Why are Brits so slovenly?

GOG47:

Freight Dog:

Lucid-dreams:
Hello Harry! Well I have previously commented on where I prefer living, and I have changed the title for convenience. Lucid Dreams.

It’s an English language forum so not really :laughing: .

All your threads seem to be mining for opinion. There’s something about your style that’s very similar to a journalist. Perhaps it’s the praise when someone offers you a response. I don’t know. I can’t put my finger on it, but something’s up.

I’m losing the plot here, who’s talking? Is it Miles ahead or is it Lucid dreams, are they talking in English Russian Belorussian Lithuanian? Are they trolling for a reaction? Why have they just popped up this week with provocative posts, what’s happening? where am I? Who am I?, this is all too much, I’m going for a lie down and try not to think about Russian cyber-hackers :unamused: :smiley:

“Popped up this week…provocative posts…” Are you serious mate? I’m here on this forum from October 2017, just when I started my class 2 training so it’s not really this week and what is so provocative about my posts?

milesahead:

GOG47:

Freight Dog:

Lucid-dreams:
Hello Harry! Well I have previously commented on where I prefer living, and I have changed the title for convenience. Lucid Dreams.

All your threads seem to be mining for opinion. There’s something about your style that’s very similar to a journalist. Perhaps it’s the praise when someone offers you a response. I don’t know. I can’t put my finger on it, but something’s up.

I’m losing the plot here, who’s talking? Is it Miles ahead or is it Lucid dreams, are they talking in English Russian Belorussian Lithuanian? Are they trolling for a reaction? Why have they just popped up this week with provocative posts, what’s happening? where am I? Who am I?, this is all too much, I’m going for a lie down and try not to think about Russian cyber-hackers :unamused: :smiley:

“Popped up this week…provocative posts…” Are you serious mate? I’m here on this forum from October 2017, just when I started my class 2 training so it’s not really this week and what is so provocative about my posts?

There is nothing provocative with your posts Miles, it seems that anyone new to this forum is automatically shot down due to the cliquey nature of its more senior members. Which is a huge shame. Lucid Dreams.

Lucid Dreams.I fail to understand why you seem so surprised the people can speak 2 languages in 1 country.Here in Lappland over 50% of people are bilingual in Swedish and Finnish or Meankealli.In the North of Italy most people are bilingual in Italian and Tyrolean German,and in the west many are bilingual in Italian\French.In Quebec most people are bilingual French\English.In Western Afghanistan many are bilingual in Dari\Pashto.Spain,Catalan\Spanish.So it is by no means rare.

hutpik:
Lucid Dreams.I fail to understand why you seem so surprised the people can speak 2 languages in 1 country.Here in Lappland over 50% of people are bilingual in Swedish and Finnish or Meankealli.In the North of Italy most people are bilingual in Italian and Tyrolean German,and in the west many are bilingual in Italian\French.In Quebec most people are bilingual French\English.In Western Afghanistan many are bilingual in Dari\Pashto.Spain,Catalan\Spanish.So it is by no means rare.

Hello again! Why would I be surprised? I speak fluent English and Russian. Lucid Dreams.

Lucid-dreams:

milesahead:

GOG47:

Freight Dog:

There is nothing provocative with your posts Miles, it seems that anyone new to this forum is automatically shot down due to the cliquey nature of its more senior members. Which is a huge shame. Lucid Dreams.

To be honest almost every topic you go at the beginning it’s all good, people sharing opinions, people discussing, you read, you learn something new or just for an entertainment and then some another troll hunter appears and it starts: is it troll? is it not? maybe? And it goes on and on and on…No one remembers what topic was about and basically this all kills it.

Then i refer you back to your statement about being surprised in South Africa.As for speaking fluent Russian and English,not so special,many people speak 2 or more languages.I think most of the old USSR was bilingual with people pseaking their own language and Russian[however unwillingly].At least in the years i spent driving for Nesotra[Nederland\Soviet]transport i found a great diversity of languages there.

milesahead:
To be honest almost every topic you go at the beginning it’s all good, people sharing opinions, people discussing, you read, you learn something new or just for an entertainment and then some another troll hunter appears and it starts: is it troll? is it not? maybe? And it goes on and on and on…No one remembers what topic was about and basically this all kills it.

I 100% agree with this, unfortunately it’s down to the moderators to solve this in due course, bullying shouldn’t be allowed anywhere including a forum! Lucid Dreams.

hutpik:
Then i refer you back to your statement about being surprised in South Africa.As for speaking fluent Russian and English,not so special,many people speak 2 or more languages.I think most of the old USSR was bilingual with people pseaking their own language and Russian[however unwillingly].At least in the years i spent driving for Nesotra[Nederland\Soviet]transport i found a great diversity of languages there.

Hello hutpik! May I ask which languages you speak? I just find it very upsetting people seem to think I am a native English man in disguise as a Belarusian on this forum! How dare they doubt my ability to be able to speak fluent in two languages?! Lucid Dreams.

I speak,red and write English,Dutch and Swedish,and can get by in German and French.This makes me by no means special as there are many people on this and other forums who are equally fluent in a diversity of languages.
I have made no comment upon either your nationality or linguistic abilities.

hutpik:
I speak,red and write English,Dutch and Swedish,and can get by in German and French.This makes me by no means special as there are many people on this and other forums who are equally fluent in a diversity of languages.
I have made no comment upon either your nationality or linguistic abilities.

Hello hutpik, many have upset me on this forum, and I haven’t been on a week yet. So sad. Lucid Dreams.

Unfortunately this is the nature of forums and internet sites.Arrogance and vindictiveness go hand in hand so destroying what usually starts out as harmless banter.
Many people decry Facebook but i am fortunate to be a member of a couple of truck related forums on there which have exploded with members.The main thing is that it has remained mostly free from agression.I Think one of the reasons is that people post in their own name and don’t hide behind a variety of aliases or user names. and so many people know each other or can relate to them via someone else.This make posting more transparent.

Lucid-dreams:
I was born and raised in Belarus and this sort of “trash out window culture” hasn’t made it there (yet)

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … treet.html

toby1234abc:
I concur with the OP, the UK is a rubbish tip, it seems worse when you exit the motorway, coming off the slip road where there is traffic lights or a roundabout, there is rubbish in the verges on both sides.
Essex seems the worse for this.
The post he made is not a troll post.
Not one speck of litter in France.
Jeremy Vine did a litter topic a few weeks ago.
Callers said they chucked the rubbish back in the car where it was thrown from.
A motorcyclist had a ■■■ but inside his helmet, it nearly caught fire.

I call bs on that one Toby go round the peripherique full of rubbish, yes the autoroutes are clean but Paris will give anywhere a run for the money when it comes to litter

Their is a fairly simple equation for the amount of rubbish in an area and why it has increased so much .
Fast food / takeaways !
The more an area has fast food outlets the greater the amount of rubbish .
Add in numpty local authorities that think it’s a money-saving idea to reduce refuse collection and remove rubbish bins in rural areas along with the closure of public toilets.
Public places and gathering points also had all the rubbish bins removed as an anti terrorism measure .
Blaming johnny foreigner or the flip flops doesn’t actually work unless you can prove that they are deliberately saving all their rubbish to bring to the UK and dump it in our laybys. It’s rare to see the same level of rubbish in parking areas in Europe. They do tend to not eat in their cars in Europe, preferring to eat in the restaurants or at the picnic tables .
The councils increasing the charges and placing more and more restrictions on the disposal of waste certainly doesn’t help .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk