Who controls the adverts?

Just seen this advert on the list of advertisers:-

Warning All HGV Students
Don’t train for HGV driving until you check out all the facts here!
HGVFactRevealed.HGVTraininguk.co.uk

Doesn’t set well with me!

what adverts ■■? not seen any yet, maybe don’t see them in Firefox. Thank god, hate adverts :stuck_out_tongue:

Lycanthrope, the on the right hand side of the screen

I got adblock plus on firefox thank god. Dont see any adverts

I agree with Mart on this one.

Also does this site need al these avert’s ?

Also what does trucknet do with our mail adress is it sold on for revinue.

Smart Mart:

Warning All HGV Students

They’re Google adds so they’re put there by Google and Trucknet supply the web space.

Are Pathway an unscrupulous training company then ?

Smart Mart:

Warning All HGV Students

Does it mean that Trucknet shows this advert >> HGVFactRevealed.HGVTraininguk.co.uk They agree with it ?

If this forum Trucknet Is By Drivers for Drivers why all the adds ?

Do they need the funds to run the forum ?

26 years an Lgv Trainer:

While it may be difficult for some to comprehend, TruckNet UK is owned by Reed Business Information Ltd, an on-line and printed media company- A business that exists to make a profit and pay its employees a wage, In order to make profit they sell advertising on this website as well as the few 100 others it owns and in its magazines.

The Google ads are not controlled by RBI and we have no influence over what ads it shows.

And finally we do not sell your e-mail address to anyone, in fact so far we havent even passed the e-mail addresses from here to RBI itself and they remain locked in the forum database. We may at some point offer the members here the opportunity to “OPT IN” to recieve mails or newsletters.

26 years an Lgv Trainer:

Smart Mart:

Warning All HGV Students

Does it mean that Trucknet shows this advert >> HGVFactRevealed.HGVTraininguk.co.uk They agree with it ?

So did you click the link to see if there was anything wrong with the advert, I did and saw nothing wrong, no idea what’s in the information pack they want you to send for though :wink:

Why do you have a problem with that add ?

Personally I don’t care about the adds but think the advertising column is too intrusive where it is :unamused:

I believe this site has been trying to tell newbies and others the truth about the so called driver shortage for some time so why is there a link to pathway who say on their site -

pathwayhgv.co.uk/?gclid=CLGu … QwodfWB7aw

Why is now the best time to start your new career?

Its hard to believe but there are currently far more jobs than drivers. Employers are literally crying out for HGV drivers. Take a look at these industry facts!

There are currently well over 80,000 well paid vacancies for qualified HGV drivers in the UK alone.

60% of all road haulage companies are struggling to fill vacancies.

The top 100 biggest companies are suffering even more with 72% having a severe shortage of drivers.

The shortage is so severe that industry authorities now agree that it could lead to problems in the supply of vital goods and services across the country. UK businesses stand to lose up to £1 billion.

Experts agree that the severe shortage is here to stay and will continue to worsen in the near future.

To me, this is a double standard and confusing to those visiting this site.

The site allows ads like this which it seems to condone by allowing them and then tells them that is is actually different - talk about confusing signals

Please could a mod move this to the feedback forum :wink:

Rikki-UK:

26 years an Lgv Trainer:

While it may be difficult for some to comprehend, TruckNet UK is owned by Reed Business Information Ltd, an on-line and printed media company- A business that exists to make a profit and pay its employees a wage, In order to make profit they sell advertising on this website as well as the few 100 others it owns and in its magazines.

The Google ads are not controlled by RBI and we have no influence over what ads it shows.

And finally we do not sell your e-mail address to anyone, in fact so far we havent even passed the e-mail addresses from here to RBI itself and they remain locked in the forum database. We may at some point offer the members here the opportunity to “OPT IN” to recieve mails or newsletters.

Now you are on a warning. You run the site and you post remarks like that ?

Try to abide by the rules you state…instead of making remarks like this

While it may be difficult for some to comprehend

Not impressed by the border for adverts on the right hand side, wasting space, it also buggers up any photos displayed. This Forum has gone downhill. :imp:

Well I am of the opinion that this particular advert is mis-leading as it is purely a way of attracting prospective trainees to a company selling their services, by way of frightening some using the ‘Warning All HGV Students’, and then being led to a site selling courses.

I am thinking of asking advertising standards whether they approve of this type of advert.

As I said we have no control over the Google ads - I suggest you contact Google with your concerns

I will raise your comments with my Boss , but as I said I doubt if we can have any influence at all over what Google do

Report against Rikki-UK investigated and cleared by myself at 17.34. No rules broken, so no action taken.

bubsy06:
I got adblock plus on firefox thank god. Dont see any adverts

Me neither. If adverts bother people that much it’s very easy to deal with the issue, and in less time than it takes to complain about them. :smiley: :wink:

Rikki said >>

Does it realy need the first line >>

While it may be difficult for some to comprehend

ROG:
I believe this site has been trying to tell newbies and others the truth about the so called driver shortage for some time so why is there a link to pathway who say on their site -

pathwayhgv.co.uk/?gclid=CLGu … QwodfWB7aw

Why is now the best time to start your new career?

Its hard to believe but there are currently far more jobs than drivers. Employers are literally crying out for HGV drivers. Take a look at these industry facts!

There are currently well over 80,000 well paid vacancies for qualified HGV drivers in the UK alone.

60% of all road haulage companies are struggling to fill vacancies.

The top 100 biggest companies are suffering even more with 72% having a severe shortage of drivers.

The shortage is so severe that industry authorities now agree that it could lead to problems in the supply of vital goods and services across the country. UK businesses stand to lose up to £1 billion.

Experts agree that the severe shortage is here to stay and will continue to worsen in the near future.

To me, this is a double standard and confusing to those visiting this site.

The site allows ads like this which it seems to condone by allowing them and then tells them that is is actually different - talk about confusing signals

Please could a mod move this to the feedback forum :wink:

Fare comment ROG except that you obviously haven’t bothered to look at the add that’s being referred to, if you had you would know that it’s a totally different advert and in no way is it like the one you’ve quoted.

If Pathway are lying to prospective trainees obviously people should be warned but you can’t complain about an add you obviously haven’t bothered to look at :unamused:

No adverts at all on my screen, guess thats the problem with using Internet Explorer, lets all kind of junk into your computer. Use a decent browser - Firefox and you will have no more trouble.

proof - img119.imageshack.us/img119/6084 … hothb7.jpg

ETA - Reply to 26-years:

I can’t see any reason to leave it out if that’s his opinion. If you understand the concept then it obviously doesn’t apply to you, therefore you have no reason to take offence. :unamused:

You’ve had your answer, Rik will draw your opinion to the attention of those who may (it’s unlikely, but they may) be able to influence these things, therefore there is nothing more he can do.

Thankyou for taking the time to share your opinion. Goodnight.