Why are Brits so slovenly?

Lucid-dreams:

Freight Dog:

Lucid-dreams:
God forbid a foreign truck driver using elegance in his sentences

Isn’t that rather missing the point? You claimed you made a guff of the slightly provocative generalisation in the titling due English not being your prime language. Yet bizarrely you move on to give an example of a trolling statement with your Brexit comment. So you’re more than capable of manipulating English to suit.

Rather than any clumsiness due to a second language you know exactly what’s what I reckon :laughing:

Quack! :laughing:

Although I would love to claim I’m perfect, no one is. Mistakes do happen… I cannot believe I’ve started an account on an internet forum, and managed to ruffle feathers. Not only that those on here are denying my first language. Then again that’s probably a good thing, providing you lot are having some entertainment that’s okay, I’ll just roll with the tide and wait for you all to calm down. Lucid Dreams.

Myself now i would say you are a bit on the other side if you know what i mean
To much of a gender bender to be a truck driver
People don’t respect what great facilities they have its just plain stupidly that the British dump there crap everywhere

hutpik:
Hi all.Milesahead,hey what do i know,i’m just a truck driver.Is it not possible that other countries also have the same name.
Anyway my comment was more aimed at the misplaced arrogance of people who themselves are maybe not 100% English,who for one reason,or another tend to denigrate anyone who’s spelling and grammar is not perfect.As i stated i,myself live in 3 languages all the time and it is very difficult to be correct all the time.So anyone who is trying to live in a language other than his\her mother tongue should be applauded regardless of mistakes.

I’m sure there can be any name in any country, but in 90% of cases if you meet Giovanni he will be from Italy, if you meet Padraig he will be from Ireland and if you meet Andrejs ( not Andrew, not Andre, not Andrey etc. ) he will be from Latvia. :slight_smile:
Considering that English is not my first language I wouldn’t criticise anyone for wrong spelling but in the same time I can understand people who do, as sometimes some spelling can be funny or annoying :slight_smile:

milesahead:

hutpik:
Hi all.Milesahead,hey what do i know,i’m just a truck driver.Is it not possible that other countries also have the same name.
Anyway my comment was more aimed at the misplaced arrogance of people who themselves are maybe not 100% English,who for one reason,or another tend to denigrate anyone who’s spelling and grammar is not perfect.As i stated i,myself live in 3 languages all the time and it is very difficult to be correct all the time.So anyone who is trying to live in a language other than his\her mother tongue should be applauded regardless of mistakes.

I’m sure there can be any name in any country, but in 90% of cases if you meet Giovanni he will be from Italy, if you meet Padraig he will be from Ireland and if you meet Andrejs ( not Andrew, not Andre, not Andrey etc. ) he will be from Latvia. :slight_smile:
Considering that English is not my first language I wouldn’t criticise anyone for wrong spelling but in the same time I can understand people who do, as sometimes some spelling can be funny or annoying :slight_smile:

Where is Andrejs? Perhaps he can tell us which country he is from? Lucid Dreams.

del trotter:

AndieHyde:
Worse than that I’m afiaid, anyone seen the national dept clock recently? You know, the one that counts how much money we (collectively paying tax) owe in debt to the globalist banking cartel. Honest slavery had real metal chains, at least you knew you had a job for life with an iron shackle around your neck.

Debt based prosperity, not so much.

A well structured opinion there mate, why reason with someone when you can simply post a picture of a crazy man wearing a tin foil hat.

Back to your colouring books in the safe space and leave us “ist’s” to it.

Back to your colouring books in the safe space
[/quote]
This made me laugh a little more than I should have :laughing: :laughing:

Lucid-dreams:

Harry Monk:

Lucid-dreams:

Freight Dog:
Never jump to assumptions my friend, English isn’t my first language.

I very much doubt Belarussian is either. In fact my guess is that you would struggle even to find Belarus on a map. :stuck_out_tongue:

Would you rather us message in Russian? I can promise you it won’t be a Google translate Andrejs special. Lucid Dreams.

If you want. I take it that you do know that Russian and Belarussian are two different languages? I used to go out with a Russian girl and she had enormous difficulties understanding the locals when we were in Belarus.

However, if you are Belarussian then I’m sure you realise that all countries have their own social problems, and that even though the murder rate in Belarus has fallen by some 75% since the 1990s, it is still three times higher than that in the UK. I wonder whether you consider that to be a more challenging problem to a country than litter?

Harry Monk:
If you want. I take it that you do know that Russian and Belarussian are two different languages? I used to go out with a Russian girl and she had enormous difficulties understanding the locals when we were in Belarus.

However, if you are Belarussian then I’m sure you realise that all countries have their own social problems, and that even though the murder rate in Belarus has fallen by some 75% since the 1990s, it is still three times higher than that in the UK. I wonder whether you consider that to be a more challenging problem to a country than litter?

Hello Harry! Well I have previously commented on where I prefer living, and I have changed the title for convenience. Lucid Dreams.

Lucid-dreams:
Hello Harry! Well I have previously commented on where I prefer living, and I have changed the title for convenience. Lucid Dreams.

It’s an English language forum so not really :laughing: .

All your threads seem to be mining for opinion. There’s something about your style that’s very similar to a journalist. Perhaps it’s the praise when someone offers you a response. I don’t know. I can’t put my finger on it, but something’s up.

Freight Dog:

Lucid-dreams:

It’s an English language forum so not really :laughing: .

All your threads seem to be mining for opinion. There’s something about your style that’s very similar to a journalist. Perhaps it’s the praise when someone offers you a response. I don’t know. I can’t put my finger on it, but something’s up.

I’m losing the plot here, who’s talking? Is it Miles ahead or is it Lucid dreams, are they talking in English Russian Belorussian Lithuanian? Are they trolling for a reaction? Why have they just popped up this week with provocative posts, what’s happening? where am I? Who am I?, this is all too much, I’m going for a lie down and try not to think about Russian cyber-hackers :unamused: :smiley:

Lucid-dreams:

Yes, I’m curious as to why you have used the Russian language if you are from Belarus?

Harry Monk:

Lucid-dreams:

Yes, I’m curious as to why you have used the Russian language if you are from Belarus?

Hello again! Well that’s a very good question, the reason why is because I was born and raised on the borders of Russia, because there is “freedom of movement” between our two states I would often go over to Russia. Just to clarify. No I’m not a journalist, no I’m not a member of the KGB, no I’m not a hacker, no I’m not affiliated with any other member here, and more importantly, no I’m not a James bond villain. Ok? I’m just here to open debates as that’s what I love to do. If you guys are convinced I’m English then just call me “John Smith” I don’t care. Call me whatever you want, just have some fun as I am doing. Lucid Dreams.

Lucid-dreams:
Hello again! Well that’s a very good question, the reason why is because I was born and raised on the borders of Russia, because there is “freedom of movement” between our two states I would often go over to Russia.

I see. So French people who were born and raised near to the Italian border would tend to speak Italian rather than French?

Harry Monk:

Lucid-dreams:
Hello again! Well that’s a very good question, the reason why is because I was born and raised on the borders of Russia, because there is “freedom of movement” between our two states I would often go over to Russia.

I see. So French people who were born and raised near to the Italian border would tend to speak Italian rather than French?

I wouldn’t know the answer to that question Mr Monk. However in Belarus, they have 2 official languages, Russian and Belarusian. Some even speak with a mixture of both! When I went to South Africa I was surprised that some people actually speak a mixture of “Afrikaans” and English. Can you believe that? A mix of two languages? Which city did your girlfriend come from in Russia? Lucid Dreams.

Lucid-dreams:
… If it helps I have changed the title for you all.

As already pointed out above… this is an English language board, so I’ve changed it back. :smiley:

Some fun with Google translate gave me this:

калі ласка, пішыце на англійскай мове, which I hope means… Please write in English.

I’ve seen above that you’ve commented on grammar, so I’ll just mention that your use of definite and indefinite articles in English is suspiciously accurate for somebody who claims to be from a country where they don’t exist as such.

:bulb: Depending on your true nationality… you can either take that as a compliment, or a sign that you’ve been rumbled.
The jury is out (for now.) :wink:

Lucid-dreams:
Okay, so this isn’t a troll post although i imagine a lot who read this will become triggered by this question - why are Brits so slovenly? It seems that there is a culture in the UK whereby people think it’s acceptable to throw their rubbish out a truck or car window especially into a layby which already has a bin located there. I was born and raised in Belarus and this sort of “trash out window culture” hasn’t made it there (yet) so there’s no evidence or basis to blame this solely on Johnny foreigner or Barry flip flop (although you can if you wish) so I guess my main question is - why are Brits so slovenly and are going to take action and tackle their filthy roadsides? Would placing cameras in laybys or handing out very hefty penalties help this situation? Lucid Dreams.

When I come home early Saturday morning regularly see McDonalds junk spread on the road.
How about the Government ‘suggesting’ that large fast food chains look into using ink-jet technology and
print the registration number of each drive-through vehicle on the bag and every wrapper/box in it?

A subsequent large publicity campaign with a ‘name and shame’ veiled threat might just make some scruffy sods think again before ‘bagging and lobbing’.

It’s got its flaws but it’s better than doing nowt.

dieseldave:

Lucid-dreams:
… If it helps I have changed the title for you all.

As already pointed out above… this is an English language board, so I’ve changed it back. :smiley:

Some fun with Google translate gave me this:

калі ласка, пішыце на англійскай мове, which I hope means… Please write in English.

I’ve seen above that you’ve commented on grammar, so I’ll just mention that your use of definite and indefinite articles in English is suspiciously accurate for somebody who claims to be from a country where they don’t exist as such.

:bulb: Depending on your true nationality… you can either take that as a compliment, or a sign that you’ve been rumbled.
The jury is out (for now.) :wink:

Hello Dave! Thank you for your compliment! I think you will find my Russian is equally as accurate! Although I highly doubt you have any other Russian speakers beside me on this forum? If you know of any, I’m more than happy to engage in conversation with them either openly on the forum or via private message as to prove my worth in both languages! As for printing the number plate on each fast food order - I think this is a brilliant idea! One in which should be implemented, even if just for a trial period. Lucid Dreams.

I concur with the OP, the UK is a rubbish tip, it seems worse when you exit the motorway, coming off the slip road where there is traffic lights or a roundabout, there is rubbish in the verges on both sides.
Essex seems the worse for this.
The post he made is not a troll post.
Not one speck of litter in France.
Jeremy Vine did a litter topic a few weeks ago.
Callers said they chucked the rubbish back in the car where it was thrown from.
A motorcyclist had a ■■■ but inside his helmet, it nearly caught fire.

toby1234abc:
I concur with the OP, the UK is a rubbish tip, it seems worse when you exit the motorway, coming off the slip road where there is traffic lights or a roundabout, there is rubbish in the verges on both sides.
Essex seems the worse for this.
The post he made is not a troll post.
Not one speck of litter in France.
Jeremy Vine did a litter topic a few weeks ago.
Callers said they chucked the rubbish back in the car where it was thrown from.
A motorcyclist had a ■■■ but inside his helmet, it nearly caught fire.

Hello Toby! Thank you for your response! It must be a very serious issue to many people if Jeremy Vine is discussing it as a topic on BBC radio 2. I am a little upset people are referring to me as a troll, I’m going to start a new topic to discuss trolling and why people are being falsely accused as such. Lucid Dreams.

Contact a G.P Lucid Dreamer .You serious think people are expected to believe that you turned up a week ago, yet are so comfortable already that you are already off creating drama and blatant b.s threads ,And now you are going to start topics about trolls or why you cannot stop trolling this forum ■■?
:open_mouth:

Beetlejuice:
Contact a G.P Lucid Dreamer .You serious think people are expected to believe that you turned up a week ago, yet are so comfortable already that you are already off creating drama and blatant b.s threads ,And now you are going to start topics about trolls or why you cannot stop trolling this forum ■■?
:open_mouth:

Hello Beetle, I’m a little upset that you referred to my post as “blatant b.s” however that’s your opinion and I appreciate any feedback. Honestly from what I can gather thus far, these forums seem to be extremely “cliquey” and any sign of new life must be shot down immediately. Either ignored or claimed to be a troll. Lucid Dreams.