Who else starts C+E training Tomorrow 30th

blue estate:
And I’m the token Fail :cry: :blush: 3 serious 7 minor
Reverse went pete tong backed against l/h kerb in reversing area then took a shunt , I thought I failed but was told later by examiner its only a minor :imp: if I had gone on to kerb that would been fail
1st serious went to stop for the controlled pull away and a car came out of drive just in front and I lurched forward a little :blush:
2nd Any one who knows Hedge end I straight lined the 3 roundabouts out side Sainsbury’s :open_mouth: causing a car beside me to hold back
3rd tried turning in to a tight side road with queue of car waiting to come out and clipping kerb
Bearing in mind I had thought I’d already failed and hadn’t I could have passed :frowning: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: with my self :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:
let you lot know when rebook is

You’re not the only one who didn’t get that blue certificate today pal. I struggled with corners all week only to mess up the reverse that I’ve been doing fine all week with.

ItsJoe:

blue estate:
Reverse went pete tong backed against l/h kerb in reversing area then took a shunt , I thought I failed but was told later by examiner its only a minor :imp: if I had gone on to kerb that would been fail
1st serious went to stop for the controlled pull away and a car came out of drive just in front and I lurched forward a little :blush:
2nd Any one who knows Hedge end I straight lined the 3 roundabouts out side Sainsbury’s :open_mouth: causing a car beside me to hold back
3rd tried turning in to a tight side road with queue of car waiting to come out and clipping kerb
Bearing in mind I had thought I’d already failed and hadn’t I could have passed :frowning: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: with my self :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

You’re not the only one who didn’t get that blue certificate today pal. I struggled with corners all week only to mess up the reverse that I’ve been doing fine all week with.

What tie was your test ?

Unfortunate fellas, good luck on the retests.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Well done to those who passed and commiserations to those who weren’t so fortunate.

Chalk it down to experience, keep your chins up and better luck next time lads.
You know your mistakes, you will certainly learn from them and hopefully all will go well on the second attempt.

It doesn’t matter how good or bad you are, you still need a degree of luck, ANYTHING can happen on the day.

blue estate:

ItsJoe:

blue estate:

What tie was your test ?

10am, I hit the B cone on the reverse but still decided to continue despite the examiner saying it’s still a serious fault. I ended up with 8 minors in total.

It’s a horrible feeling but I know where I’ve gone wrong and on the next test I should have no problems!

blue estate:

Bad luck. Good luck with the retest. Took me 3 attempts if helps make you feel better

ItsJoe:

blue estate:

Good luck to you also. I did the same where reverse was fine and screwed it on the test

kcrussell25:

ItsJoe:

blue estate:

Good luck to you also. I did the same where reverse was fine and screwed it on the test

Thanks pal! When I hit that cone on the reverse I just laughed. Worrying all week about anything but the reverse and I balls it up on test :laughing:

kcrussell25:

ItsJoe:

blue estate:

Kcrussell25 did you take your test on big ones or wagon and drag?

crazyplay:

kcrussell25:

ItsJoe:

blue estate:

Kcrussell25 did you take your test on big ones or wagon and drag?

Wagon and drag. Though I went back for a afternoon in arctic.

I was totalling up the time I had on road training and it was only about 7-8 hours tops

blue estate:
I was totalling up the time I had on road training and it was only about 7-8 hours tops

It’s all about luck on the day mate. On my first C fail I only had one serious which was a kerb with my n/s rear wheel. The examiner was genuinely disappointed for me because it was a cracking test apart from that mistake (only 7 minors from memory).

Second test involved a notorious female examiner who flinched at anything. I decided to give her both barrels when she determined that I had not seen another truck turning when I certainly had. As luck has it, I got her again for my next test so I had failed that before I had got in the cab :laughing:

Switched test centres and passed C and CE on my first attempts :sunglasses: As my old man used to say, " More than one way to skin a cat Son " :wink:

Why?

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I failed my C+E in the artic but passed in a Wagon and Drag. Its easier in one of those.

Peter Smythe:

Why?

In what way Why ?
1 lesson was 100% reversing and 1 was 70% reversing
so only had 2 3.5 hour lessons on road and 11/2 before test

Just wondered. Thought it might have been cos of the amount of time on the reverse.

Peter Smythe:
Just wondered. Thought it might have been cos of the amount of time on the reverse.

Yep day and a half just reverse , so precious time lost there then Pete ?
Just to add my reverse is ok I think on the day I didn’t get close enough to the B and L/H A cone

blue estate:

That is one heck of a lot of time on reversing

I am wondering HOW they taught it :exclamation: :question:

ROG:

blue estate:

Just remembered I forgot to say on the 2 days reversing I did also do coupling as well 3 or 4 times
But as both you a pete have said it’s a lot of time on reversing :unamused:

blue estate:

ROG:

blue estate:
Just remembered I forgot to say on the 2 days reversing I did also do coupling as well 3 or 4 times
But as both you a pete have said it’s a lot of time on reversing :unamused:

It is a long time

When I had 2 trainees it took about 2 hours in total to get them to CE test standard and then we may have done a bit more when we were near the reversing area for about 30 mins total on a couple of times so 3 hours in total = 1.5 hours each trainee

Coupling - easily done at start or end at yard if needed after doing it a couple of times each trainee on reversing area