Who in there right mind

Just posted on indeed lowest I’ve seen for self employed £8 for non hazardous and £9 for hazardous what a joke out Monday to Friday lol

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Whoever did that advert needs to switch on his spell checker … and £8 or even £9 is perfectly acceptable to some EE’s (I think )

Required language - English…yet they can’t even spell the word “standard” correctly in the advert!

fatboystu1:
Required language - English…yet they can’t even spell the word “standard” correctly in the advert!

Or licence! :smiley:

Or Liecence !!!

Grammar aint his strong point either.
Is he saying Hello, or asking for a Hi Class 1 driver. :smiley:

Digging out my ’ Hazz liecence’ or licence, as we speak, have not driven a Hazz now for years.

We pay £10 per hr for sprinter pick up driver .

The only Brits going for a job like that are going to be “Halfway House” material. :neutral_face:

What quality of driver are you going to get for that, dunno about keeping the vehicle clean they’ll be lucky if it makes the first full week and returns under its own steam.

Crack on R&B, you’re a length in front in the race to the bottom… :unamused:

raymundo:
Whoever did that advert needs to switch on his spell checker … and £8 or even £9 is perfectly acceptable to some EE’s (I think )

Winseer:
The only Brits going for a job like that are going to be “Halfway House” material. :neutral_face:

yup,

and

yup.

It’s not really that much of a surprise to me any more. To those of you for whom it is a surprise, I’d say you’d better get used to it… This is the way the entire industry is slowly going. Any of you who have the good fortune to be in a decent number just now - you’d better hang on to it for dear life.

It’s not too wild a conjecture to make here that this ad (like tons of others I see daily on these sites now) was either written by someone for whom English is not a first language, or, for whom it is and does not have an adequate level of competence for the job they’re doing.

The most likely scenario is written by EE, and (although obviously not explicitly stated), directed at EE.

I think we should flood them with applications.

It’s all political. All about “What it looks like” rather than what actually is the reality.

There are plenty of better paid jobs out there. You need to ask to find out about them though. Adverts nearly always seek mug punters.
The plum deals in anything - don’t actually need to be advertised in the first place. :bulb:

“There is a shortage of good drivers”
“There is no shortage of drivers”

They don’t contradict each other, because companies will be obviously seeking the better drivers - when they are playing it straight, and pay for their own stuff.
Companies running insurance fiddles, investment scams, and attempting to break into the market “by running bent” - won’t have such concerns.

Then there’s the firms in between - who read what they see rather than do some actual research.
No firm having done that research would think for a minute that the “Going Rate” for ANY kind of semi-skilled work requiring a qualification that fewer and fewer guys let alone both genders want to get these days - is less than a tenner per hour.

Aimed at EE indeed. To them, £8ph is good. They don’t know any better. Some firms might be lucky and get a real clean licenced, highly experienced EE who goes on to be a model employee.
Nice staff if you can get them - but such a firm is going to be nearly ENTIRELY EE to start with… Including the managers advertising future vacancies there. :unamused: :neutral_face: