White van man innocent?

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … loyee.html

OK, in a nutshell, white van man allegedly tailgates and flashes his lights at alleged middle lane hogger. Alleged middle lane hogger complains to his company. Company responds with “you shouldn’t have been hogging the middle lane”.

Now, I’m no fan of white van drivers or middle lane hoggers, so can we just call them both cockwombles and go home? Or is there more to this than meets the eye?

We can all only guess what happened, so bugger knows! :open_mouth:
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Refreshing to see a company with a pair. OK we don’t know the ins and outs but the usual is that a company will offer a grovelling apology. Good on 'em for standing by their man. I reckon not many employers would.
Bloke I know ended up with a verbal warning trying to deliver to a shop. Someone called him a w****r for blocking the car park when in fact someone had blocked him in. When he asked the bloke to stop swearing, he was polite and it was recorded on his dash cam, he still got a bollocking. Now that’s the norm.

Probably 6 of one half dozen of the other, but with no independent witnesses, the company was right to back their driver, but the reply was handled badly, although it’s probably more polite that what most of us would like to say to those people who drive round oblivious to what’s going on round them, then get offended when somebody takes exception to it.

I was asked to leave a company, because after a taxi driver maliciously cut me up, then gave me the finger because I flashed my lights at him, which gave me reason to tailgate him and called him a Wayne Kerr at the next junction. He rang up and complained. Yes I was a ■■■■, but you never know who’s telling on you nowadays. Thank fork I drive a plain van now. I’m still a ■■■■■■. Lol.
PS…I’d give that bird one in her back doors.

I wouldn’t go that far Vern, you’re just a typical ‘white van man’
ps. and you wasn’t ‘asked’ to leave a company otherwise it would be that you resigned, you were told to foxtrot oscar :laughing:

raymundo:
ps. and you wasn’t ‘asked’ to leave a company otherwise it would be that you resigned, you were told to foxtrot oscar :laughing:

Nope, they politely said ‘’ I think you should resign" so it looked better for my CV. Their loss at the end of the day. They can’t get drivers with Euro experience for love nor money now.

Car driver’s a drama llama.

While I find tailgating and flashing deplorable. I also find there is usually a root cause for it, normally hogging a lane…

Glad that the company hasn’t rolled over off the back of no evidence other than the hearsay of another road user.

I once had a complaint against me from a fellow lorry driver, complaining I had sped up and not allowed him to overtake, then when he had I had blasted my horn at the same time as being on the phone, and giving him the bird. My, aren’t I multi talented 3 armed driver?? I told the office I had Dashcam footage showing none of this was true, and all of a sudden this fellow HGV driver wasn’t too fussed about any retribution for my heinous crimes… I was left amazed at what some people would fabricate, incidentally he was upset at me because we had been at the same site, he waited an hour to be tipped, and I came in and tipped myself, and left at the same time as him having been there for all of 5 minutes… Tragic what folk will get worked up by these days!

You have to ask yourself, how many times have you seen a driver and you’ve thought to yourself, what a clueless fool! As that basically sums it up… She may well of being silly, either pulling out right in front of the van when she overtook the lorry, or buggering around during or after the overtake. Whatever it was (if anything), the van driver still shouldn’t have tried to bully her. So I doubt neither party is completely innocent in this non event!

I’m glad the boss stood up for the employee, but maybe pacifying her irrespective of their thoughts was the answer…

bigvern1:

raymundo:

Nope, they politely said ‘’ I think you should resign" so it looked better for my CV. Their loss at the end of the day. They can’t get drivers with Euro experience for love nor money now.

I do month an month about in my job so wouldn’t mind doing a bit of Euro work during my time off, but I live up norf, near the arctic circle :slight_smile:

as soon as you read the article,then you know exactly the problem…yet another head up her own ■■■ usless clueless ■■■■■…in reality when people complain to a company about someone,then once they get down to it,the actual complaint generally lacks substance,which means theres generally a few embellishments and add ons added to maeke it appear to be worth the time and effort in complaining…when i ran my own company every now and again joe public would complain.( this is pre tinterweb days) occasionally the complaint was about me when i was working,and it never ceased to ammuse me as to the version that i heard instead of the actual event.needless to say when they got invariably told to ■■■■ off and nobody cared it usually cheered me up for the rest of the week.these people tend to be repeat offenders and full their own self imposed importance.on one occaision when somone had contacted the local rag about a complaint my reply to them when they asked if i had any comment on behalf of my company,then telling them to go and fornicate themselves as they were a shower of parasite james hunts somehow never made print…but thats the power of the media… :slight_smile:

Yep stuck up clueless ■■■■■ more than likely with mobile phone sat on her lap. Holding everyone up wondering why people are getting safety with her. Zero sympathy bollaks to her

annoyed not safety lol

what a silly an immature response by the manager, he has really set himself up should one of their vans be involved in a serious accident. There seems to be no denial of the tailgating or flashing of lights, just a comment saying other drivers will need to work-around her bad driving habits, and drive in a manner that they would rather not.

