i remenmber that book
but the orignal truckers bible would
have been the Big Dummies Guide to CB
black and yellow cover
BIg Dummies now cover other stuff such as computing

Saaamon:

Pat Hasler:
Not I :exclamation:
If anyone talks CB lingo to me even now I just ignore them, it gets me in trouble many times, taling to guys on the CB who response “Forty two”
“What ?”
“Forty two”
“What are you talking about?”
“Forty two … it means yes”
“Then why don’t you say yes FFS”
“Can anyone give me a 10-36?” WTF ?
If you can’t talk English dont’ bother :laughing:

FFS? WTF?

OMG…LMFAO

That reminds me, the ice cream van comes round tonight,

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

Silver_Surfer:
It’s never been my scene, you don’t need 'em over here anyway, that and I’m an anti-social bleeder. :laughing:

I find having a CB is a great way to find out what has gone off if you are stuck in traffic on a moterway also if you are traveling in Convoy(not on Rubber Ducks and Pig Pens amount of Trucks) but say 2 or 3 and they have CBS you can have the banter whilst not breaking any law as there is no law saying you cannot use a 2 way radio whilst driving as there is if you use you’re phone :wink:

Havent had a “rig” in for years, but it was great banter,especialy if you were running with 2-3 other lads for a while. I fear that is a bygone age though.

Trukkertone:
That reminds me, the ice cream van comes round tonight,

Order me a double nougat. Eddie.

old bloke who works part time for us gave me a copy of this, had to laugh at some of the lingo back then…
thing is cb’s do come in handy thats why i have one

yorkshire terrier:
old bloke who works part time for us gave me a copy of this, had to laugh at some of the lingo back then…
thing is cb’s do come in handy thats why i have one

I’d quite like a cb. But from what I read on here there a pain in the ■■■ to set up correct.

Must admit to being on the cb a few years back :blush: and was once asked “how big is your twig . . youre pumping it out”. . . needless to say ,that was the end of that conversation.

Ive got this :smiley:

Saaamon:

Pat Hasler:
Not I :exclamation:
If anyone talks CB lingo to me even now I just ignore them, it gets me in trouble many times, taling to guys on the CB who response “Forty two”
“What ?”
“Forty two”
“What are you talking about?”
“Forty two … it means yes”
“Then why don’t you say yes FFS”
“Can anyone give me a 10-36?” WTF ?
If you can’t talk English dont’ bother :laughing:

FFS? WTF?

About now with a good watch :laughing: :laughing:
… an them ■■■■ tubes never did fit properly :unamused: :grimacing: … `ad it … :grimacing:

£2.95? :open_mouth:

Blimey thats taken me back a bit, never seen a CB bible though.

Had a very good AM set, souped up Midland 4001, which IMO was far superior to the later legal FM stuff…which confess i never owned but the odd time i used someone elses found the constant hiss and lack of distance capability disappointing.

Running very early hours of the morning before the ‘skip’ got too much i’ve talked to people 30 miles away on homebases and 10/15 miles apart mobile to mobile (clear as a phone connection) was not unusual…go ‘low’ and colossal distances were possible without going ‘sideband’…coo flip me haven’t used those terms in this context for a lifetime.

It had its good points, it was fun when it was illegal (isn’t everything) and most users were decent enough, but it had its bad points in that it was at least partially responsible for the break ups of relationships in some cases.

What could have been good about keeping them though , is the aerials were so high, some drivers might not have been hitting so many bridges, because the aerial would hit first perhaps giving them a wake up call :wink: