Whoops.

A5 in Shropshire closed after tractor and taxi in crash
A tractor and taxi were involved in a crash which closed the A5 in Shropshire this afternoon. Police were urging drivers to avoid the area.

The collision happened at Crackley Bank at the junction for the B4379 leading to Shifnal.

No injuries were reported.

Is that the taxi driver ■■■■■■■ up against the tractor :laughing:

he should of had the beacon on.

leegti6:

…if he had the beacon on it would be alright to ■■■■ against the tractor■■?

David

Bet he was speeding

5thwheel:

leegti6:

…if he had the beacon on it would be alright to ■■■■ against the tractor■■?

David

Taking photos of beacons is a bit like Mrs Trellis (from Sorry I Haven’t a Clue) trying to write Humph a post card by the light of a light-house. ie the shutter probably came down just as the beacon was flashing off. And I’ll bet that’s the car driver ■■■■■■■ up against the tractor, having just parked his lorry at the depot and knocked off work for the day! :laughing: Robert

leegti6:

Looks like the beacon is on to me. :wink:

Ffs no-one hurt closed road. Just move it out the way :unamused:

nick2008:
Ffs no-one hurt closed road. Just move it out the way :unamused:

Can’t move it just yet, we need to wait for fire engines, Ambulances, VOSA. Once they have arrived the road will be closed all night while the police measure up and drink Costa Coffee.

Dave,
That taxi driver was standing in our kitchen,he’s an ex tractor fan :unamused:
Hope you and Tracy are ok.
Regards
Richard

Keeping a road blocked seems par for the course today, I recently came across a waste Tanker that had a little deli van side door wedge into its side, the deli man was frantically picking up his goods which had spilled from the now open side, it seemed he had turned left at a traffic light controlled junction and his side door flew up catching the side of the tanker going the other way and ripping the door off. However there were no injuries or problems of fault etc but the wagon driver refused to move his motor which was blocking the lights and causing no end of hassle, “I’m not moving anywhere until the Police come” was all he would say when he didn’t have his ear stuck to his mobile. What a balloon, when I finally got around him I stopped further up to speak to the Police Officer now held up in the jam he had going on, I told her he won’t shift it until they get there and the female officer replied “Yeah we know, we’ve had a few calls, I can’t use my blues cos its not an emergency”. No it was just some nugget causing chaos instead of using his common sense!

Evening all,

just a couple of thoughts…

I know this junction well, it is surrounded by electronic, and fixed warning signs, it is a straight forward cross road junction on the main A5, and subject to a strictly enforced speed limit of 50 mph on the main carriageway.

Since it has been so controlled accidents have fallen dramatically.

The village of Shifnal is surrounded by the most bizarre collection of 7.5 tonne limits one can imagine, leading to the majority of HGVs having to circumnavigate the most impossible roads…but that is the mentality of the local authority.

The area is mainly agricultural so there is a large percentage of tractor trailer movements.

Dave, your picture would presume to show that the Tractor trailer had turned across the path of an oncoming private hire vehicle on the main A5…I cannot comment further…

Except,

If said private hire vehicle was observing the speed limit, and looking ahead…well there would have been no accident…

But as a generality, just what standard of driving skill applies to private hire drivers? Most seem devoid of any skill except" pressing the hammer to the floor"…would you wish to travel with such a merchant?..And more so, why should local Education Authorities award transit contracts to Taxi, and Private Hire firms without rigorous examination of the drivers actual competence?

Likewise, the standard of a lot of the agricultural lads leaves a lot to be desired…youngsters, in charge of a combination , that they really do not understand…(and have you noted how all combination drivers seem to have a mobile phone glued to their ear)? It was good to get the uplift in weights…but there should be a meaningful test of competence for all tractor drivers…the new machines are fast, powerful, and in many cases beyond the competence of the driver.

So having upset two driving communities I shall take refuge in my Bollinger…

Cheerio for now.

Hi John,
I wouldn’t like to speculate about what happened on that junction. I saw the photo on the web from the Shropshire Star. No doubt someone will pay a fine, and the others damage, not that the tractor would have suffered much damage.
Cheers Dave.

Maybe the tractor driver, was just bursting for a ■■■■,and faked a fuel problem with the tractor, stopped to try to restart and while i am here might as well do it here,save increasing the smell by the fuel tank at the farm,
then this taxi looks as if overtaking. and the other car turner left.and i never seen the said object in the middle of the road officer…as i wasc bursting for a ■■■■ and my mind was elsewhere…