Who is responsible for damage to goods?

So i was sitting (4hours) yes (4hours) at the glorious batleys glasgow! Wey hey im next in line. But there is a russells in front of me getting tipped it was pallets of red bull.

Last pallet don’t know what happened exactly but i heard a massive crash and seen the driver jump out the way. The actual pallet had snapped and the whole lot crashed down. Driver was a lucky guy missed him by inches.

So my question! Is the customer responsible for the damaged goods or is the delivery company responsible for this? It has left the vehicle but it hasn’t been signed for :confused:

I’d have thought the supplier as the pallet broke (if they can prove it).
I have no problems at batleys Glasgow! straight in and tipped everytime! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

who was moving the pallet?

mucker85:

Fork lift driver had taken it off the side - clear of the truck - in the air and it just snapped, was weird wish i took a picture of the pallet the top of it just popped away from the bottom it was a standard chep pallet.

Beetie:
I’d have thought the supplier as the pallet broke (if they can prove it).
I have no problems at batleys Glasgow! straight in and tipped everytime! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Cambuslang? Its absolutely brutal they dont even load their own motor down the bottom anymore its up where goods in is so they dont start tipping till 8am.

I came from brakes uddy got to batleys at 08.05 and there was 6 in front of me none of them had been touched. Left just past 12 still had a wishaw on and another 2 runs waiting for me back at the depot :unamused:

Back in there tomorrow with an emergency load not me thankfully so other poor ■■■■■■■ from my depot looks like the rush has stared on 20th of december, asking for an emergency load basically means they have sold out and they carry about 2-3 weeks worth of stock with our stuff so to sell out in a few days is incredible :open_mouth:

who gives a dam ? 4 hours watching tele and being paid , let them break stuff if they want too , the more the better … :grimacing:

merc0447:

mucker85:

Fork lift driver had taken it off the side - clear of the truck - in the air and it just snapped, was weird wish i took a picture of the pallet the top of it just popped away from the bottom it was a standard chep pallet.

Then it’s their problem. The goods were fine whilst on the truck. The forklift driver gets the blame this time…

cieranc:

merc0447:

mucker85:

Then it’s their problem. The goods were fine whilst on the truck. The forklift driver gets the blame this time…

meanwhile in the real world, the driver restacks it or gets a claused POD/CMR

Is this a trick question?

Is it one of those qu’s that are becoming more & more common on internet forums, where some poster engages in a bit of trolling, tries to ‘■■■■’ some pseudo expert into making a fool of themselve’s?

Who cares who’s responsible?

We’re paid to do anything that is reasonably requested of us as employee’s, which usually means driving a lorry. Nothing more, nothing less.

If it was my load that the forkie dropped I’d have exclaimed “whoops, you didn’t mean to do that did you” & promptly gone off to phone my TM for further advice.

We’re not paid to be infinately familiar with the T’s&C’s of the contract, we’re paid to move it from A to B, leave all the bovine manure to the whistle & flutes & you’ll find that the headaches aren’t quite as fierce.

Yes its a trick question dave you’re too clever for me.

Got this sheet for damage the options are damaged in transit, trans-shipment damage, wet damage no got a option for customer damage! Regular get forklift drivers crushing pallets of the roof bar, bursting boxes etc But i always take them back and stick it in as trans damage blame our warehouse guys. Dont get me wrong our guys are just as bad sometimes i think the forklifts have fights with the pallets during the night some of the loads can be like dugs dinners.