Whites transport

After the 1st recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats ■■■■ mate, but i know from personal experience what the french/Italians etc can charge for recovery/repairs.[emoji15][emoji15]

Good luck [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

what do we charge for a drag off the m/way if not recovered within 2 hours ?

truckertang:
Thats [zb] mate, but i know from personal experience what the french/Italians etc can charge for recovery/repairs.[emoji15][emoji15]

The other problem in France is that they will not carry out any repairs on the motorway so if you can’t limp to the next exit you are stuffed. Snapped a belt on the A13 nearest exit was 6km away recovery wanted 1000 euro manged to limp off and got Scania to fit a new belt. Prices in France are extortionate was quoted 325 euro plus fitting for an airbag at Scania in Calais, got over to Dover and new airbag fitted for a fraction of the price.

Had an alternator fail near the Blanc french side on a merc atego, 2 days and £800 later it was ready to roll…

Had the i-shift give up near Versailles (middle lane of 5) [emoji23][emoji23] it was towed to an approved volvo dealer near CDG where they fixed said problem and the bill was + €10k…thank you very much…

Considered applying for a job with these to be fair. More constant Euro stuff is tickling my bits now my lad has grown up a bit.

m.a.n rules:
what do we charge for a drag off the m/way if not recovered within 2 hours ?

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=106838&p=1619465&hilit=Trowell#p1619465

Mazzer2:

truckertang:
Thats [zb] mate, but i know from personal experience what the french/Italians etc can charge for recovery/repairs.[emoji15][emoji15]

The other problem in France is that they will not carry out any repairs on the motorway so if you can’t limp to the next exit you are stuffed. Snapped a belt on the A13 nearest exit was 6km away recovery wanted 1000 euro manged to limp off and got Scania to fit a new belt. Prices in France are extortionate was quoted 325 euro plus fitting for an airbag at Scania in Calais, got over to Dover and new airbag fitted for a fraction of the price.

€650 they wanted in France for a brake chamber on the trailer, plus the labour.

Needless to say it got blocked off and done back home

TheUncaringCowboy:

Mazzer2:

truckertang:

€650 they wanted in France for a brake chamber on the trailer, plus the labour.

Needless to say it got blocked off and done back home

Same thing happened to me just south of Rheims…boss didn’t bother checking the cost in France, he said just block it off and get back

It can happen the other way around.
This is my lad putting a foreign registered on
the Harwich -Hook ferry.
Operator wanted it home.
As has been said, you are more in control of your costs.

325222F4-AC9D-4505-9D91-130C84644D27.jpeg

WhiteWhiteWhite:
PS - I’m setting up a go fund me page if any of you want to donate [emoji23][emoji23]

Pete.

Only if you do whatever it takes to replace it with an 18 speed Fuller and I can do the first run after it’s finished. :smiley:

Back Home Now…

WhiteWhiteWhite:

Back Home Now…

I take it you’ll be having a word with Scania…!

Sent from my R19 using Tapatalk

WhiteWhiteWhite:

Back Home Now…

Good old Ashley Wood. When I was on the milk with Turners, out of Westbury, we used to get a frequent user discount… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing:

Turners were running artics on the ex-farm work, with single, twin and triaxle trailers. Those who know, realise the challenges that partially loaded trailers, wet roads, windy country lanes and hills (and ditches…) will present the unwary, or plain dumb, driver… :sunglasses: Ashley Wood’s services were regularly needed, sometimes weekly. Sometimes same driver, same location… :open_mouth: :grimacing:

I’m guessing with the front of the cab raised they’d have been mindful of the height !!

All be it I’m a mere van driver but I had a Fan/Auxillary belt go early one morning on the Peripherique,I was quoted €600 to be recovered to nearest Ford Garage,1.8Km from where I was.,I limped along to the nearest slip road and changed it myself.
Tough with no power steering so god knows what it would be like should a Tactor Unit have no PAS…!
I have Full AA European recovery but no one answered …!
Also No answer from Fords Warranty number at 2am…!!

Azer:
All be it I’m a mere van driver but I had a Fan/Auxillary belt go early one morning on the Peripherique,I was quoted €600 to be recovered to nearest Ford Garage,1.8Km from where I was.,I limped along to the nearest slip road and changed it myself.
Tough with no power steering so god knows what it would be like should a Tactor Unit have no PAS…!
I have Full AA European recovery but no one answered …!
Also No answer from Fords Warranty number at 2am…!!

Takes me back to circa 90s,desperately trying to break into euro work I joined an agency in Wisbech who were making a tidy sum by providing rescue` drivers for their biggest client,Murfits (remember them?)

Two days later they fly me from Manchester airport to collect a loaded wagon,loaded with tyres,that had been abandoned,with a reload scheduled for fridges near Pompei then back to uk.Trouble is I was inexperienced in the draw bar world and struggled to find the other trailer part of the combo in deepest Milano,no sat navs then and zero knowledge of the labrynthine city I was in.I also had poor communications with the Murfit office and ended up finding the trailer part the next day with a torrid crash course in connecting the thing up :blush:

I eventually found the deep rural unload point with some,although I say it misself,adroit map reading and on I plodded for the Pompeii fridge collection.The fun started on the return journey as I approached the menacing monte bianco assault course when the steering began to play up significantly.There were big issues with loss of power steering and a tense stand off with the office as they seriously wanted me to crack on regardless to avoid the French curfew without,delaying the delivery due to mechanical repairs.The idea of steering a draw bar round those perilous mountain roads sans powered steering,wasn’t an option,so after a lengthy 5 or so hours I ended up weekended near the French Blanc tunnel.

Done many a crossing on these roads in all conditions,snow,driving rain,fog dark,and sometimes all of them combined but sweet jesus how can that be done without power steering is a mystery.Had a damned good time in those Alps though,mountain streams,sunny weather,great village restaurants shame it was a mission failure :wink:

Mace:
It can happen the other way around.
This is my lad putting a foreign registered on
the Harwich -Hook ferry.
Operator wanted it home.
As has been said, you are more in control of your costs.

That’s one of Visbeens MANs, they will drag that off the boat in the Hoek and into their workshop, about 2kms up the road.

With reference to the Scania garage in Bonneville France , a driver from the firm i used to work for had been broken down , he had been stuck there for a few weeks , this was before Christmas .
I was sent on a rescue mission , the bloke was quite happy to stay there over the Christmas holidays , as the garage had a bed room and a shower.