White stobart truck?

Saw a white stobart truck around stafford yesterday on 02 plate, BX02 (won’t reveal rest) Wasn’t private plate…

He was wearing stobarts hi viz and towing a stobart trailer…

Just wondering if he’s actually a stobart employee or self employed renting through same company + pulling for them :smiley:

Edit: It was a curtain sider in livery of stobarts / White volvo unit - no name

Also no stobart livery on truck , just the words stobart in their font

What no name on it ? the spotters will be jumping off the bridges :laughing: :laughing:

Trev_H:
What no name on it ? the spotters will be jumping off the bridges :laughing: :laughing:

Didn’t get that good of a look, it was an volvo, and no name on front that i saw.

voodoo1:

Trev_H:

Didn’t get that good of a look, it was an volvo, and no name on front that i saw.

On an 02 plate I bet it hasn’t belonged to Stobarts for a good many years.

Probably today now 1 missing load 1 security guard looking for a new job and stobarts short of another trailer!!

One of the spare trucks they have in a few of the yards. There is one in Sherburn. Think they use them as shunters too.

He was wearing a high viz whilst driving?!?
Was he that much of a hazard!?!

I think its a shunter/ Spare.
Seen 1 near Sherburn and one on A1M.

Don’t know about now but a couple of years ago at Appleton they had a few plain white older trucks with just a stobart sticker on.

Ask CG in the stobart topic on the pics section he best person to ask as he a spotter

Yeah, spare trucks also used as Shunters.

A bit like this one I caught in Workington…

Did it have a Scania logo on the bonnet?

Yes, I know you said it was a Volvo, But Halebank Scania have got a BX02 Volvo, with a big silver “Scania” over the grill for taking Stobart trailers from Widnes for MOTs etc?

Don’t think so but can’t be sure … i was concentrating on the traffic in front :wink:

They are Volvo fm used by subbies…
There’s nothing wrong with driving wearing a vis jacket :exclamation:

There’s nothing wrong with driving wearing a vis jacket :exclamation:
[/quote]
YES -there is! :smiley: :smiley: especially if its :blush:
Why do drivers wear hi-viz when driving - it looks so naffffffffffff. Even if you are just going down the road 5 mins or doing a full 4.5 hours take it off for goodness sake. Drivers will be going into cafes wearing them next.
What is the worse you have seen someone wearing hi-viz whle out like shopping in Sainsburys or whatever!

Hopefully get a lot of replies off topic about S (another one) and yes I did open it to read about S!

Well when I did my Stobart induction the trainers told us not to wear the hi viz jackets while we were driving because they wanted people to see Stobart drivers displaying their uniforms in a way that the public could tell it was a Stobart driver.
We learned lots of things on the induction :wink:

Wearing the high vis while driving was a disciplinary offence at Stagecoach.

Slightly left field but; I went for a meal once in a pub near an oil refinery and two scaffolders entered and sat at a table. I knew they were scaffs as it said so on their overalls. They were in full kit, overalls, rigger boots and safety harness and they’d hung their helmets on the coat pegs !
I hate people who wear their P.P.E. to the pub/cafe/home/bus/train,
Note to you all: YOU LOOK LIKE MUPPETS !!! :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

So its how people perceive it not that its something that’s actually wrong… :confused: