why and what?

saw a truck that passed me today with 5 of those winscreen suction pads, :open_mouth: got
me thinking why would you need 5 ? :confused:

1- satnav
2- phone
3- ipod
4- ?
5- ?

any ideas what the other 2 maybe or is there more you could add

alun:
saw a truck that passed me today with 5 of those winscreen suction pads, :open_mouth: got

1- satnav
2- phone
3- ipod
4- ?
5- ?

4 DAB radio
5 cctv camera

Could have 2 phones, personal phone and work phone.

Thing I don’t get is how you can have that many things in the windscreen and the fuzz don’t pull you for it. A chip in the windscreen is an MOT failure, but a sat nav in the middle of your view is perfectly fine…? (Yes, I have actually seen a car with a sat nav positioned on the windscreen just above the instruments… :unamused: )

The one that gets me are cars with the sat nav to the right of the steering wheel at night, with day mode on :unamused:

4 … Severn crossing tag
5 … Dartford crossing tag
6 … clips for holding frilly curtains in place

I get so annoyed when I see cars with the sat nav stuck right in the middle of the screen. Saw one the other day with it right in front of his face.

2 Sat Navs? I drive with 2 because the company one is useless and runs off mobile signal, which in Cornwall is pretty hit and miss!

alun:

1- satnav
2- phone
3- ipod
4- ?
5- ?

Drivers a â– â– â– â–  maybe â– â–  :wink: :wink:

lankyphil:
Thing I don’t get is how you can have that many things in the windscreen and the fuzz don’t pull you for it. A chip in the windscreen is an MOT failure, Not necessarily but a sat nav in the middle of your view is perfectly fine…? Must not encroach the swept area by more than 40mm, except toll tags which must be placed sensibly (Yes, I have actually seen a car with a sat nav positioned on the windscreen just above the instruments… :unamused: )

What I’ve never understood is the drivers that stick their satnavs on the binnacle (sucker marks left on the clear plastic :imp: ) don’t these drivers need the instruments to see rpm/speed/warnings?

MADBAZ:

lankyphil:
Thing I don’t get is how you can have that many things in the windscreen and the fuzz don’t pull you for it. A chip in the windscreen is an MOT failure, Not necessarily but a sat nav in the middle of your view is perfectly fine…? Must not encroach the swept area by more than 40mm, except toll tags which must be placed sensibly (Yes, I have actually seen a car with a sat nav positioned on the windscreen just above the instruments… :unamused: )

What I’ve never understood is the drivers that stick their satnavs on the binnacle (sucker marks left on the clear plastic :imp: ) don’t these drivers need the instruments to see rpm/speed/warnings?

If you’re on for Tescos you know you’ll always be going too slow so there’s no need to check.

Sat nav v’s old school road atlas■■?

tootman318:
Sat nav v’s old school road atlas■■?

Both!! The road atlas to get me near and to check for bridges on main raods, the sat nav to guide me in for the last mile or 2, to warn me of traffic, google search is pretty good (even when the del notes aren’t), the hands free mobile, voice commands, fuel sites, did I mention low bridges? The ability to store where I’ve been just in case I need to go again & loads more. As you may guess TomTom is my friend, but I don’t let him drive nor make the final decision, any numptyism is down to me.

MADBAZ:

lankyphil:

I do this, my sat nav goes on the speedo - the sat nav shows speed anyway. I also use it for handsfree phone calls, so it’s better being close.

I’ve seen a truck with a big Cross (Bible bashing type) on the windscreen, think it lights up in the dark. Strange.

Some foreign trucks will have a small computer where the boss can send his/her unloading and reloading instructions on it,no need to call in on the phone.