Who's taking part?

Finally some actual action ffs…

The mighty Beaver has instructed his agency today that the 23rd of August will be a Beaver free zone on the UK’s roads.

Let’s reach down folks & see what’s there, anyone struggling financially can simply book it as a holiday, NOW IS THE TIME FOLKS :sunglasses:

Right , my next question:

I know what it “was” like delivering to RDC’s, having done them long ago
( 1 to2 hours on the bay was the norm, depending which RDC of course)

But to those of you doing RDC deliveries now, looking at the comments above :open_mouth:
What is the actual norm, when delivering ?

If it really is long enough to read 5 chapters of War & Peace, you should comment, > nicely of course,

"When am I going to be tipped?
And if the reply is , the bays are full,
My reply would be,
“No wonder the shelves are empty in the shops then
Maybe if you sorted it a bit quicker and delivered it, you’d have space”
Get the stock to the shops, apparently according to the media, their shelves are empty ! "

To me, using the " there aren’t enough drivers, due to Pindemic, shortages, foreign drivers have gone home etc etc
is a crock, that the media are capitalizing on !!
I lay the blame entirely on these Plonkers that run the RDC’s. !

END OF RANT from la Belle France :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Bonsoir :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve not done anything for a month+ , but the only tip longer than 2 hrs I can remember was Tesco Thurrock at 2 hrs 30 ( though they were informed by co I was being pulled out at 19.30 ) , Lidl ( Southampton , Exeter , p/ bro, Bristol ) , full loads & gone within a hour / two , Asda, Morrison’s the same
As it always has been , no different I can remember , cash & carry’s can be a pain if you get there the wrong time
Nb the ones who are there 4/5 hrs are more than likely fast asleep for a hour 0r two after they’ve got a green light / tipped , but that’s Tesco,s fault apparently !!

pierrot 14:
As a P.S. to this thread:
From that article

> prompting fears over already creaking food supply chains

You lot live in the UK and obviously shop there,
are the shelves really empty ■■?

It depends on location. The big stores in the well populated areas are deliberately kept stocked so that the masses don’t notice the increasingly food shortages (which is nothing to do with drivers, or lack thereof), but in the rural areas they are not getting restocked and so a lot of empty shelves are appearing and staples missing.

eagerbeaver:
Finally some actual action ffs…

The mighty Beaver has instructed his agency today that the 23rd of August will be a Beaver free zone on the UK’s roads.

Let’s reach down folks & see what’s there, anyone struggling financially can simply book it as a holiday, NOW IS THE TIME FOLKS :sunglasses:

Good on you mate… The more the better, we owe nothing to the general public, politicians and haulliers alike. Who cares or does anything for us other than ourselves,

I might have missed something obvious here, but can someone tell me what this single day ‘off’ will achieve, exactly? Who is this aimed at and how will taking a single day off affect “them” ? :confused:

DCPCFML:
I might have missed something obvious here, but can someone tell me what this single day ‘off’ will achieve, exactly? Who is this aimed at and how will taking a single day off affect “them” ? :confused:

You wouldn’t get it mate.

Yorkshire Tramper:

DCPCFML:

You wouldn’t get it mate.

OK cool.

DCPCFML:
but in the rural areas they are not getting restocked and so a lot of empty shelves are appearing and staples missing.

I live in…

A village called ‘Greater Widdling on the Green’ and both our little shops are chock full to the brim. Not an empty shelf anywhere. The usual trolley of half-price items with expiring sell by dates is a full as ever.
For the hell of it, I’ve been to the little village shop in ‘Widdling on the Green’ (you can see the church spire from my kitchen window) and that too was stocked as normal.

You keep making stuff up to suit your ‘end of the world is nigh’ crusade.

So, because your local shop is full, you think all shops, all over the UK, must also be full? And reports of any shortages must be made up?

Franglais:
So, because your local shop is full, you think all shops, all over the UK, must also be full? And reports of any shortages must be made up?

I didn’t say…

That. I said my local shops have full shelves.

I don’t care. we have been stockpiling pasta, bog rolls and bread for 18 months :laughing:

yourhavingalarf:

Franglais:

I didn’t say…

That. I said my local shops have full shelves.

Yes, OK.
And I can see what you mean when you say “The other poster” is making stuff up to fulfil his “end of the world agenda”, except this time, purely coincidence of course, he seems to saying summat true!
(never thought I’d be defending one his comments)

Franglais:
he seems to saying summat true!

No…

He isn’t. He’s making a sweeping statement making an assumption that rural shops are running out of things to sell which isn’t true.

As pointed out by other posters in this thread, it appears that the German discounters and Tesco have a supply chain problem. IMO because they treat deliveries and delivery drivers in the same manner they’d treat clearing up someone elses dog poop.

Lidl haven’t had any wine gums in weeks.

yourhavingalarf:

Franglais:
he seems to saying summat true!

No…

He isn’t. He’s making a sweeping statement making an assumption that rural shops are running out of things to sell which isn’t true.

As pointed out by other posters in this thread, it appears that the German discounters and Tesco have a supply chain problem. IMO because they treat deliveries and delivery drivers in the same manner they’d treat clearing up someone elses dog poop.

Sorry Mr Larf.
I do take your point.

I’d love to say I was one of the strikers , but wasn’t at work anyway , looking out window , a1 as busy as ever

I once was involved in a strike,i lost two days of full pay and holiday accrual :smiling_imp: ,the newb scabs worked through it, then when redundancies came i was on the list, the scabs who started long after me stayed in work. Strikes are useless.
But great at dividing people up etc…

dozy:
I’d love to say I was one of the strikers , but wasn’t at work anyway , looking out window , a1 as busy as ever

Not until Aug 23 doze.

the maoster:
A number of major players are refusing to deliver to Iceland and Lidl RDC’s due to unacceptable delays on site. I myself recently spent 9 hours in one day on bays in two separate Tesco RDC’s. This is unacceptable and the reason why there’s shortages. Sod all to do with lack of drivers.

I’m not sure where the delays at Lidl and Aldi are coming from, as if you arrive on time, you get on a bay and tip yourself. No waiting for the two warehouse bods to tip you. I did notice the other day (tipping in Cardiff) that they goods in lanes were full, which indicates a problem in their warehouse, to move stock about. And I was surprised by how friendly and cooperative the goods in staff were. I know that they have a tendency to turn you away if your late (or very early).

Or is that on frozen/chilled?