Which Way Would You Go??

i’m tipping in winsford tomorrow morning,artic with a 14’2’’ trailer,should be done about 9,then i have 3 drops in the peak district area,done them before,however i’m torn with which route to take to get to whaley bridge from winsford.
do i just head back up M6 then do A556/M60/A6 or onto the various roads around the cheshire area to get to macclesfield then on the a523 to poynton then down A6,but the trouble is,the roads in cheshire are always bloody packed,desicions,desicions lol

jrl driver:
i’m tipping in winsford tomorrow morning,artic with a 14’2’’ trailer,should be done about 9,then i have 3 drops in the peak district area,done them before,however i’m torn with which route to take to get to whaley bridge from winsford.
do i just head back up M6 then do A556/M60/A6 or onto the various roads around the cheshire area to get to macclesfield then on the a523 to poynton then down A6,but the trouble is,the roads in cheshire are always bloody packed,desicions,desicions lol

You’ll hit traffic both ways mate, even worse now they’ve put that bloody 7.5t limit on the back from from Edgeley down to the 5 ways :imp:

I’d probably opt to go down past woodford to Poynton just because it’s a bit more scenic than the A6 with cars parked in the inside every 500 yrds, traffic not moving, undercut, overtook, speed cameras :unamused:

not done that way,so might give it a try,cheers :smiley:

Went through Poynton yesterday on the 523 but from Stockport to Macc. Bloody nightmare, they are redoing the road through Poynton and there are roadworks with loooonnnnggg delays.

toowise:
Went through Poynton yesterday on the 523 but from Stockport to Macc. Bloody nightmare, they are redoing the road through Poynton and there are roadworks with loooonnnnggg delays.

thanks for that,looks like back along the 556 to stockport,cheers toowise

No probs mate …556 looks like youre best bet …going through Congleton to Buxton is a bugger of a road in a truck.and thats putting it mildly! Ive done it with a 44t bulker and I was knackered before I got Buxton with changing gears every 30 secs.

toowise:

Nice 1 on the update, I live local but don’t use the route so often.

:smiley: