Who else starts C+E training Tomorrow 30th

ROG:

blue estate:
1 lesson was 100% reversing and 1 was 70% reversing

ROG:
That is one heck of a lot of time on reversing

I am wondering HOW they taught it :exclamation: :question:

blue estate:
Just remembered I forgot to say on the 2 days reversing I did also do coupling as well 3 or 4 times
But as both you a pete have said it’s a lot of time on reversing :unamused:

It is a long time

When I had 2 trainees it took about 2 hours in total to get them to CE test standard and then we may have done a bit more when we were near the reversing area for about 30 mins total on a couple of times so 3 hours in total = 1.5 hours each trainee

Coupling - easily done at start or end at yard if needed after doing it a couple of times each trainee on reversing area

All I say is I’m not paying for it unless I leave before X time , so not my money :wink:

This is why I personally think 1 to 1 tuition is best apposed to 2 to 1. People learn at different rates so having just a few hours of actual driving is just not enough for some. I think having many hours of driving under your belt would only increase your confidence on the test as well. I had less than eight hours before my test and I’ll hold my hands up and say I didn’t feel confident enough to believe I’m ready to drive this thing on my own yet and I don’t think that’s the mindframe you want to be in when on a test.

ItsJoe:
This is why I personally think 1 to 1 tuition is best apposed to 2 to 1. People learn at different rates so having just a few hours of actual driving is just not enough for some. I think having many hours of driving under your belt would only increase your confidence on the test as well. I had less than eight hours before my test and I’ll hold my hands up and say I didn’t feel confident enough to believe I’m ready to drive this thing on my own yet and I don’t think that’s the mindframe you want to be in when on a test.

I was 1 to1 but as you said you had similar amount of on road time to me and yes I feel same as you
P/s 2pm test on a Friday afternoon ain’t best time either

As a general rule, I’ll have the reversing pretty well sorted within an hour. (Makes no difference if artic or w+d). It will then be practiced every day - normally doing one or two. Uncoupling/recouple will be taught on day 1 and takes 20 minutes. Once again, practiced daily.

So I would expect to spend no more than 1.5hrs on day one on the area and probably half an hour for each subsequent day. There are exceptions of course, but this is my expectation. That leaves around 13 hours on the road training which is plenty for the average candidate.

It’s extremely useful having the reversing area/test centre on site. This means we can dip in and out as we wish without having to travel to another place for reversing.

And I will point out that an amazing number of “instructors” have no idea how to teach reversing. And, if someone is a little out of the ordinary, they are totally stumped.

Just my 2 penneth and I hope it comes right on the next attempt.

I will add that I’m not saying that I have 100% pass rate just in case anyone says I’m making out to be perfect!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Got date for training and retest 24/27/28th of this month

Peter Smythe:
As a general rule, I’ll have the reversing pretty well sorted within an hour. (Makes no difference if artic or w+d). It will then be practiced every day - normally doing one or two. Uncoupling/recouple will be taught on day 1 and takes 20 minutes. Once again, practiced daily.

This was the case on my course Pete.

Our instructor at Ritchies broke the reverse into chunks. the initial manoeuvre to line the trailer up with the B cone, the reverse round the B cone and the straight reverse to the barrier. We had both nailed it within an hour and done them all week to reinforce.

It felt structured and well planned.
Each day consisted of the following:

2hrs reversing
4 hrs driving (2 test routes each per day).
1 hr uncouple / couple.

blue estate:
Got date for training and retest 24/27/28th of this month

Blimey that’s a lot more training, after I screwed my first tests up (class 2 and 1 :blush: ) I booked an extra day then test the following morning, I was led to believe from speaking to my trainer that the norm is just to book another test, I’m sure I read that you are not paying so if that’s still the case grab what training you can get, you will nail it 2nd time I’m sure.

I’ve been waiting almost a week for my training provider to get back to me with a retest date… I feel fortunate enough that I saved money before I left my job to see me through this period…

ItsJoe:
I’ve been waiting almost a week for my training provider to get back to me with a retest date… I feel fortunate enough that I saved money before I left my job to see me through this period…

I’m Lucky as my work are paying so still working on rigids at the moment

blue estate:

ItsJoe:

Got my retest booked for next week!

ItsJoe:

blue estate:

ItsJoe:

Got my retest booked for next week!

Great news

Obviously we get involved in retests. Rarely do we recommend further training. Analysis of the DL25 test report will generally show a silly mistake. How much more training does someone have to have so they don’t repeat the same mistake? Zero in my book. Extra training demonstrates that the initial training wasn’t up to the mark and is regarded in the industry as a steady earner. I don’t subscribe to that. However, there are rare occasions when extra training prior to a retest can be of use and then we discount the rate by 50% and actually loose money in the process.

It’s beyond me why a retest date cant be offered immediately; tests are pre-booked so where’s the issue?

After I failed my test Pete although I was disappointed, I gained a lot of confidence from the test report and what the examiner said in his debrief. I’m more confident now than I was going in for my first test.

That’s good. But one of my points was that I cant understand why trainers aren’t giving a retest date instantly.

Peter Smythe:
That’s good. But one of my points was that I cant understand why trainers aren’t giving a retest date instantly.

Mine was due to other factors like staffing at work etc
Not my money so I couldn’t make the decision [emoji6]

Happy to say I passed my C+E today :smiley:

Well done mate. Bathe in the glory of being a Class 1 Jedi master.

Women now find you far more attractive, and your ■■■■■ will have enlarged significantly.

Well done!

ItsJoe:
Happy to say I passed my C+E today :smiley:

Finally passed today 27/11 6 minors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk