Who to tell when changing PMI interval?

Hi,

I know I have to inform someone when I change our service interval but who?

I have a new contract sitting here but cant seem to locate an answer on who I need to inform.

Jamie

DVSA would be the obvious one. And your service provider!!

Service interval or pmi/ safety inspection ? don’t bother with Dvsa it’s the office of the traffic commissioner you need to inform with your reasons for doing so I would think .

Send the new contract off to the traffic commissioner quoting your licence number. Don’t expect them to just accept it if you are extending the interval!

Cheers guys,

Looking at extending from 6 weeks to 8 week as my trucks do mainly long motorway miles, low weight, high volume loads.

Thanks, ill ping a email to the TC and get their approval.

Jamie

You just need to notify the central licensing office provided you are not on their radar for defects or other issues it is just a box-ticking exercise.

There is supposedly a new era of increased flexibility on intervals to whatever works ie trucks kept defect free for them rather than one size fits all.

Thinking on this you would want a super clean ocrs before going down this route.
If it is a cost saving issue may be better to shop around for provider that can reduce your cost and down time.

Could see your plan raising a red flag.

If you download the O/L application guide notes I think they contain a matrix for intervals.

I have had my pmi’s at 8 weeks for some years now. Write a letter to your licensing office explaining why you want to go from x to 8 weeks and give some evidence such as good ocrs/first time pass rate/ no pg9’s and you should be fine. It is possible to keep 8 weekly pmi’s even for vehicles over 12 years if you’ve a good record.

If you run an older vehicle. The inspection is now six weeks as stated by the TC’s.

Dave the Renegade:
If you run an older vehicle. The inspection is now six weeks as stated by the TC’s.

Not the case but, many have incorrectly interpreted it that way from the latest roadworthiness guide.