Who do i drive for?

Bikemonkey,

Congratulations you have won a weekend away for two in Grimethorpe! :smiley:

Prize must be collected by winners accompanied by both parents and grandparents, applicants must be 40years old to be eligible for prize. Bedding food and walls not supplied!! :smiley: :wink:

EEEEE wen I were a lad, by gum… :laughing: :laughing:

what an intresting thread

And it’s still going… :stuck_out_tongue:

thread of the year award :laughing: :wink:

Like I said,anyone want to guess what my first car was??
in the interest of keeping this riveting thread alive?? :laughing:

I shall give y’all a clue.
It was Red

bikemonkey:

It was Red

My first was also red, so it MUST have been a 1963 997cc Anglia.

Do I get the prize,monkeybike?

206doorman:

bikemonkey:

It was Red

Hmmm,not this time son,keep on trying.It was just a tad more powerful and had a British engine also.
Clue number 2,it had a stupid suspension system and 1 side was ■■■■■■,so it used to come down the road on a slant and was really good at left hand
corners. :wink:

I like Anglias,one of my mates has got an Anglia estate old D reg I think.

bikemonkey:

206doorman:

bikemonkey:

It was Red

Hmmm,not this time son,keep on trying.It was just a tad more powerful and had a British engine also.
Clue number 2,it had a stupid suspension system and 1 side was [zb],so it used to come down the road on a slant and was really good at left hand corners. :wink:

ford orion :laughing:

What a massive coincidence! My first car was also red!!!Jaw Drop 5

…so BM’s MUST have been a Hillman Avenger 1600 twin carb.

Do I win a box of nails?

…or a BX or Xantia or something like that :wink:

jessicas dad:
ford orion :laughing:

Bit Smaller JD,not as refined and executive as the mighty Ford Orion. :laughing:
Clue 3,it was 2 door ,Beige interior and Crap hub caps which I aquired off a better model to make mine look better. :smiley:

Shrek:
…or a BX or Xantia or something like that :wink:

no,no,no,no,no your way off sugar.Its a sort of classically crap car.

This threads gonna get pulled soon. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Mini/ Mini Metro

One of the hydrolastic-equipped BMC jobs?

kindle530:
Mini/ Mini Metro

Well done Kindle.yes indeed it was a Red 1.0 lire Austin Metro,the best thing i ever did with it was stick those hub caps on it and get rid off the ■■■■■■■ thing.

Some old paint tins,Clout nails and a few damaged welding rods are on there way to Norfolk as we speak…Innovate are delivering it,just hope it gets there before its too late.

funny as chuff, i’ll be giggling the rest of the evening :laughing:

bikemonkey:

kindle530:
Mini/ Mini Metro

Well done Kindle.yes indeed it was a Red 1.0 lire Austin Metro,the best thing i ever did with it was stick those hub caps on it and get rid off the [zb] thing.

Some old paint tins,Clout nails and a few damaged welding rods are on there way to Norfolk as we speak…Innovate are delivering it,just hope it gets there before its too late.

now now this thread has gone way of track :astonished: :astonished: please keep it on track i would hate for it to lose it’s vigor

leebam:
YES THATS RIGHT ITS THOMPSON TRANSPORT FROM GRIMETHORPE

That’s the first company that came to my mind as I’ve seen the odd wagon, and have passed you :open_mouth: many times my friend :laughing:

On the odd occasion I cover the Dearne Valley/Barnsley deliveries I come back from Barnsley along the A635 to the Darfield (Cathill) Roundabout and turn left. The next roundabout is where I’ve seen you/TT wagons the most. I go straight over that roundabout and head for Great Houghton then Thurnscoe, you lot come from (my left) is it the A6195 Pontefract, South Elmsall etc road if I remember correctly?

Next time I’m out that way, if I see you (I’ll usually be in a 13t rigid on that route) I’ll flash (the lights - before any of you jokers start :smiley: )

bikemonkey:

kindle530:
Mini/ Mini Metro

Well done Kindle.yes indeed it was a Red 1.0 lire Austin Metro,the best thing i ever did with it was stick those hub caps on it and get rid off the [zb] thing.

Thanks mate, thats made my day, was then going to B and Q for some paint and nails, actually thinking about it im short on welding rods as well.!! Oh what a great day!!
P.S sorry to ruin the thread by getting the answer right! :blush: :wink: