Who Overtakes you the most?

the maoster:

simcor:
I’d love to know where all the drivers are that say they don’t sit on the limiter are? I occasionally find the odd truck plodding along at 50 or less but most are Sat on the limiter passing me in out 52mph trucks.

I don’t sit on the limiter, I set my cruise to 86kph, however if I ever overtake you or indeed anybody traveling slower than me it shall be at 90kph which is what I accelerate to in order to make the overtake quicker and less disruptive to other road users. That could be one reason that you perceive everybody to be sat on the limiter.

Maybe there are the few who do like yourself, all I have ever seen is trucks knocking on the back doors of the truck in front and elephant racing. I very rarely see a truck driver easing off to allow another truck to overtake.

A typical example of this type of driving the other week, two heavy lorries on the M62, cars in inside lane, slow moving lorry in the second lane with another truck overtaking in the third lane, I saw him start the overtake from a fair distance back and they were both struggling up the hill that I was cruising up no problem, then both slowed down even more, the inside truck would not allow the other driver to overtake and he would not slow down and pull back in. I had to sit behind them both up the hill until the one truck finally managed to get past the other. At this point, I was down to 35mph from being able to fly up the hill and maintain my speed.

There are far too many truck drivers who know they are unlikely to be able to complete and overtake yet still try and elephant race slowing the traffic down and possibly causing an obstruction, same with 56mph brigade who overtake me on the flat then come to a hill moments later and I have to overtake them again at 52mph and then they come past again at 56mph and on certain motorways this can happen several times over a fair distance.

We are all guilty of it sometimes by not forward planning enough.

Oh well our flyer has been de hired bugger. Still have some 56mph hire trucks though.

ok this is perhaps slightly off topic (but not much),

the other day I had a Maritime driver (container driver) overtake me on the A142 (Ely to Newmarket)…single carriageway, I was doing a happy 50-52-ish, I just saw him in my mirrors coming out, I could NOT believe it as the stretch of road in front was not that long…

needless to day I took my foot off accelerator and slow down to 40ish to let him past as quickly as possible before he had a crash-on with cars coming from opposite direction, yes he would have been in ‘real trouble’ but people would have died…I’d rather let the d***head go without hurting anyone but I do wonder how long before he will?

so…are Maritime drivers generally in a hurry or is this the bad one out of the batch? :wink:

Argos

simcor:

dieseldog999:
aint it strange that everyone that can squeeze an extra couple of clicks seems to absolutely love it,whereas everyone else thats limited to 56 and less maintains they dont care and it suits them better cos they dont even sit flat out…definitely an interesting observation.

I’d love to know where all the drivers are that say they don’t sit on the limiter are? I occasionally find the odd truck plodding along at 50 or less but most are Sat on the limiter passing me in out 52mph trucks. Even most the trailers that say vehicle limited to 50mph are usually overtaking me too. And for a fact I love the 58mph truck we currently have in and the 55mph truck and our two Volvos that do 54mph anything greater than 52mph is great. Lol

I’m hourly paid mate. Limited to 52mph and still have to ease off the cruise to let people pass. Unless I’m going uphill of course. If I slow down too much, my gutless MAN will never get going again. (Unless I dump the air out of the trailer and lift the arse end of the unit up!)

burnley-si:

Crossroads:

AndrewG:
No one…not on the hills at least… :grimacing:

Going up, or down?

both :grimacing:

100kph hills or on the flat but still get overtaken on the flat by some BG/RO/HU…Mr Betz has some flyers as well…

CK500FH:
“Funny thing thou, when I’m on the A17 Newark to Kings Lynn, all the Irish and Scottish motors sit at about 45. Maybe they can only drive in straight lines?”

[emoji23] head along the 77 to cairnryan/Stranraer during the night and wait for the boat coming in from Belfast. Should clear up any doubt

Edit: messed up that quote and dont know how to fix it…[emoji848]

The NEW time lapse camera’s from South of Girvan to East of Ayr are switched off you know!!![emoji2] [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

simcor:
Oh well our flyer has been de hired bugger. Still have some 56mph hire trucks though.

Apparently it’s back on hire next week, let the good times roll lol

mick.mh2racing:
I drive for a supermarket so everyone and anyone overtakes me. Seriously, I can’t remember passing anyone in the last week.

sent using smoke signals

Lol last one I had was limited 56 downhill!!

Big Truck:

CK500FH:
“Funny thing thou, when I’m on the A17 Newark to Kings Lynn, all the Irish and Scottish motors sit at about 45. Maybe they can only drive in straight lines?”

[emoji23] head along the 77 to cairnryan/Stranraer during the night and wait for the boat coming in from Belfast. Should clear up any doubt

The NEW time lapse camera’s from South of Girvan to East of Ayr are switched off you know!!![emoji2] [emoji6]

Not that any you boys would be slowing down for them anyway mate lol. Don’t run there anymore, but I don’t miss having mcburney’s n that charging at me flinging his double decker round the corners like a man possessed [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Atmospherics play a part as to how fast you accelerate such as cold moist air ( hurr hurr) improves compression at least in my mind anyway

CK500FH:

Big Truck:

CK500FH:

Not that any you boys would be slowing down for them anyway mate lol. Don’t run there anymore, but I don’t miss having mcburney’s n that charging at me flinging his double decker round the corners like a man possessed [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would usually go up/down the A77 at a steady enough 50mph but if the load is late outta Sainsburys E.Kilbride you gotta
“feed er the Ohmns” to make the 0400P&O!!![emoji6]