Who goes where W/C Mon 06/06/05

I’m doing food to pubs and hotels around Newcastle and Sunderland, Does any of you norferners know what the Brittania is in sunderland is it a hotel?

So if any of you see an '02 reg FM9 - Purple with Travel Inn on the side give us a flash!

Marcustandy…will you pick up any “Yellow handbags” in Herford??

Wobble:
Marcustandy…will you pick up any “Yellow handbags” in Herford??

Nooo!!! Stinking - like most of the German beers over here :cry: I miss having a pint of real ale and it was probably at the back of my mind when I went for a new job back in UK. :wink:

If ever I drink lager, it’s usually Stella that i’ve bought out of EastEnders on my way back from a UK run, not to mention a few bottles of Dogs B’cks Red!!

load waste paper from sheffield at 12ish on monday for gent. reload belgium/france for uk. reload waste paper for gent… reload france/belgium for uk. :smiley:

Berlin again. Went down empty week before last and my load had gone so came back empty!!

Hopefuly my load will be there this time :confused: :confused:

Timber!!!

Started last wednesday and I’m on my own from Monday, 14 tonne flat…nowhere special just round Norfolk.

I’ve learnt to tie a dolly knot an’ all, took me about 10 mins to get the hang of it, the guy said he’d never seen anybody get it that fast.

I’m on holiday relief next week, Run up to kirkstall with glass, tip and head towards wales. After an overnight stop, run to wales to load coal back to Cornwall.

First time oun in an artic

Will be running in convoy with our 8 legger cos he knows where we are going.

so if you see an R reg Erf ec11 tipper with Sid Knowles Ltd running in convoy with an 8 legger Erf tipper…
take the nearest exit!!!

only kidding, give us a flash and a wave
:smiley: :smiley:

Smudger…how can that pay…running to Berlin and back empty…talk about a cushy number though…sounds like a job my dad had in 1944…ha ha

ok folks be ready to be bored.yes you have guessed it,brewery trip monday empty barrels in loaded out.rest of week delivering same to the delightfull establishments of lincs,south yorks,notts(chrriisst no,delivery to neandtheral worksop)aaarrggghh.But the countdown to start of holiday begins.

Just for a change - not - 0700 Leeds follwed by a reload out of Flix for the midlands.

Tuesday -Hopefully I cab get into Renault to have my new exhaust fitted.

Coffeeholic:
Leave tomorrow with deliveries in Nijmegen, Duisburg, Monchengladbach, Thurnau and Bondorf. 99% certain the reload will be from Herrenberg for Dunstable.

Give my regards to the good folk of Duisburg, please Coffee - I spent 3 of the best years of my life there, when it was a thriving port and steel town.
Monday (first day back after a week holiday) Im off to Tamworth and will hopefully be finished by 12. Tuesday around Brum and Shropshire Wednesday Im off to Tesco at Weybridge
Thursday run not posted yet, but it should be a short trip across Ilkeston as the Weybridge is a late booking. Failing that - it will be a day off with pay :laughing:
Regards
Trev

Trevor Parry:
Give my regards to the good folk of Duisburg, please Coffee - I spent 3 of the best years of my life there, when it was a thriving port and steel town.

When was that?

Ever since I’ve known it (all my 24 years) I’ve thought it was the ‘rear end’ of the world.

THE STEEL WORKS HAS SHRUNK A LITTLE BIT BUT IS IS STILL GOING STRONG;

Andyroo:

Trevor Parry:

When was that?

Ever since I’ve known it (all my 24 years) I’ve thought it was the ‘rear end’ of the world.

Andy, I was there from January 1970 until November 1972 and it was a brilliant town. The locals welcomed us with open arms because they knew wed spend a lot of money in their bars :laughing: :laughing: . It dispelled all rumours that Germans are not nice people - you wont find many more friendly people than those in the Ruhr
Regards
Trev

Trevor Parry:

Andyroo:

Trevor Parry:

When was that?

Andy, I was there from January 1970 until November 1972 and it was a brilliant town. The locals welcomed us with open arms because they knew wed spend a lot of money in their bars :laughing: :laughing: . It dispelled all rumours that Germans are not nice people - you wont find many more friendly people than those in the Ruhr
Regards
Trev

Ahh…My dad comes from that part of the world.

I used to have a couple of old maiden great-great-aunts (my Grandfather’s Aunts) that lived in Duisburg, in the ‘Wannhiem’ district, both dead now. We used to go over to see them when we went to Germany to see my Grandparents (my Grandmother is still going strong at nearly 86) in Heiligenhaus (near Düsseldorf).

Andyroo:
Timber!!!

Started last wednesday and I’m on my own from Monday, 14 tonne flat…nowhere special just round Norfolk.

I’ve learnt to tie a dolly knot an’ all, took me about 10 mins to get the hang of it, the guy said he’d never seen anybody get it that fast.

Are you working for a timber merchant or building supplies. I used to work for a small builders supply firm, and really enjoyed it, especialy once you get to know the builders well, great luagh :laughing:
good luck with it, enjoy :wink:

Oh Consett as normal back load to lowestoft for tuesday morning :slight_smile:

Your dad would probably know the Flak-kaserne then, Andy, which was our barracks. It was just at the front of the steelworks
Regards
Trev
PS. Aploogies to all concerned for taking the thread slightly off-topic

eddie snax:

Andyroo:
Timber!!!

Are you working for a timber merchant or building supplies. I used to work for a small builders supply firm, and really enjoyed it, especialy once you get to know the builders well, great luagh :laughing:
good luck with it, enjoy :wink:

Thanks. I think I’ve found the ideal job here.

I’m working for Cushion Timber in Norwich, dunno if you know it.

It is great, I’ve always been in a similar kinda business (plumber merchants), I always managed to have a good laugh cos I used to work on the sales counter and deliver the stuff as well so I got to know the customers pretty well.

c+e training all week

Semtex:
I’m on holiday relief next week, Run up to kirkstall with glass, tip and head towards wales. After an overnight stop, run to wales to load coal back to Cornwall.

First time oun in an artic

Will be running in convoy with our 8 legger cos he knows where we are going.

so if you see an R reg Erf ec11 tipper with Sid Knowles Ltd running in convoy with an 8 legger Erf tipper…
take the nearest exit!!!

only kidding, give us a flash and a wave
:smiley: :smiley:

Good luck Semtex with your first artic run and I hope
to hear how things went for you when you get back :smiley: .