Whos working over christmas

Is Christmas a quiet time for agencies? There’s pretty much sod all around Oxfordshire, except for long expired jobs on sites such as “EasyHGV” or whatever they’re called.

Told them I’m available for all days except Christmas and New Years day. Don’t particularly want to be but road tax due at end of month, MOT and insurance due 8th Jan, and it needs a new windscreen. Merry bloody Christmas. :smiley:

dew:
The only days I’ve got off are Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Years Eve.

No extra dollar for it either…

Lucky for me i get 3x the hourly rate which is unheard of now days

Hate to post this on here boys…But I’ve been off since 7th Dec and I’m not back till 7th Jan… all on full pay… :smiley:

just christmas day and boxing day off :frowning:

Just off Christmas Day,Boxing Day and New Years Day :imp:

I haven’t worked at xmas for 40yrs or more, don’t see much point in starting now :laughing: :laughing:
In fact the only xmas eve I do remember working as a youth :open_mouth: the gaffer scrounged a cup of tea and some ciggies off me and I vowed then that it was a bad practice and to be avoided at all costs.

Boxing day night 22.00 - The end :unamused:

I’ve yet to work a Christmas day itself, but often find myself working both boxing day and new year’s day.

Have not worked lates on new year’s eve since Millenium eve, where I got a nice big bonus for doing it (not announced until after the volunteering was closed! :stuck_out_tongue: )

Firms either don’t have any work Christmas day, or don’t offer enough money for doing it. I’d start at triple time. :smiling_imp:

Back Boxing day night 20:30 start.

Should be nice and quiet.

I wished we could go back to how it was when I was a boy, everywhere closed for about 5 days, nice and quiet and spent the holidays visiting family.
I remember, if you got a toy that needed batteries, and mum forgot to get them, you was knackered!!
The only shop I remember opening was the news agents boxing day morning only.
In london now it’s like a normal day.

I will be working all through christmas

Workng Christmas eve,Boxing night,New Year’s eve,New Year’s night,standing in for the young family guys.
Kerching!!

on call Christmas eve to boxing day morning,hope its a quiet one.

I’ve got a long shift on Christmas Day, money’s not great, but all the mince pies I can eat.

Love Father Christmas

yep i’m working 24th, 25th,26th, then on 31st, 1st n 2nd

I got 12 out over x-mas…

I"m down to work 24th to the 29th then 31st to the 5th just normal weeks

For once the rota dropped nicely. Off the 23rd - 26th, in for four then off 31st to 2nd.

Not this year :smiley: But I’ll be away over the new year, at least I can take my lad with me :sunglasses: