Who's happy, Who's not?

Basically happy, :stuck_out_tongue:

There are good days and bad
good weeks and bad.

Where else can you get a different view from your office window and eat in a different place every night.

oh and driving a left hand drive truck gives you a better view of the beautiful laydeez :smiley:

Happy when Iā€™m working, get a real strop on when Iā€™m not :laughing:. Dislike totally working for agencies - Iā€™ve yet to meet one who donā€™t try and bully you into doing what they want rather than asking nicely, if they did, Iā€™d probably do it.

I garuntee one will ring up next week, then moan when I refuse to do the job for them, when I havnā€™t heard from them for a fortnight :unamused:. Itā€™s down to the employer weather your happy or not I think. For me, if Iā€™ve got enough money to live on and a bit put by, then Iā€™m happy. That and a bit of respect :open_mouth:.

Iā€™m never bloody happy so ask me another one Eric :laughing:

I allus seem to have itchy feet too and funnily enough, I had another job in the pipeline already but in all fairness, so far, I donā€™t have any complaints :open_mouth: about working for Archboldā€™s. Iā€™ve had a few bad days but you get them wherever you work.

If Archoldā€™s upped the money by another Ā£75 to Ā£500/week nett and added a few quid to the night out money I would stay there :confused: :open_mouth: .

im happy in my job at the moā€¦its agency and a guaranteed contract 6 months at a time. i do a 50 hour week less breaks so its 46 1/4 and i take home 300 quid after stopages so it aint bad

but if i had a choice and found the job i would love to do night outs i did it for a few weeks and loved itā€¦so if anyone hears of class 2 out all week let me know.

on another note what would really rock my boat would be to do my class 1 but alas as the streets sing ā€œa grand dont come for freeā€ :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

On the whole Iā€™m happy with my lot, though near the end of the week I do find myself cursing the gaffer, particularly in mornings

I go out 8am Monday and get back early Friday evening, on occasion I might get back one night during the weekā€¦

I get no hassle whatsoever from anyone, timed deliveries ? who gives a damā€¦

Rate is a miserable Ā£6.30, but with the amount of hours I rack up I get a fair wedge in my binā€¦

Getting attached to my 124/420 Scania but most of the trailers should be condemnedā€¦

We have regular contracts but backloads are varied, steel to soap powder and everything in betweenā€¦

While I enjoy being out we work max legal hours and more, so rest is my bone of contention. As the sun is beginning to shine Iā€™m now going to look for less hours for the summerā€¦

scanny77:
not so! i cant get enough hours or the work that i really want. most of the stuff here is delivering to shops which have little room for deliveries. i am at the stage now where i cant earn enough driving so i am thinking about taking an FLT course and going to that side of things instead. trucking isnt an earner around here. even on Ā£7.50 per hour, i cant earn enough on a 5 day week :frowning:

Have you thought about doing HIAB or Hazardous qualifications? Iā€™m told that once youā€™ve got these youā€™ll be able to get jobs with better money. Of course, youā€™d have to lay out in the first place to get the qualifications, but itā€™s like the old ā€˜speculate to accumulateā€™ saying.

Just a thought.

Iā€™m happy enough for now but itā€™s not the kind of job Iā€™ll stick to for everā€¦ more like one to get the required two yearsā€™ experience then ā– ā– ā– ā–  off. Class 2, 2-5 shop deliveries a day, Ā£7.43 an hour and 45 hours per week. Itā€™s handball and some of the drops are ā– ā– ā– ā– , but I have a driverā€™s mate whoā€™s a good lad. Decent enough wagons, all with sat-nav, plus the office are reasonably flexible if you need to be back early for whatever reason. Thereā€™s a but too much favouritism in the office when it comes to allocating runs, though. We can start any time between 4-7.30 am - finishing between 1-4pm, anything later than that being rare. On top of the Ā£7.43 we get a Ā£20/week attendance bonus.

So Iā€™m happy for now. But I want to make use of my class 1 before I forget how to reverse one.

Deaks:
Iā€™m happy enough for now but itā€™s not the kind of job Iā€™ll stick to for everā€¦ more like one to get the required two yearsā€™ experience then [zb] off. Class 2, 2-5 shop deliveries a day, Ā£7.43 an hour and 45 hours per week. Itā€™s handball and some of the drops are [zb], but I have a driverā€™s mate whoā€™s a good lad. Decent enough wagons, all with sat-nav, plus the office are reasonably flexible if you need to be back early for whatever reason. Thereā€™s a but too much favouritism in the office when it comes to allocating runs, though. We can start any time between 4-7.30 am - finishing between 1-4pm, anything later than that being rare. On top of the Ā£7.43 we get a Ā£20/week attendance bonus.

So Iā€™m happy for now. But I want to make use of my class 1 before I forget how to reverse one.

I tell you something mate if you think youā€™re gonna get better than that your severly disalusioned that sounds an absolute doddle 5 jobs and a mate with you aswell :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

simon

SimonRS2K:

Deaks:
Iā€™m happy enough for now but itā€™s not the kind of job Iā€™ll stick to for everā€¦ more like one to get the required two yearsā€™ experience then [zb] off. Class 2, 2-5 shop deliveries a day, Ā£7.43 an hour and 45 hours per week. Itā€™s handball and some of the drops are [zb], but I have a driverā€™s mate whoā€™s a good lad. Decent enough wagons, all with sat-nav, plus the office are reasonably flexible if you need to be back early for whatever reason. Thereā€™s a but too much favouritism in the office when it comes to allocating runs, though. We can start any time between 4-7.30 am - finishing between 1-4pm, anything later than that being rare. On top of the Ā£7.43 we get a Ā£20/week attendance bonus.

I tell you something mate if you think youā€™re gonna get better than that your severly disalusioned that sounds an absolute doddle 5 jobs and a mate with you aswell :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

simon

That do sound alright to me as well. But then I havenā€™t got a class 1 that Iā€™m itching to use.

SimonRS2K:

Deaks:

simon

Agree, but its the sort of job iā€™m thinking about at the moment (donā€™t think iā€™m going to bother using my class1), however its still only Ā£350 / week which is no good long term for me which means I couldnā€™t stay in this industry forever.

I am happy with my job, I have my bad days though as we all do from time to time.

The pay could be better, especially when the work is slack. The boss is so laid back he is horizontal, itā€™s like running my own truck but with out the money worries. The job is mostly easy, but can be dirty and wet.

All in all I canā€™t see me moving form here for a very long time

SimonRS2K:

Deaks:

simon

I understand what youā€™re saying Simon but the mateā€™s there to help me handball 10-13 tonnes of drink into off-licenses! That bitā€™s not such a doddle.

no im not happy ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  off with the whole bloody thing wages crap conditions crap company crap cant wait to get out of the whole thing !!!

yeah im happy with my job the money is good the wagons are all blinged up with ally wheels and spotlights.tele, dvd, fridges,cd player .we are out all week so he says we should have the best gear as its our home 5 days a week.the only down side is the early start on a monday latest 4 am but hey thats fridge work. :laughing: :laughing:

Carl:
yeah im happy with my job the money is good the wagons are all blinged up with ally wheels and spotlights.tele, dvd, fridges,cd player .we are out all week so he says we should have the best gear as its our home 5 days a week.the only down side is the early start on a monday latest 4 am but hey thats fridge work. :laughing: :laughing:

Sounds a good boss Carl.
Do you have any pictures of your lorry as it sounds like it looks a nice motor.

Got a mate whose a mechanic - takes home Ā£275 a week - has to account for every hour, pressure to get jobs done, gets covered in oil etc

Got a mate whose a copper - takes home Ā£300 a week - pressure, stress, crap bosses

Me - take home more than them, own boss while out on the road, not as much stress, like driving,
So , overall - HAPPY

Deaks:

SimonRS2K:

Deaks:

simon

I understand what youā€™re saying Simon but the mateā€™s there to help me handball 10-13 tonnes of drink into off-licenses! That bitā€™s not such a doddle.

Deaks you dont happen to work for bargain booze do ya ?

simon

tinydm:
Got a mate whose a mechanic - takes home Ā£275 a week - has to account for every hour, pressure to get jobs done, gets covered in oil etc

Got a mate whose a copper - takes home Ā£300 a week - pressure, stress, crap bosses

Me - take home more than them, own boss while out on the road, not as much stress, like driving,
So , overall - HAPPY

Says it all really.

Me happy. Good pay (Ā£420 a week clear for 60 hours), less hours since WTD came in. But still enough to live comfortably. Could do with a few less nights out, but they come in waves, so am home quite a bit for next couple of weeks.

Overall, canā€™t complain.

im happy at present, not secure but happy :blush:

the managment and drivers all have the crack with you , i havenā€™t worked more them 46 hours a week in the last 3 weeks and stil bringing home 320 plus home a week.

ask me again when the barclay bros want a quick buck and like the index boys end up at the job centre and i proberbly tell you a diffrent answer :open_mouth:

jon

SimonRS2K:
Deaks you dont happen to work for bargain booze do ya ?

simon

Spot on mate. How did you work that out? And before anyone says - yes I KNOW a lot of our drivers are stupid ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– .