which satnav

Im starting a new job and need a satnav for UK & Europe , which is the best ■■

Tomtom pro truck 7150. Or some say snooper s7000

Dunno about Europe but get a Phillips navigator truckers atlas. Be the best £14-£15 you ever spend!

thelorryist:
Dunno about Europe but get a Phillips navigator truckers atlas. Be the best £14-£15 you ever spend!

+1

The tom tom work series are good but you can’t update them unless your company runs “webfleet” which is a tracker based around the tomtom, i sold mine for that reason and got the snooper s5000, :grimacing:

amazon.co.uk/dp/1849071438/r … 1849071438

You can update the tomtom you just can’t get live services on it. If you want traffic info you have to buy an adapter. Tbh I would go for a snooper given the option again. My tomtom does it’s job but it’s very expensive and not as smart as you would think. Hench I go back to the atlas…

Dont bother with a Bonnie Tyler :wink:

Just get a standard TomTom,download and add the low bridges from tinternet and off you go,none of the “hgv” sat navs are worth 100’s more than the £90 tomtoms imo…after 7 years using a standard tomtom with low bridge data instead of a “hgv” sat nav.

My Garmin 1490t is on ebay at the mo. Has FULL Euro maps on it. PM me if interested, :wink:

I agree with ckm. I don’t even have low bridges on mine. A standard satnav with a dose of common sense and you won’t go far wrong. I’m a TomTom fan for the live services.

If you have an I pad there is a very good Renault truck sat nav app it’s about £100

kr79:
If you have an I pad there is a very good Renault truck sat nav app it’s about £100

It’s £139 :wink:

I don’t rely on sat nav. I have a tom tom but i use it as a box of maps and that’s about it. I always use the route review and decifer my own way to the job

I would go with Snooper. They a re cracking down in France where you can and cant go and are handy if you carry ADR as some towns etc you are not allowed through with certain goods on

kr79:

My vote goes with this ^^

Can’t recommend a good one, but can tell you to avoid going cheap and getting a “Navman” with truck option on it. First the ‘truck mode’ expires after a few months and second it is absolutely awful. OK so it managed to avoid low bridges, but it tried to take me on a 5 mile detour down a farm track when the destination was only 500 yards to my left. Or through narrow residential streets in london when there is a major road a few hundred yards away.

I tried to take the cheap option and it cost me. Only use the hopeless thing now for the last mile or so if at all. Quick look on google maps and some hand written instructions always seem to work better.

Snooper S7000 all the way, so far no mistakes, and is a TV too, I am quite happy with it

ckm1981:
Just get a standard TomTom,download and add the low bridges from tinternet and off you go,none of the “hgv” sat navs are worth 100’s more than the £90 tomtoms imo…after 7 years using a standard tomtom with low bridge data instead of a “hgv” sat nav.

ckm1981, Have you got a link to the low bridges site for the Tom Tom - and , are they Free :smiley:

taffytrucker:
I would go with Snooper. They a re cracking down in France where you can and cant go and are handy if you carry ADR as some towns etc you are not allowed through with certain goods on

I agree the Snooper is a great bit of kit.

Remember though France has just introduced a law to make it illegal (big fines) to use a satnav that shows speed cameras. :imp:

Raising revenue to help get them out of the recession ■■■?

ckm1981:

I’ve got a basic Garmin 265W (UK and Europe mapping) with European bridge heights, Keyfuels and DKV sites and I’m amazed by it. In my job, I have to go right into city centres throughout Europe and, with a little common sense, it takes me directly to where I’m going. I would recommend, however, having a road atlas for reference purposes.