Whitworths Bros Wellingborough

Hiya :slight_smile: anyone know anything about the company in question? Wages, hours and the rest what goes with it . Looking for a new job after new year and as ive worked with flour tankers before would like to see what they are like to work for.

Thank you and happy new year :grimacing:

I collect from there often enough, seem a happy bunch apart from some of the weighbridge operators where its hit and miss if you get weighed in or out (never both, which I find odd)

The ability to select tang mode is required from some of them that pass me.

Ken.

Quinny:
The ability to select tang mode is required from some of them that pass me.

Ken.

Then just keep ya elbows in, whoooosh coming by.

Only dealt with them once when I applied for a job. I rang to ask progress of application only to be told by some snotty ■■■■■ I didn’t include cover letter and the job was filled.
To which I replied why bother advertising if you give the job to your mate, to which she put the phone down :unamused:

Whitworths took over two of the Hovis flour mills (Manchester and Selby) and ultimately ended my long association with that job last Christmas. There was a 3-4 month transition period where Hovis where required to fulfill the Morrisons Bagged contract delivering to the RDC’s for the instore bakeries, and a couple of other locations such as Bright Blue foods at Blackburn. This became amusing as it turned out the orders for the other locations inc BBF where inadvertently being doubled, and both the Hovis and Whitworths trucks turning up onsite. But as the Whitworths drivers seemed to be unfamiliar with the location, we (Hovis) tended to get there 1st and where unloading by the time they arrived. Cue many frantic phone calls to the respective companies, and heated arguments between the drivers. Because loads had to be taken back, and backhauls screwed up.
At the Selby mill where the bagging plant was Whitworths decided to insist that they had priority for loading, despite the fact there where booking times, outside subbies, & EE’s blocking the yard, and generally their loads where not ready due to insufficient product availability. The Hovis drivers where laughing especially as the agency guys (inc me) where on hourly rate. The warehouse guys at Selby who we where on first name terms with didn’t give a ■■■■, and would tell the Whitworths drivers to pull off the bay so they could load us, which would wind them up even more. :laughing:

Back in the 1980’s regularly met some of their drivers on nights out in Darlington, they always said it was a cream job. How times change.

Thanks for the replies. Applied 3 weeks ago still not heard anything back from them :frowning: