Who forgot there trailer

expressandstar.com/news/2016 … d-by-road/

Really? Three months after it was alleged to have been abandoned, they ask for witnesses? What the ■■■■ have they been doing the last three months?

Interesting they drove it with just ‘weather protection’ for load security. I bet it was massively overweight as well - you gross out with a lot less 500kg mill size card bales than that and I bet general waste would be a lot heavier.

Shows the cost of disposing of some of this stuff as the trailer doesn’t look like that much of a wreck and surely would still be £1k cut down to a flat for export.

Problem of the government and their EU master’s own making though no good reason not to cheaply bury this stuff in a hole in the ground.

Own Account Driver:
Shows the cost of disposing of some of this stuff as the trailer doesn’t look like that much of a wreck and surely would still be £1k cut down to a flat for export.

Problem of the government and their EU master’s own making though no good reason not to cheaply bury this stuff in a hole in the ground.

Got it in One’

Nick a trailer, fill it to the roof with bales-60/70 tons, avoid landfill tax @ £82.60 per ton & the tipping costs-say £30 per ton = a saving of around £8k

Could be done in less than 4 hours, nick the trailer, load it up, dump it in a lay by.

“Dragons Den (Mafia Division) here I come” [emoji6]

If you don’t care about morals there’'s very good money to be made in this kind of thing. Old trailers can be picked up for peanuts from CVA and there is no shortage of places that will give you what you want in cash to leave them a trailer for a few days then come collect it and dump it somewhere. Asbestos waste is particularly lucrative :open_mouth: . Used to be old truck tyres too but they started putting serial numbers on them some years ago and they can be traced back now. Don’t ask me how I know this. :astonished:

martinviking:
“Dragons Den (Mafia Division) here I come” [emoji6]

LMFAO… :laughing:

the nodding donkey:
Really? Three months after it was alleged to have been abandoned, they ask for witnesses? What the [zb] have they been doing the last three months?

Handballing it off?

Maybe the planner asked him to drop it to go do another job and forgot about it…
Had this happen all the time with a firm I was at…

Surely a waste company wouldn’t be stupid enough to carry this out. If they got tracked down there would be serious consequences and if it was a dodgy operator with a stolen trailer then someone is missing a load.

haha I wondered where that trailer had gone. I drive that stretch everyday to work and thought it looked suspect with it looking so tatty.

nice little earner for whoever dumped that.

ajt:
Surely a waste company wouldn’t be stupid enough to carry this out.

Depends if they were a legitimate waste company, or one that appears legit unless you check the paperwork carefully especially their licence details. All you have to do is copy someone else’s licence number, create a company with a similar name and as long as you’re dealing with small companies they probably will never know. Oh and then disappear a a few months later of course with the profits. Those who get caught are too greedy.

Even the legit companies might not always play by the rules. If for example you put 80% of the waste through the correct channels with the paperwork, it’s highly unlikely anyone will audit the 20% being sent through “a mate” who isn’t quite so legitimate.

As for hazardous waste that’s not exactly hard if you mix it with other stuff and only include the other stuff on the paperwork. Asbestos as mentioned is a classic whereby you can mix it in with demolition materials and save absolute fortunes if it never appears on the paperwork. Low risk cement is the easiest to get rid of, but I’ve seen people try it out with much more dangerous versions and they are only known about because they got caught and said waste had to be dealt with properly.

Why abandon it , I thought this baled waste was worth something, see enough of it being loaded in containers

chaversdad:
Why abandon it , I thought this baled waste was worth something, see enough of it being loaded in containers

I have often wondered Where are we sending all our cardboard bales?
And how come we are not able to process it in the UK?

Years ago Ioaded a ship full of shredded up and baled British Vat information letters, and that was from Zaandam near Amsterdam and we took them to Barking Creek.

danalex84:

chaversdad:

Gets sent to nordic country’s to be burnt to create electricity…

Absolutely nuts…

philgor:

danalex84:

chaversdad:

Gets sent to nordic country’s to be burnt to create electricity…

Absolutely nuts…

If you think that’s nut I used to do household refuse shredded and made into pellets in Denmark and we took them to Gibraltar to power their desalination plants when the Spaniards cut the water supplies to the rock the time they were demanding sovereignty.

chaversdad:

You don’t get paid to give them waste, they just charge less then landfill.

all this waste paper, Tin cans, cardboard and waste fruit boxes even the paper of juice bottles put in bales must be worth something somewhere.
I use to run trailers for LKW Walters and nearly everyday the back load was some sort of waste going to Germany.
When you think how many trailers there running and most of the loads going out the country is waste.
Always stinking aswell use do my nut right in.
The time u take the fuel wages and shipping costs it still must be worth a lot somewhere.

As previously mentioned, some of the waste is going to Scandinavia to be burned for power generation - they’ve managed to get to the point where they recycle so much of their domestic waste that they’ve not got enough left to burn, so they import more from countries like the UK that don’t bother recycling.

Also, I suspect that a lot of the cardboard goes to China - after all, if you’re recycling cardboard back into cardboard boxes, then you actually need a customer to buy those cardboard boxes, and there will be more customers in China than in the UK. The container would be going back to China empty anyway, so might as well fill it with something…