Who's nicked my satnav?

Had a drop in the Sprinter today to that great temple of shopping - the Lakeside Shopping Centre at Thurrrock, so after I had tipped the pallets of shop fittings to JJB sports I parked the van up in a quiet corner of the car park and diappeared into the shopping centre for a wash and cuppa.

Returned to the van 20 minutes later and discovered it had been broken into by putting a screwdriver under the lock and some thieving git had made off with my satnav system :frowning: :frowning: I had locked the computer unit and GPS unit in the glove box, but this had also been forced open. Just to make sure they had also checked the load area at the back by forcing that lock also. They kindly left the empty pallets

Spent the next few minutes (after I had cooled down) on the phone to the police to report it, then another call tonight to get the crime number, and another call to the insurance company, luckily I have personal effects cover so its covered OK - thank god else Iโ€™d be ยฃ400 down trhe pan.

Police said they would ask security to check the CCTV but I dont hold out any hope.

I could think of various words to write but Iโ€™ll leave them to your imaginations.

Doorlocks on Sprinters arenโ€™t worth the name, neither is security at Lakeside.

Calv

Door locks on โ– โ– โ– โ– โ– โ– โ€™s arent a lot better, we had the RAC out a few times where people had locked keys in the cab, never took the guy more than a few seconds to get in there! :open_mouth:

Bad luck mate. At least they didnt do the window else you might have had a chilly drive home.

They could also have taken the van, then I would have had a long walk home.

Back to manual navigation at the moment, get the box of maps back out.

Calv