Which Tv Aerial?

Ive recently gone back to tramping and have bought myself one of those small 9" screen dvd players with the built in freeview that come with the small stubby aerial that struggles to get a signal, What do you use when you are away? I dont want something that takes hours of messing around pref a omnidirectional that is just plug and play cheers

I’ve just been given an old ‘omnimax’ off a mate for doing a job for him, and it seems pretty good.

Before that I had a B+M’s powered ariel that I had to plug my inverter in to boost, but that got a good signal too.

So, if you’re taking an inverter, the B+M’s one is around 15 quid, I think an omnimax is around 60 ish??

ebay.co.uk/itm/AVTEX-STH1000 … 588f5e9970

Cheers for the replies have you used the Avtex? i have looked at them in the past, having owned a few :unamused: caravans :unamused: in my time ive never found the omnimax and staus aerials to be upto much

moonraker dtv 1000 runs 12 24 its small enuf to leave stuck to the inside of your screen and never fails. maplins sell them around 40 squid

the g bear:
Cheers for the replies have you used the Avtex? i have looked at them in the past, having owned a few :unamused: caravans :unamused: in my time ive never found the omnimax and staus aerials to be upto much

Avtex ariels we get mixed reports on at work. Status ariels are as you have found.
What we tell people at work is, if that ariel is so good you would see one on everyones house. You dont. So why pick that one? The neater ones look ok and are more compact but they quite often just dont perform as well as a normal ariel.
If it was me i would have a standard TV ariel on the back of the cab on magnets or some other fixing. Have it tooked out the way when not needed, lift it right up when needed. Or have it stored on the bunk when not in use, clamp to mirror arm(depending on mirror arm) when needed on a short pole.