Who will give me a start in Cumbria?

Hi all, looking for my first fulltime class one job in ■■■■■■■■

Clean class one licence since 2006, have done various acency work, got CPC and DigiCard.

Who are the best firms to work for in North ■■■■■■■■ that will give a relatively inexperienced guy a chance?

Im guessing you got your c+e in 2006 but then have not used it much?

mrginge:
Im guessing you got your c+e in 2006 but then have not used it much?

Used it for agency driving up until around 2009, then had a break, just started doing some more weekend work for Co-Op.

Done a varied amount of work just not consistent. (I’m in the forces but out soon)

Stobarts!

merc0447:
Stobarts!

Yes been told they like ex forces but just trying to see what other options there are, don’t want to put all my eggs in one basket :grimacing:

■■■■■■■ covers a large area , can you be a little more specific ?

syramax:
■■■■■■■ covers a large area , can you be a little more specific ?

Yes sorry, Carlisle/Penrith ideally.

fedexeurope.hire.com/viewjob.ht … rmCode=any

FedEx carlise, £10p/h on class C which I think is pretty good. Year or so down the line you’ll have first refusal on a class C+E job.

Just say you have plenty of driving experience in the forces.

merc0447:
https://fedexeurope.hire.com/viewjob.html?optlink-view=view-91259&ERFormID=newjoblist&ERFormCode=any

FedEx carlise, £10p/h on class C which I think is pretty good. Year or so down the line you’ll have first refusal on a class C+E job.

Just say you have plenty of driving experience in the forces.

That is likely to be multi drop and a lot of handball I would imagine?

Don’t know much about them but I know a fella travelling from Dumfries to Wigton to drive for Stampers. Hayton Coulthard is worth a shout, based in Ecclefechan.

Always pop in and speak to andrew at tyson burridge in distington. I started 5 days after passing class1 with no previous experiance.
Others to try is gist at carlisle and nft at penrith both are agency. Stobarts are hiring out of carlisle, jenki’s are taking people on, eric nicholsons at cockermouth may give you a start. Just visit all the local hauliers and see what happens

Thompsons at Flimby are expanding rapidly as well. Walking floors, tippers and logs.

Robsons of Carlisle… or am I too late. :wink:

right now Canute at Longtown are looking for drivers for their Wilkinson contract, it will be double decker work , either trunking to Worksop or doing shop deliveries into Scotland, probably night time deliveries… number is 01228794907.
Armstrongs at Longtown as well, they are looking for drivers for several different areas of their operation… milk tankers, livestock, general. 01228791242
good luck…

Thompsons were recently looking for tipper drivers , j r Dixon workington will give newbies a start ( me for one) tramping work you could ring but they prefer a visit even if there’s nothing at the moment your in their mind if something crops up

Cheers for all the advice folks.

Fancy something a bit different to general haulage so the likes of Thompson at Flimby, Jenkinsons and Stobart Biomass are sounding promising and appealing.

Prefer to be away Mon-Fri Tramping if possible, enjoy being away (used to it in the Army), love my independence and getting all over the country.

Anyone who works for any of the above who can offer more advice please let me know. (even if via PM)

Stay safe folks! :smiley:

Simmo
My firm GSM at Dornock Annan has a shunter leaving this week, don,t know if he has anyone lined up fer the post.Job is mainly up to the northern fishing ports (lockinver,Peterhead ,Frazerburgh,Aberdeen)to load fish for export.With odd trip down south,Good kit.Ex army ,can you handle left hand drives■■?
Give him a ring —Jim Morrison 07710074708.
Klunk

Aw jenkinson at penrith will absolutely give u a go.

peterm:
Robsons of Carlisle… or am I too late. :wink:

The shut door a year or two ago lol

Cheers fellas, all good pointers!