Wht 2007/2008 truck do I buy

you don’t say what weights your going to be running at
if your running light goods pointless having a heavy truck with all the bling etc making the truck heavier than you need it to be.
How about the mileage, how far are you going to be running / nights out etc drivers is it going to be a 24/7 operation where drivers are sharing.
Are you doing your own stuff or are you going to be doing 3rd party work…?
all the above will or should be considerations taken …

image.jpgthis will be for sale from march ,480, manual box ,59 reg ,leather .a bit more than 10k though .

Thanks for your responses. To be honest, yes we will make a massive saving if we drop the contract hire as doing our financials for 2014, we have paid out £40,000 for haulage and have still had unhappy customers. We operate normally out of an industrial park which has a truck mechanic and that’s actually quite convenient because he seems to know what he’s doing - place is always chocca with trucks.

Sorry I didn’t mention the weight - we are looking at a 44T gross weight truck which will carry shipping containers and which ideally will be on the road for at least 70% of the time. When my contractor went on holiday, he asked me to sort my jobs out with his drivers and i organised it in such a way that the trucks were always on the road, day and night. I think I can do this.

Neology:
will be on the road for at least 70% of the time. When my contractor went on holiday, he asked me to sort my jobs out with his drivers and i organised it in such a way that the trucks were always on the road, day and night. I think I can do this.

Seems to me you’re going to have the worst of both worlds. You will be running just the one lorry of your own part time, but will still need to use other hauliers to cover all your work. Looks like your headaches are just going to get bigger.

By the time you’ve bought a truck and taxed and insured the thing and then employed a driver and paid someone to maintain the thing your going to need much more than £40000 to make it worthwhile, unless you’re going to find more work,

Neology:
Our budget is £8,000 - £10,000 for a 2007/2008.

All help appreciated!

If as it seems to suggest in your most recent post you want something to run night and day going for the bargain basement end of the market may come back to bite you, particularly if (again as I interpret) you are planning to run heavy. Unless you are extremely fortunate, something that’s seven or eight years old at the cheaper end of the spectrum will long have given its best to someone else and is not likely to stand up to 24/7 work running heavy for very long.

I have this for sale at £10500. Test may and rpc, 760k, fridge and very tidy truck.

£9500 maggie may be coming up for sale 860k very well maintained