Who Overtakes you the most?

dieseldog999:
at 58 he would only be holding up all of the donegal mafia and 30% of the rest… :slight_smile:

[emoji2] [emoji12]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Lol another night of not being overtaken by any trucks but overtaking every truck in sight. Believe it not makes no difference to me. I love this truck.

simcor:
Lol another night of not being overtaken by any trucks but overtaking every truck in sight. Believe it not makes no difference to me. I love this truck.

Driving around the services doesn’t count [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

mdourish:

simcor:

Very good. But I very rarely go into MSA I usually have my breaks at depots or lay bays. Only use a service area when I have no other choice.

Everyone overtakes me, mines limited to 51, so sit everywhere at 50. I’m on salary & restricted to 48 hours average, so don’t rush around, make sure I do a minimum 10 hours a day & get extra days off [emoji106]Managed to overtake an XPO Curtain Sider yesterday on the 34 although the driver did look a bit confused (think he must have missed a turning [emoji57]).

Lancsdriver70:
Interested to find out whether other driver’s experiences are similar to mine.

I do night trunking and the trucks that overtake me most often are;

The overnight parcel delivery guys are always desperate to overtake everyone…Yodel, TNT and Hermes (usually driven by Mark Thompson units).

Also always get passed at speed by all of the McBurney wagons (what are they running on!!!)…and a few of the green gang.

In the mornings, towards the end of my nightshift, predictably it’s the Tippers …both the Class 2’s and the Class 1 Bulk Tippers that leave me in their wake!!

Who overtakes you most often??

:sunglasses: :sunglasses: no body fh 540 volvo top speck tanker .co :smiley: :smiley:

^^^ Volvo Rod :laughing: , anyway what have you been chucking in the skip ■■

Punchy Dan:
^^^ Volvo Rod :laughing: , anyway what have you been chucking in the skip ■■

yep got a volvo now 66 plate thay tell me its a globetrotter xl as for the skip the mrs but she keeps geting out have to get one with bigger sides next time

Nobody last week, truck I was in did 60mph (sat nav speed) at 90k, but had to knock it down to 89k to stop overspeeds. Still achieving 59mph.

aint it strange that everyone that can squeeze an extra couple of clicks seems to absolutely love it,whereas everyone else thats limited to 56 and less maintains they dont care and it suits them better cos they dont even sit flat out…definitely an interesting observation.

Toddy2:

All our Volvos say 56 but the sat nav says 55 don’t know what’s correct but my scania does 56 on the sat nav

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toddy2:

that looks dead on…if you get fedup with dagenam theres jobs aplenty in donegal… :wink:

dieseldog999:
aint it strange that everyone that can squeeze an extra couple of clicks seems to absolutely love it,whereas everyone else thats limited to 56 and less maintains they dont care and it suits them better cos they dont even sit flat out…definitely an interesting observation.

I’d love to know where all the drivers are that say they don’t sit on the limiter are? I occasionally find the odd truck plodding along at 50 or less but most are Sat on the limiter passing me in out 52mph trucks. Even most the trailers that say vehicle limited to 50mph are usually overtaking me too. And for a fact I love the 58mph truck we currently have in and the 55mph truck and our two Volvos that do 54mph anything greater than 52mph is great. Lol

Crossroads:

AndrewG:
No one…not on the hills at least… :grimacing:

Going up, or down?

both :grimacing:

dieseldog999:

Toddy2:

that looks dead on…if you get fedup with dagenam theres jobs aplenty in donegal… :wink:

On my way :laughing:

mdourish:

simcor:

“Funny thing thou, when I’m on the A17 Newark to Kings Lynn, all the Irish and Scottish motors sit at about 45. Maybe they can only drive in straight lines?”

[emoji23] head along the 77 to cairnryan/Stranraer during the night and wait for the boat coming in from Belfast. Should clear up any doubt

Edit: messed up that quote and dont know how to fix it…[emoji848]

Toddy2:

dieseldog999:

Toddy2:

On my way :laughing:

dont worry about who you start with,the jobs the same…blue,green,red yellow…makes no difference,just pick a colour that catches your eye and work for them.itl be easier that way :smiley:

imagesvhvj.jpg

simcor:
I’d love to know where all the drivers are that say they don’t sit on the limiter are? I occasionally find the odd truck plodding along at 50 or less but most are Sat on the limiter passing me in out 52mph trucks.

I don’t sit on the limiter, I set my cruise to 86kph, however if I ever overtake you or indeed anybody traveling slower than me it shall be at 90kph which is what I accelerate to in order to make the overtake quicker and less disruptive to other road users. That could be one reason that you perceive everybody to be sat on the limiter.