Who was at fault?

Ryy86:
It isn’t rocket science, van is joining the carriageway but couldn’t see past the bus, but decided to pull out anyway, greasy road loaded truck wouldn’t be stopping safely in a hurry. I’d ave took the van out as well the prick

Yeah but we could all see the van while it was driving up the side road. It’s London, assume everyone is a ■■■■ and they will drive in front of you

Pimpdaddy:
I think Van driver is 100% at fault, he/she didn’t have the right of way:!:

+1

Van driver does a standard van manouvre, driver of large vehicle exceeds speed limit and hits it giving it the bigun in unsuitable conditions and makes the ultimate twunt witt foo-par of posting incrimminating footage on tinternet.

Oh and lorry driver to blame more so than the van. But only those who aspire to be better drivers will see this.

Van driver more so than lorry driver.

Girls girls girls. Its easy, no ifs or butts, vans insurance will be paying out therefore it is the sole fault of thou van driver racing to get infront of thou bus.

No 5% to him or 20% to her, no its a busy city centre he was speeding, you don’t know if he was speeding you haven’t read his printouts, and even if he was a little over the van Still pulled out.

Ryy86:
Girls girls girls. Its easy, no ifs or butts, vans insurance will be paying out therefore it is the sole fault of thou van driver racing to get infront of thou bus.

No 5% to him or 20% to her, no its a busy city centre he was speeding, you don’t know if he was speeding you haven’t read his printouts, and even if he was a little over the van Still pulled out.

Shows on his camera he was speeding and accelerated just before impact,keep up sunshine.

ckm1981:

Ryy86:

Shows on his camera he was speeding and accelerated just before impact,keep up sunshine.

My point is chicken in case you still haven’t gathered.

It doesn’t matter a ■■■■ what the so-called speedometer is showing in the video or what you think it can’t and won’t be used against the HGV driver as evidence, your dearly beloved Mr van driver caused the incident so will take the blame, not half or a quarter or an eight of it.

If they have an issue with his driving they will use any data taken off his tacograph as it will more than likely be accurate, which of course upto now you nor I have any access to.

But! 28 mph or 23-25 mph or 20 mph, he didnt and couldn’t stop safely as the tool in the van pulled in front of him, I’d rather drive into him than risk shedding a load or possibly jacking into the traffic on the other side of the road, both of which are high possibilities taking into account the sate of the road surface

Both at fault > innit <

In a any collision between two vehicles - it always took two people making a mistake to cause that “accident”.

One to get into the wrong place, and the other not to be able to avoid impact.

It’s probably why “accidents” are now called “Road Traffic Collisions” as well. The neutrality is in the new label.

As a professional driver - we should always be attempting to NOT be the second party in the colission - who “could not avoid impact” for whatever reason.

If you even get to run over and kill a drunk on a zebra crossing - you can expect to go to jail regardless of what laws he’s breaking…

Ryy86:

ckm1981:

Ryy86:

My point is chicken in case you still haven’t gathered.

It doesn’t matter a [zb] what the so-called speedometer is showing in the video or what you think it can’t and won’t be used against the HGV driver as evidence, your dearly beloved Mr van driver caused the incident so will take the blame, not half or a quarter or an eight of it.

If they have an issue with his driving they will use any data taken off his tacograph as it will more than likely be accurate, which of course upto now you nor I have any access to.

But! 28 mph or 23-25 mph or 20 mph, he didnt and couldn’t stop safely as the tool in the van pulled in front of him, I’d rather drive into him than risk shedding a load or possibly jacking into the traffic on the other side of the road, both of which are high possibilities taking into account the sate of the road surface

Sweetheart,if he was driving within the limit he would of had time to stop,he stopped just after impact doing 30mph…@20mph there wouldn’t have been a collision.
The HGV driver clearly speeded up in a attempt to not let the van driver get in front of him,regardless of whether the van driver was in the wrong or not the HGV driver took aggressive action to attempt to stop him getting out in front of him and partially caused an RTA.

van driver for pulling out in front and lorry driver for speeding. What if a pedestrian had crossed between two vehicles on the right and been knocked down by the lorry? The lorry driver might have been done for driving without due care and attention and speeding. Compensation wise the lorry driver would have been deemed about 80% to blame?

jacknife:

Captain Caveman 76:
Lorry was exceeding the speed limit. His fault, discussion ends.
If he was within the speed limit, he MIGHT have been able to stop in time or at least would have been less "blameable (If thats not a real word, it should be) or even blameless.

Wrong when you give way you make sure there is nothing coming
before you pull out, and you look out for traffic travelling faster than normal
Good job it wasn’t a motorbike :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I’m not absolving the van driver of all blame, but the lorry is exceeding a clearly marked speed limit on what appears to be a wet road.
At best he’s driving without due care, at worst it’s dangerous.
Either driver could have avoided that accident, but IMO the lorry driver’s actions were dangerous

There’s fault in the eyes of law, then there’s fault in the eyes of fact. That’s why these cameras are becoming commonplace. It wasn’t long ago that all rear end shunts were deemed 100% the fault of the rear ender. But the cash for crash culture that lead to the cameras, can now decide fault between the rear ender and rear ended. When the insurance look at this, they will see an already speeding hgv, speed up and strike the van. Best case would be knock for knock, worse case the hgv driver at fault, and we get judged by said helmets

HGV driver will get £4k for whiplash :smiling_imp: :laughing:

Regardless of who’s fault this turned out to be legally speaking, I just can’t get my head around the fact he didn’t even stop accelerating. It’s almost as if the thought process went “Don’t pull out idiot van…Oh you are pulling out…And you shouldn’t be…Well sod you, time you got taught a lesson…” truck driver deliberately lets the crash happen

I’m probably way off, mind, but that’s the impression it leaves.

Lucy:
Regardless of who’s fault this turned out to be legally speaking, I just can’t get my head around the fact he didn’t even stop accelerating. It’s almost as if the thought process went “Don’t pull out idiot van…Oh you are pulling out…And you shouldn’t be…Well sod you, time you got taught a lesson…” truck driver deliberately lets the crash happen

nope, that is exactly what he was thinking. Or he wasn’t thinking at all…

No matter whose at fault more or less, why does that twot in the lorry have to speak with his ■■■■■■■ gangster accent (poorly done) and what’s the histrionics with the screaming all about. Done for the drama on camera I s’pose. :unamused:

Lucy:

The guy was already starting to whine before the impact - wasn’t he?

Lorry driver at fault because he can’t speak properly. I bet he does those finger guns, pow pow gangsta. Today’s modern society. Collision. Within 10 seconds the cameras are out. One rolling still in the lorry. Got to love modern UK. I think by the time I die, I’ll be legally required to have a camera in my coffin. If I have the energy I’ll upload the vids to YouTube

That’s shows the risk your taking when passing slower traffic on any Side if the van hadn’t pulled out I wouldn’t of been surprised if a vehicle from the right had .