Who needs winter tyres when

… you can have snow socks for your car.

uk.cars.yahoo.com/26112010/36/va … ock-0.html

I really hope Brit Pete doesn’t see this, he’ll be distraught, you know how he loves a winter tyre. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

These are the beasts you need :grimacing:

They socks look flimsy, might be alright in the snow but what if you go from snow to tarmac would they tear up?

i bought a set of autosocks for my rwd motor for £70 a couple of months ago, which will be put to good use this week no doubt,i also priced up a set of winter tyres which have doubled in price since i checked 3 days ago, supply and demand £600 i think not. :unamused:

They even make them for trucks. youtube.com/watch?v=WtBzXVbE … re=related

youtube.com/watch?v=oIBk94_W … re=related probably won’t last long on a building site… but still better than nowt. They are apparently rated to 30mph on snow,when you reach tarmac you remove them.

Wonder if they do any for my motorbike :laughing: :laughing:

i just got snowsocks for my car off ebay…just under 48 quid…looks like i may need them sooner rather than later…
according to the instructions they are not to be used on tarmac…they will wear…they are to get you out of stuck city then removed…the good thing about these is thay can be fitted/removed very quickly(mine even come with a pair of gloves in the bag to wear when fitting them. :slight_smile:

Those snowsocks are approved by the Colorado DOT for use on school buses, they get pretty serious about kids on school buses out in the USA, with Colorado being in the Rocky mountains and the amount of snow and ice they get, I would say they must be pretty good at keeping you moving :wink:

They do them for trucks too, a lot less work than putting on snow chains, I’m all for them :wink:

newmercman:
Those snowsocks are approved by the Colorado DOT for use on school buses, they get pretty serious about kids on school buses out in the USA, with Colorado being in the Rocky mountains and the amount of snow and ice they get, I would say they must be pretty good at keeping you moving :wink:

Colorado eh? Must be a great help in assisting the kids to get their automatic weapons safely to school during those long, dark, depressing, winter months. :wink:

Coffeeholic:

newmercman:

Colorado eh? Must be a great help in assisting the kids to get their automatic weapons safely to school during those long, dark, depressing, winter months. :wink:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Trev_H:

Traction Problems sir? :stuck_out_tongue:

bubsy06:
These are the beasts you need :grimacing:

awesome :smiley:

Wheel Nut:

Trev_H:

I see, so I need someone to hang off the back of the bike for added traction, I go out at 4am any volunteers ?
" CARRYFAST! " although he spend the whole journey telling me that overloading the rear to gain traction is not the way to go!

Trev_H:

Wheel Nut:

Trev_H:

I see, so I need someone to hang off the back of the bike for added traction, I go out at 4am any volunteers ?
" CARRYFAST! " although he spend the whole journey telling me that overloading the rear to gain traction is not the way to go!

he`d also tell you that youd need a double driven rear axle

gogzy:

Trev_H:

Wheel Nut:

Trev_H:

he`d also tell you that youd need a double driven rear axle

Could you get a Detroit diesel in a motorbike ? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

if your names carryfast then yes :smiley:

Tried to get some winter tyres on Saturday, couldn’t get any, none available!!! I knew I should of got them 3 weeks ago when i enquired about them, £57 each wheel…thats for a passat size tyre.
Tyre man not hopefull about getting any either!!

What size? 205/60 R 15? How many do you want? Where in LIncs?