Whitby

Am going to Whitby on Monday. Does anyone know if there is anywhere to park there. Truckstops or decent lay byes. Thanks.

I dont know of anywhere to park, but just watch yourself if fully loaded on your way back as theres some bad hills heading south. and if it’s still wet you will struggle to get up them fully loaded. The worst 1 is if you go back through Pickering on the A169 to join the A64. I usually head in to Scarbrough then join the a64.

Sent from my iPad.

Make sure your load isn’t oblong wooden boxes containing soil from Romania, and bearing a “Demeter” shipping mark.

Come to that, make sure there’s no Romanians in there whilst your at it, especially landed gentry! :smiling_imp:

there used to be a large layby just as you come into whitby from scarborough but its been years since i have been that way!

there’s a small industrial site just coming out of town on the road to scarborough you can park there

You can park just behind the Abbey, then nip down the steps to the pub and fish shops :laughing:

Bring me some Fortunes kippers back please ■■?

war1974:
there used to be a large layby just as you come into whitby from scarborough but its been years since i have been that way!

It’s still there and probably a decent enough spot to park. Not too far to walk from there to the town either.

Paul

The hill down into the town is a real grueler. I used to park down in the dock but I don’t know if you can now ?

Winseer:
Make sure your load isn’t oblong wooden boxes containing soil from Romania, and bearing a “Demeter” shipping mark.

Come to that, make sure there’s no Romanians in there whilst your at it, especially landed gentry! :smiling_imp:

pmsl :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

There used to be a large parking area near Endevour Wharf, but only in the late evening, just along from the CO-OP, ALONGSIDE THE RAILWAY LINE, the trains dont run after 9.00.pm so it is quiet, but having said all this its over 10 years since I parked up there, Regards Larry.

^^^^^^^^
What he said. If you’re lucky you can follow someone into the showers that are reserved for boat users. There’s some toilets and it’s only a short walk into town.

And … there used to be some good pubs serving food along the front.

Pat Hasler:
And … there used to be some good pubs serving food along the front.

the pier inn just along from the magpie is very nice