Whistling DAFs

Anyone else with a new shape DAF have the annoying high pitched whistle when at motorway speeds.
I’ve driven 4 different trucks in the last few months (both rigid and units) with the CF cab.
It’s like the windscreens don’t fit properly. How are they managing to even let them leave the factory like this.

It’s the windscreen that’s not sealed properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats not good, probably a corrosion problem waiting to happen later in life. Volvo F10/12’s had a similar problem years ago with the cab rusting under the screen rubber.

I love the 106 XF, but I’ll admit that water running down the inside of the windscreen didn’t fill me with confidence for the long term…

(Neither did the paint, which falls off if you slam the door…)

the nodding donkey:
I love the 106 XF, but I’ll admit that water running down the inside of the windscreen didn’t fill me with confidence for the long term…

Yeah we’ve had a few with that problem.But mine has been ok so far…Must be the window seal…

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

daftvader:

the nodding donkey:

Yeah we’ve had a few with that problem.But mine has been ok so far…Must be the window seal…

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Im pretty sure the water on the inside of the screen is condensation from the inside of the roof. Weve a few of them and have had no problems with them through the summer, in spite of thunder storms rain etc, but now colder weather is here and night heaters are in use the water runs have re-appeared. It didn`t happen on our older SSCs but is common on newer ones. The agents have splashed sealer around roof hatches and sun-visors but all to no effect.

Problem is with sealing round windscreens is if you ever need to change them it makes the job an absolute nightmare.

Own Account Driver:
Problem is with sealing round windscreens is if you ever need to change them it makes the job an absolute nightmare.

That’s the window fitters problem. [emoji12] As a driver, I’d only be interested in stopping the whistling.

Quite a few of our new CF’s suffered from this ( a problem on the production line apparently)
Put defect note into our garage, rectified by DAF dealer overnight (warranty work). No prob’s since.

Some of our 63 plates (older shape) had the same problem from new. 1 of them even had 2 separate whistles but it was mainly in high winds

Our place has got 10 - 15 new daf cf’s, 66 plate tractor units. A few I’ve driven have the same whistling problem, I’ve put a defect in for them but not sure if it’s been fixed yet.

damoq:

Own Account Driver:

That’s the window fitters problem. [emoji12] As a driver, I’d only be interested in stopping the whistling.

Screens nowadays are bonded in and sealer is a thing of the past along with screen rubbers. These screens need removing and bonding in properly, have DAF had this as a common warranty problem, its maybe worth getting in touch with DAF