Who's done module 2 CPC?

So I have my CPC module 2 booked. I’ve been lent a book from my driving instructor and I’ve also bought a mod 2 training package from drivertheory4all which is meant to be based on the CPC syllabus. Some of the questions are really straight forward, but some of them are baffling. I have no problems with the EU regulations and tachograph questions, what you should and shouldn’t eat, but the ones about sole traders and public liability go straight over my head.

So my question is for people who have actually done the mod 2. What kind of questions did you get? How similar to the theory test is it? It’s so frustrating having to jump these hoops now I’ve actually passed my practical test, really wish I could just do the periodical training like other drivers and get out there and get some work!

Just passed my Mod 1a (Multiple Choice) and Mod 2 (iDCPC) today.

I had the following books for revision:

DVSA Guide to driving goods vehicles
DVSA Driver CPC
DfT HIghway code

Was a bit nervous about the CPC but it turned out I got a score of 49/50 which I’m very happy with.

If you know that 1st book (listed above) inside out, have some common sense too, then I think you’ll be okay for the iDCPC.

I read some HSE PDFs on “securing your load” so that might have helped me a bit.

They were the some questions on Health and the Law. Fitness to drive etc.

This is some good info: transportsfriend.org/cpc/cpc.html

I think I got 92 out of 100 on my theory choice. I didn’t realise until I came on here that I could sit the mod 2 before I sat my mod 3 practical.

Good job on the 49 out of 50, I could do with that result myself!

What kind of questions did you get on your mod 2?

Endgame:
I think I got 92 out of 100 on my theory choice. I didn’t realise until I came on here that I could sit the mod 2 before I sat my mod 3 practical.

Good job on the 49 out of 50, I could do with that result myself!

What kind of questions did you get on your mod 2?

Thanks, I got 94 on Mod 1 but failed the Hazard… Didn’t know what to expect and hadn’t revised it!

CPC: There was this one scenario with liability for something and you had to say who was liable. I thought I was common sense, all of it. Questions were about trucks, surprisingly. If you got 92 on your Mod 1 then I imagine you’ll breeze it.

There’s loads of factoids in my brain that they didn’t enquire about. I’m happy to have that knowledge none the less.
“DVSA Guide to driving goods vehicles” taught me good (for the test) :smiley:

Was speaking to someone who never did the theory, back in the day, just the practical test in a wagon. They told me that when they first went out, by themselves, ( a damp English morning I imagine) the air pressure alarm goes off in the cab. They didn’t know what it was because they were never taught it. Can you imagine that!

Lots of people worried about hazard perception, but because I’d only passed my car test in 2012, I knew what to expect from it and I scored 89 out of 100 points.

Hopefully my mod 2 will be common sensed based questions. I’ve managed to bring my test forward by a week or so, so once that’s done, I can get the mod 4 out of the way with.

I notice you’re in West Yorkshire? Whereabouts? From Huddersfield myself, living in Liverpool now though. Got my mod 2 booked for Huddersfield town centre!

Endgame:
Lots of people worried about hazard perception, but because I’d only passed my car test in 2012, I knew what to expect from it and I scored 89 out of 100 points.

Hopefully my mod 2 will be common sensed based questions. I’ve managed to bring my test forward by a week or so, so once that’s done, I can get the mod 4 out of the way with.

I notice you’re in West Yorkshire? Whereabouts? From Huddersfield myself, living in Liverpool now though. Got my mod 2 booked for Huddersfield town centre!

Ha! just back from Huddersfield town centre due to the test(s).

Seems like most of the people in there were doing hazard perception. £15.00 a time, £60.00 an hour each PC sat there earning. Bloody PC earns more than me!

Small world, eh?!

It’s in “ramsden house” am I right? Opposite Primark?

Have you decided who you’re doing your practical training with?

Endgame:
Small world, eh?!

It’s in “ramsden house” am I right? Opposite Primark?

Have you decided who you’re doing your practical training with?

Correct.
No, not yet. I’m looking at doing it within the next month, I hope.

I did my training with Chevron (the owner is on here! goes by the user name Chevmac) they’re based in Flintshire. Can’t recommend them enough, but being in Huddersfield, it would be quite a commute for you to do.

Well, good luck with whoever you go with, buddy!

Endgame:
I did my training with Chevron (the owner is on here! goes by the user name Chevmac) they’re based in Flintshire. Can’t recommend them enough, but being in Huddersfield, it would be quite a commute for you to do.

Well, good luck with whoever you go with, buddy!

You too, mate!

Be sure to let us know when you passed your Mod 2.

Cheers.

Just a quick question regarding the mod 2

What is the pass mark? I’ve read somewhere it’s 38, somewhere else it’s 40 and then I’ve even read it’s 43 out of 50!?

If I remember rightly it is a pass mark of 40 out of 50.

neilp1982:
If I remember rightly it is a pass mark of 40 out of 50.

Thanks!

Gotta say, I’m quite nervous about this one, I wasn’t even sweating over the theory test and hazard perception!

Although some people find the Mod2 fairly straightforward there are many that fail it often several times.

We have just had a 7 hour periodic CPC course approved that completely covers the syllabus of the initial Mod2. Ran it last weekend and both lots of candidates really loved it. A real mixture of old meets young in the same room.

From a trainers viewpoint it allowed me to diversify the day into whatever the guys wanted.

LGVTrainer:
Although some people find the Mod2 fairly straightforward there are many that fail it often several times.

We have just had a 7 hour periodic CPC course approved that completely covers the syllabus of the initial Mod2. Ran it last weekend and both lots of candidates really loved it. A real mixture of old meets young in the same room.

From a trainers viewpoint it allowed me to diversify the day into whatever the guys wanted.

Wish I could just do the periodic training instead of this mod 2. Even if it involved doing 35 hours in one week. Weird thing is, I’m quite good with written tests, as opposed to practical ones.

Probably just nervous because of the lack of study material out there. I have been lent a book by my instructor school and signed up to drivertheory4all, so hopefully will pass it first time!

Endgame let me make this clear. You are so typical of people that want to pass not LEARN. Stop moaning because you will never be a proper driver.

You wish you could do the periodic training because you could not pass a test

Get real and never book training with us.

Delete your account. You’re an idiot

Take the mod2 and get it done. I don’t take back 1 word

LGVTrainer:
Endgame let me make this clear. You are so typical of people that want to pass not LEARN. Stop moaning because you will never be a proper driver.

You wish you could do the periodic training because you could not pass a test

Get real and never book training with us.

Delete your account. You’re an idiot

John I think the phrase is if you don’t have anything constructive to say don’t say anything at all.
Your comment above is very surprising and in my opinion unprofessional - you neither know or have ever met Alex and to make comments about his future ability is off the mark.
I assume by the timing of your post you have either just woken up or just in from the pub :unamused: - as a trainer you are well out of order.

John

LGVtrainer, I would never have booked with you anyway - only ever heard bad things about your “company” it kind of shows what kind of business you run, if your online persona is anything to go by.

I passed it today anyway, just the mod 4 to deal with now. I suppose it’s a good job I’m not going with LGVtrainer!

John, I’ve booked in for the mod 4 next Thursday, hopefully see you then!

Well done mate - see you next week

John