As for what happened we will never know; however if there was a lorry in the middle lane overtaking other vehicles can we assume he was on the limiter, she was overtaking this lorry but making slow work of it, so lets put her at 65 (her speedo was probably showing 70) If that was what was happening then she has my sympathies.

Serves her right for trying to play the “lone female driver” card. Doesnt care that she is actually breaking the law as well, just fire in a complaint because someone gets annoyed at her driving like miss daisy in the wrong lane. And as usual, when they dont get their own way they “take to facebook” and give one side of the story. He shouldnt have been flashing the lights and blasting the horn but to fire in a complaint when you were also in the wrong takes a special kind of brass neck.
Theres three sides to every story. One persons version of events, the other persons version of events then theres what actually happened!
Everyones out to get you these days. Not that im paranoid or anything

The-Snowman:
Serves her right for trying to play the “lone female driver” card. Doesnt care that she is actually breaking the law as well, just fire in a complaint because someone gets annoyed at her driving like miss daisy in the wrong lane. And as usual, when they dont get their own way they “take to facebook” and give one side of the story. He shouldnt have been flashing the lights and blasting the horn but to fire in a complaint when you were also in the wrong takes a special kind of brass neck.
Theres three sides to every story. One persons version of events, the other persons version of events then theres what actually happened!
Everyones out to get you these days. Not that im paranoid or anything

What law was she breaking ? from the newspaper article the only hint of wrong doing on her part was possibly breaking the speed limit, hardly the type of wrong doing that should inspire the ‘get-out-of-my-way’ type driving.
I too smiled when the ‘lone female’ card was played, but if we take her word for what happened; why did the van driver not pass her when she moved back into the middle lane after overtaking, according to her he followed her back into the middle lane, waited until she started to pass again then repeated the intimidation, now if that is true, that is well out of order.

You are correct about three sides to a story, and that the truth will lie somewhere between what both drivers say. It is amazing how quickly facts can become distorted and you have just given a prime example; where did you get the ‘blasting on horn’ bit from ?

Bluey Circles:
What law was she breaking ? from the newspaper article the only hint of wrong doing on her part was possibly breaking the speed limit, hardly the type of wrong doing that should inspire the ‘get-out-of-my-way’ type driving.

I did say the van driver shouldnt have been doing what he did but admitting breaking the limit just to overtake still makes her not whiter than white. Remember, we only have her word for it that it was “slightly”. Also, is it not illegal to sit in the middle lane? If you can get prosecuted for it I assumed it was illegal

Bluey Circles:
but if we take her word for what happened;

Theres the problem right there. You cant take her word, or his, for what happened.

Bluey Circles:
why did the van driver not pass her when she moved back into the middle lane after overtaking, according to her he followed her back into the middle lane, waited until she started to pass again then repeated the intimidation, now if that is true, that is well out of order.

Just re read it and I missed that bit. If its true then I recant, the van driver is an absolute ■■■■ and deserves the book thrown at him. However, there is no mention of this in the original complaint, or the facebook post. The first time it got mentioned was in the interview with the journalist. Seemed a bit “added on” to me. She also says that “eventually I moved over as I had to exit the motorway”. Sounds like shes let slip she wasnt actually overtaking, or at least hung out in the middle lane well after she was passed. But again, only speculating

Bluey Circles:
It is amazing how quickly facts can become distorted and you have just given a prime example; where did you get the ‘blasting on horn’ bit from ?

Sorry about that. Hands up. I got mixed up with this and the trucker Jay driving thread

The-Snowman:
Sorry about that. Hands up. I got mixed up with this and the trucker Jay driving thread

Well that’s it then mate, you’re going to be put under the sun lamps for that! :smiley:
Later Mr Puddle! :grimacing:

Evil8Beezle:

The-Snowman:

Well that’s it then mate, you’re going to be put under the sun lamps for that! :smiley:
Later Mr Puddle! :grimacing:

:laughing:
There will be nowt left but a carrot and two twigs