who does this

I wash my knob at the start of the day so I’m good the full day through :wink:

I always have a pack of baby wipes in my bag (ASDA fragrance free) … really useful to clean the steering wheel / gear lever / door handles, as i share the trucks with Latvian drivers (but some English drivers are as bad !), who think nothing of dieseling up / changing trls, with NO gloves on … a quick wipe of the hands on the arse of their jeans, then off down the road !

Our company provide us with large tubs of disinfectant wipes for each truck, I use them on steering wheel, controls, door handles etc.

I USE aloe vera moist botty wipes form my botty and my cab :wink:

those “flash” wipes IMO are better for getting the grime out then baby wipes :wink:

regarding the washing of the hands after a ■■■■, i never do as the way i see it there is less germs on my ■■■■ than there is on the tap that i will have to touch to turn it on. And i always pull my sleeve over my hands when pushing the door open :laughing:

Yep im a baby wipe or disinfectant wipe man too!! :smiley: :wink:

wet wipes for me to,quick wipe of the wheel,gear knob ,handbrake before starting off,all of our trucks (40+)are used by company lads and agency lads with no particular preference .some clean lads,some pigs,so quick wipe just cleans any crap off.
Wet wipes are brillliant at removing any fifth wheel grease off the seat or interior etc.sainsburys own brand seems to work the best for me.God knows what they do to the babies arse :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

They’re a necessity as I’m in a different truck every day.

TBH, the most harmful things you are likely pick up from your wheel/controls are the cold or 'flu viruses. You might also pick up some MRSA microbes (!) which a hell of a lot of people are carrying anyway.

If using a public toilet and all there is is an old brown-ish bar of soap with a crack in it and no hot water with ■■■■ all over the floor then I wouldn’t bother to wash my hands. Those alcohol gels you can buy are very good. If you’ve just had a ■■■ tho they won’t clean your hands, likewise if your hands are physically dirty.

It’s personal preference I suppose. You just feel a bit more human if you can clean your hands before you eat tho don’t you?

Do you want onions with that luv? :laughing: :laughing:

not so long a go, i needed a number 2 goes to the loo, job done, bloody hell no loo roll, oh no prob theres some baby wipes on top of the systern, ten minutes later me eyes are watering and i’m trying desperatly to wash my backend in the sink, baby wipes no, bleach impregnated toilet wipes yes! not for the feint hearted i can tell you! :open_mouth:

paul b:
not so long a go, i needed a number 2 … bleach impregnated toilet wipes yes! not for the feint hearted i can tell you! :open_mouth:

That be the ring of confidence then ? :laughing:

i’m a wet wipe user if you could see the state our cabs are left in by some you’d be forgiven for asking for a biological germ suit and we deliver foodstuffs ugggh. on the bit about layby food stalls i ask the question where do they go for the toilet or do they have bladders like cows for the time they are there they’re not for me.

baby wipes… im guilty!!! :blush:

I’ve got wet wipes in my bag and a bottle of anti-bacterial gel. If the steering wheel is really bad, I’ll use a steering wheel knob and if it’s really, really bad…I’ll use latex gloves.

I started a new job last week and I’m already looking to leave and find another. The trucks are filthy and I refuse to work in another man’s filth.

gets me the idiots who feel compelled to spray stuff all over the cab or wipe stuff all over the interior come to that making everything wheel/pedals etc slippery for the next guy, you go to sit in the seat first thing in the morning you either slipping out of your cab seat holding onto the steering wheel to stop your self slipping further or if you go to rest your elbow on the stearing wheel you end up banging your head on it :exclamation: :unamused: :unamused:

Cruise Control:
gets me the idiots who feel compelled to spray stuff all over the cab or wipe stuff all over the interior come to that making everything wheel/pedals etc slippery for the next guy, you go to sit in the seat first thing in the morning you either slipping out of your cab seat holding onto the steering wheel to stop your self slipping further or if you go to rest your elbow on the stearing wheel you end up banging your head on it :exclamation: :unamused: :unamused:

I can beat that - some pillock at our place cleaned and polished a particular units cab interior, I have no problem with that but to polish the cab handrails :open_mouth:

I don’t see using wipes on the truck as OCD, it’s more like ‘basics’.

I must admit, since having kids (12 years now) I’ve paid lots more attention to [avoiding] situations that could pass ‘germs’ through contact. I also hate the toilet door handle that you have to touch to get out when you’ve just seen ‘Mr Minging ■■■■-Fingers’ flicking the drips all over his hands then walk straight out without washing his hands.

BTW Ady, check your PM’s. :wink: