whoops!!!!!

seen on thursday at Colsterworth

How does ■■■■ like that happen, is it when badly loaded or when drivers just pull (ooh err matron) out without using the suspension?

I would think that its badly loaded. As the legs are more to the front end than the centre, I am sure that even if legs were not down as driver pulled out and it dropped onto legs, the axles would still be on the ground at the back.

I’ve never seen one like that before, it looks like legs are ok maybe some really heavy pallets at the front end that’s all I can think of :confused:

I saw a pollocks driver on friday night at Carnforth drop his trailer on its knees as he was in that much of a rush to get away…cue lots of pollocks guys rushing to his help and most of us laughing.

waynedl:
How does [zb] like that happen, is it when badly loaded or when drivers just pull (ooh err matron) out without using the suspension?

No,it happens when the weight in front of the landing legs exceeds that to the rear.

The elelphant got bored and walked to the front :smiley:

OTS:
The elelphant got bored and walked to the front :smiley:

Doubt it? The trailer was dropped with more weight forward than rear. Rocket science it aint.

Too much weight piled too high against the headboard. Putting the legs all the way down and having the back suspension full-limit wouldn’t have made any difference here.

Betchya it’s bags of cement 5 foot high on pallets! :unamused: A cubic metre of anything powdery in bags weighs about 5.5 tonnes. Most pallets and the space they go into as load on a lorry are going to be weighing less than a single tonne, so stick two weighty ones as described up against a head board, and guess what happens with the very front spaces now occupied by about 9 tonnes over!?

Weighty.jpg

gogzy:
I saw a pollocks driver on friday night at Carnforth drop his trailer on its knees as he was in that much of a rush to get away…cue lots of pollocks guys rushing to his help and most of us laughing.

‘Rocket Science’ it aint. - ‘Pollocks’ it is then? :unamused:

I guess when you get called into the office - it will be for a “rocket” from the TM rather than a “pollocking” too! :smiley:

I could’ve done something similar with 6 pallets of cement on the headboard (about 9 tonne) if it hadn’t been for the friendly advice of one of our forkies :blush: . So many bit and pieces ready to catch a noob out, however when I uncouple, I use the suspension and if I don’t see the unit & trailer separate vertically before pulling clear, I know there’s something wrong.

gogzy:

Hope it wasn’t a mate of mine, he drives for them :laughing:

The guy at colsterworth got a JCB and put a heavy weight at the back which cantilevered the trailer back to the ground and a unit quickly got underneath.When they opened the curtains there apeared to be a packing case at the front and the rest of the load did not seem to have moved.The helpful guys then sorted the load for the driver.Don’t know if the boss ever found out (until now that is).

Done that run on nights :open_mouth: , hope drive gave the forkie that loaded it a kicking when they got back.

I’ve seen the opposite. Was doing agency work for a shipping company in Hull that used to do tilt trailers off the dock. Running back to Hull one day I got called to divert to Sheffield to out to bail out someone in a 4x2 tractor unit who was having problems with his tilt trailer as I had a 6x2. When I got there I had a look and all the fifth wheel bolts were stretched to hell and there was actually a gap between the slider and the top of the chassis rail :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Turns out that when it got loaded in Germany, someone had put a big cast iron bell - as in church bell - on the arse end. They’d loaded the rest of the groupage on the wrong way round so the driver not being the brightest of bulbs did the run in the order he was given it instead of reverse. He then ended up with this bell on behind the rear axle and nowt else on the trailer, finally giving in and parking up when he could no longer control the wagon.

I took one look at it and told the office I refuse to touch it. Anyway, the driver pulls his airlines off to drop the trailer and go get the fifth wheel fixed. As he removed the red airline there was this almighty bang as the pin ripped out of the fifth wheel and the arse end of the trailer ended up on the floor with the front end over 10ft in the air. Phoned up the office who then said “what the hell are we supposed to do?” “Hire a crane is my best bet” I replied…

waynedl:
How does [zb] like that happen, is it when badly loaded or when drivers just pull (ooh err matron) out without using the suspension?

you never had a seesaw as a kid did you :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

stevieboy308:

waynedl:

you never had a seesaw as a kid did you :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Clearly not.