Whites transport ramsgate

ANY ONE DONE ANYTHING FOR THEM . TRUCKS/WAGES/ETC? ANY INFO ON DEADMANS TRANSPORT YOUNGS G FISHER :exclamation:

I don’t know much about them, but Whites seem to run around in Mercs, I often see one tipping at our local Netto store about 3 or 4 in the morning

I’ve done a bit of casual work for White’s, they’re not too bad, money is average, trucks ok but some are quite old. They are quite heavily ■■■■■■■ with Netto, and as Netto has been taken over by Asda who are going to be doing the distribution, I imagine they will be downsizing.

Deadman’s went ages ago, all the directors got sent to prison for borrowing money against their yard, which they didn’t actually own.

Young Brothers OK, if you don’t mind 15 hour days

HARRY MONK THANKS FOR THE REPLY, JUST THINKING BACK TO THE OLD DAYS. YOUNGS STILL GOING , HAVENT SEEN THEM ABT FOR A WHILE . NOW YOU SAY ASDA HAVE GOT THE WORK WELL THAT BE END OF THEM .THEY HAD A FEW LADS RUNNIG UP TO RUNCORN. DO YOU NO IF THERES MUCH GOING ON AT RAMSGATE DOCKS THESE DAYS TRACTION OR OVER. UES TO DO A BIT WITH NIGHTINGALE. EX R J MATTEWS CHEERS. :wink:

Young Brothers are still going, they do a lot of Shepherd Neame out of the Faversham brewery, there is a bit of unaccompanied freight out of Ramsgate but nothing like it was in the 1980s, there is a ferry which runs to Ostend but as far as I can see it is only used by eastern Europeans.