make to Alaska or Hawaii!
I can only really comment on this as a single guy living on the east coast, but I’ve had and continue to have an amazing time and I wish I’d have moved years ago.
I’m sure it’s a different story if you’re married or move to different part of Canada but the British guys that live and work near me have nothing but good things to say.
I hope that helps a little, if you have anymore questions feel free to ask away, good luck!

I’m in the process of jumping through hoops to get to Canada as we speak and have always had a interest in travel I looked at oz and new zeland but just didn’t fancy them.
I have been doing uk distance work lately but I just want the chance to drive further and see more breathtaking locations and something about the remoteness of the prairies really appeals to me and any Canadians I have met seem decent people like americans without the ■■■■■■■■.

I dream of going to Canada and driving longhaul all over NorthAmerica but i cant because of my old mum needs looking after.

Stu Leicester:
I had my mid-life crisis at 30 :laughing: so I decided I wanted to see some different places and get paid for it. I’d been to Canada in 2004 and found it to be an amazing country. I used immigration lawyers and they set me up with 10 interviews in April of 2008, I was offered jobs by all the companies and I decided on a job in New Brunswick on the east coast. I came out here in August of '08 I’ve never looked back since, I’ve driven from Newfoundland to Vancouver Island and 48 out of 50 US states, not sure I’ll make to Alaska or Hawaii!
I can only really comment on this as a single guy living on the east coast, but I’ve had and continue to have an amazing time and I wish I’d have moved years ago.
I’m sure it’s a different story if you’re married or move to different part of Canada but the British guys that live and work near me have nothing but good things to say.
I hope that helps a little, if you have anymore questions feel free to ask away, good luck!

ive been looking into going into canada same part as u but the guy im dealing with wants a shed load of money.can i ask how u went about getting over there?an what do these immigration lawers do? an is most of your work through a company called day an ross??

cheers

ive been looking into going into canada same part as u but the guy im dealing with wants a shed load of money.can i ask how u went about getting over there?an what do these immigration lawers do? an is most of your work through a company called day an ross?

I will give you two pieces of advice for free pal.

Don’t give anyone a shed load of money for “help” with immigration.

Don’t work for Day and Ross.

Hope this helps.