Who goes where w/c Mon 31/10/05

So where is everyone going this week :question:

pam

First drop is St Quentin Fallavier, near Lyon first thing Wednesday morning. It is usually a Tuesday delivery but as France, and a lot of other places in Europe are on holiday Tuesday for All Saints Day it is a day later this week. With no driving Tuesday I’ll still have to leave Sunday to be on the doorstep on Wednesday morning, but I won’t do any more than get to Calais Sunday night and at least I’ll have the day off on Tuesday.

Next two deliveries are in Bondorf, near Stuttgart, then reload from Herrenberg.

nights this week :unamused:

starting at 18.30 going to brackmills (taking good book with me) and then coop coventry.

all in 10 hours yer right :wink:

jon

im in at tetleys in leeds on sunday starting at 14.00
so looks like i could be back on nights.

On monday I will be doing 2 drops for an owner
driver and my start time is 05:30. I know one
drop is in hull and I think the other one is coleshill.
As for the rest of the week I dont know yet but the
agency are trying to get me my first class 1 run

Loading at Goole around 1300 on Monday then who knows? but at least its a steady day and a free breakfast :stuck_out_tongue:

Monday morning…4 packs of chipboard flooring (1500kg each) for south walsham then back to the yard.

5am start out of Atherstone for Bromley … … …

Am still on Holiday, until Wednesday, although I am back in UK now and the phone is switched on again, so anything could happen.

Working for DHL on Monday night running down to the Hatfield hub then Tue to Thur working for the Pork Pioneers out of Spalding and going somewhere down south.

Not sure about Frday but I’m sure something will turn up

2x Doncaster area, Wakefield, Pontefract, Castleford, Selby, Goole and repeat probably all week. Things will be changing soon tho (hopefully) as I’m bored of this job now :frowning:

Coffeeholic:
It is usually a Tuesday delivery but as France, and a lot of other places in Europe are on holiday Tuesday for All Saints Day it is a day later this week.

Is it my imagination or do us lot in britain get the short end of the stick when it comes to public holidays :question: It seems like they’ve frequently got a public holiday for one reason or another over the water. Getting a bit like the US with all these extra days off…

They are not finished yet, the 11th is a holiday in some places as well. And the 16th in some parts of Germany.

Yeti:
Is it my imagination or do us lot in britain get the short end of the stick when it comes to public holidays :question: It seems like they’ve frequently got a public holiday for one reason or another over the water. Getting a bit like the US with all these extra days off…

I haven’t counted, you could be right, but please remember that in France BHs are taken on the actual date not on the Monday nearest. This means that any driver on Monday who can’t get back to base has to park up in his truck without the benefit of facilities (all the routiers shut) away from home for 24 hours. Some holiday :cry: .

Also, if the holiday falls on a Sunday, tough cheese, that’s one you’ve missed :frowning:
Christmas Day and New Years Day both fall on a Sunday this year, so, no holiday there then, for most haulage drivers anyway.

Swings and roundabouts :open_mouth:

Salut, David.

Nowhere. Again. Grrrrrrrrr. :angry: :angry: :angry:

You’d think in this day and age that you could have surgery and be back behind the wheel two hours later…I blame the Government…the NHS isn’t what it should be… :imp: :imp: :wink:

BTW…if anyone sees my truck, could they grab my laptop out of it? And my weekday knickers and socks? Could do with that book I’m in the middle of and my painkillers too, whilst you’re in there. The joys of Emergency Surgery , eh?Cheers! :unamused: :confused: :wink:

running sand all week from the quarry at froghall i love that dirty great hill on a monday morning :laughing:

I’ve got a Bilborough, then back to Meriden for a Epworth, followed by a slag from Scunny to Meriden.

Get to work for 16:00 near Scunthorpe, wait around until I’m loaded, straight down to Corby Chilled in Newark, back empty. No more than four hours duty time but still get paid for eight, the easiest job I’ve had so far, and I seem to do it a lot now. Definetly not complaining either, as its all money for my Class 1 which is fast approaching over the horrizon, something I’m not sure wether to look forward to or dread!

Dewsbury for 9am then back to Goole for reload to who knows where. I would look out for you Wheelnut if I knew what truck to look for :confused: :slight_smile:

Spardo:
I haven’t counted, you could be right, but please remember that in France BHs are taken on the actual date not on the Monday nearest. This means that any driver on Monday who can’t get back to base has to park up in his truck without the benefit of facilities (all the routiers shut) away from home for 24 hours. Some holiday :cry: .

Also, if the holiday falls on a Sunday, tough cheese, that’s one you’ve missed :frowning:
Christmas Day and New Years Day both fall on a Sunday this year, so, no holiday there then, for most haulage drivers anyway.

Swings and roundabouts :open_mouth:

Salut, David.

Becuse a few of the holidays have fallen on weekends this year, Xmas, New Year, May Day, for onstance, the French will only get seven Bank Holidays while we will have ten. Germany will get eight, although there are another seven when only certain parts are on holiday.

penfold:
Dewsbury for 9am then back to Goole for reload to who knows where. I would look out for you Wheelnut if I knew what truck to look for :confused: :slight_smile:

I will be in Brittania. I looked in Fred Wrights yard last week for your truck, there were 3 innenladers parked up.

Im washing out at Knottingley first and should be in Goole for about 12.30