Who'd have believed it?

Dead for 78 minutes and look at him now, incredible!

telegraph.co.uk/news/9219191 … overy.html

I didn’t think he stood a chance when the news first broke, I assumed at best he would end up severely mentally handicapped. I guess it’s all credit to the medical staff who kept him going artificially until his heart started beating again, without them he would have been past the point of no return within minutes.

Paul

So did his team get awarded a penalty? I’ve heard of footballers being able to walk moments after writhing in agony rolling about on the floor.
I can’t stand anything to do with football, players or supporters, it’s my right to not like it.
Don’t players have to have super stringent medical examinations by some of the best medics using the latest, top of the line equipment? YET they weren’t able to predict or even advise about something like this happening?

I think it had more to do with the medical staff at whl. You don’t normally have a defribulator on the touchline on hackney marshes. Speed was of the essence there

Yes I understand he was lucky it happened where it did, with the emergancy medics only 5 seconds away.

What I’m trying to say is how was his condition or whatever caused it not spotted earlier?