Who's stuck at the Dartford crossing?

I’ve been in this traffic for 1 hour 34 minutes now! 3 more hours I will be having a night out in the hard shoulder :frowning:

In the hard shoulder?? Why on earth would you do that??

Presume you mean the A2 on the M25 anti clockwise as Dartford was pretty clear all afternoon…
Didn’t get stuck though. Left Crawley at 15:50 & arrived in Purfleet 17:10!
Heard about it on the radio just after half twelve and saw the matix signs so went M26, A227,A2 & flew round. Only one motor in front of me at the toll booths at 17:00!!

3 more weeks I have to put up with that ■■■■■■ M25. Roll on new job :slight_smile:

What with the new system coming into operation soon, where theyre gonna remove the toll booths, all it takes is one accident and its completely blocked up, whether that will change i dont know, but at the moment there is very little lane procedure, everyone moving over a lane because of the slip roads, and the lanes themselves but there are rumours of a new road system/lane widening ( dont know how ) but it may improve things a bit.

Isn’t last night’s “incident” the third time in as many weeks?

Plus, you’ve got that “down to one lane on the bridge” that catches you coming back around midnight as well…

I understand the cause yesterday was

(a) A collision between a truck and a car in the left-hand bore
(b) A diesel spill in the right hand bore - down to one lane
(c) Rush hour weight of traffic tailing back to Chipstead Corner

If heading for the M1, it only costs 15 minutes to go around clockwise instead, as long as it’s completely clear - which last night it was. :sunglasses:

With the amount of money thats been generated they could have built a second bridge 4 lanes years ago, then all they have to do is either keep the tunnels for hazardous if the needs be, but i dont think so cos there is little need from north to south.

Hiya…i think it’ll be hell going from the booths to the tunnel. when we stopped to pay it give you a chance
to get in lane while others was paying. now traffic will just sail through the booths and into a traffic jam
unless the hold up will disappear (some chance)…how will the hazardous lorries go on if theirs no booths…
makes you think…whos idea was that…if they’d put the pay booth near the A127 so you could go
up and over the bridge not having to slow down that would have been a good idea. with a pay booth on the
slip road from the services

You should have to pass a test to drive through the tunnels, oh wait…

lewis1991:
I’ve been in this traffic for 1 hour 34 minutes now! 3 more hours I will be having a night out in the hard shoulder :frowning:

buy a tomtom 5150 got live traffic always re routes me, been a blessing to me.just need updating alot or you lose your gps.

Winseer:
Isn’t last night’s “incident” the third time in as many weeks?

Plus, you’ve got that “down to one lane on the bridge” that catches you coming back around midnight as well…

I understand the cause yesterday was

(a) A collision between a truck and a car in the left-hand bore
(b) A diesel spill in the right hand bore - down to one lane
(c) Rush hour weight of traffic tailing back to Chipstead Corner

If heading for the M1, it only costs 15 minutes to go around clockwise instead, as long as it’s completely clear - which last night it was. :sunglasses:

Out of interest 15 mins longer, is this from the toll booths going clockwise to the M1 than going anti clock through the pipe and round■■? :astonished:

Yes. Providing you don’t get caught J8-J13. The gantries should warn you of any hoohar clockwise though. Best abandoned if there is any trouble the other way as well…

truckyboy:
What with the new system coming into operation soon, where theyre gonna remove the toll booths, all it takes is one accident and its completely blocked up, whether that will change i dont know, but at the moment there is very little lane procedure, everyone moving over a lane because of the slip roads, and the lanes themselves but there are rumours of a new road system/lane widening ( dont know how ) but it may improve things a bit.

This is what its going to look like

kentonline.co.uk/dartford/ne … ing-13512/

Ooooooooo luxury, October 26th boys, put it in yer diary!!! I might just drive over it back & forth for the laugh all day…

Winseer:
Yes. Providing you don’t get caught J8-J13. The gantries should warn you of any hoohar clockwise though. Best abandoned if there is any trouble the other way as well…

Thanks, handy to know :smiley:

fingermissing:

truckyboy:

This is what its going to look like

kentonline.co.uk/dartford/ne … ing-13512/

:open_mouth: Why does lane 1 force you onto the hard shoulder? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: