Which rules are which

I am getting confused between which rules apply to “between weekly rests” and which are for a fixed week.

Between weekly rests…
3 x 15 or 3 x reduced daily rests
no more than 144 hours between weekly rests

fixed week
2 x 10 hour drive
max 60 hours
90 hours driving in 2 fixed weeks

when you look at the gov. website it just says a week for everything

cooper1203:
I am getting confused between which rules apply to “between weekly rests” and which are for a fixed week.

Between weekly rests…
3 x 15 or 3 x reduced daily rests
no more than 144 hours between weekly rests

fixed week
2 x 10 hour drive
max 60 hours
90 hours driving in 2 fixed weeks

when you look at the gov. website it just says a week for everything

Also 56 max driving in a fixed week

You’re better not thinking of 15s, it’s just 3 X reduced daily rests of at least 9 hours.

And any 2 consecutive fixed weeks must have at least either 2 regular weekly rests of at least 45 hours or 1 regular and 1 reduced of at least 24 hours

so in effect i can legaly have 6 reduced rests in a fixed week if i have a reduced weekly rest on the 4th day. :open_mouth:

cooper1203:
so in effect i can legaly have 6 reduced rests in a fixed week if i have a reduced weekly rest on the 4th day. :open_mouth:

You can drive 10 hours four days in a row, and have three reduced rests, if you work Saturday - Sunday - Monday-Tuesday. :grimacing:

cooper1203:

Yes. Bye-bye notions of a normal existence, bye-bye family life :laughing:

I agree with stevieboy, focus on the ‘rests’, not on how long you can be at ‘work’. Life is already far too short and none of us know how much of it we’re going to get.

While we’re on about this, do you know about Split Daily Rests? Another great way to live-for-work and never have to see friends or family too often :laughing:

Do eight hours of your shift (driving + OW + breaks), have three hours Rest, do four more hours of your shift (driving + OW + breaks), then have 9 hours Rest.

This equates to a full daily rest, so you can do it every working day of the week - assuming five shifts.

It also doesn’t require a reduced weekly rest to do it for six days, so as long as (i) you get your weekly rests correct and (ii) stay inside the 60 hour WTD limit you could potentially do this in a 6/5/6/5 pattern as it’s not hard to get your compensation in on the weekend you’re getting your full 45 in.

This pattern is great for those guys who hate their wife and kids but can’t face up to the hassle of a divorce :laughing:

Zac_A:

cooper1203:

Yes. Bye-bye notions of a normal existence, bye-bye family life :laughing:

I agree with stevieboy, focus on the ‘rests’, not on how long you can be at ‘work’. Life is already far too short and none of us know how much of it we’re going to get.

While we’re on about this, do you know about Split Daily Rests? Another great way to live-for-work and never have to see friends or family too often :laughing:

Do eight hours of your shift (driving + OW + breaks), have three hours Rest, do four more hours of your shift (driving + OW + breaks), then have 9 hours Rest.

This equates to a full daily rest, so you can do it every working day of the week - assuming five shifts.

It also doesn’t require a reduced weekly rest to do it for six days, so as long as (i) you get your weekly rests correct and (ii) stay inside the 60 hour WTD limit you could potentially do this in a 6/5/6/5 pattern as it’s not hard to get your compensation in on the weekend you’re getting your full 45 in.

This pattern is great for those guys who hate their wife and kids but can’t face up to the hassle of a divorce :laughing:

:grimacing: :laughing: :laughing:

In addition to the above, :smiley: , how about,
4 ten hour drives on the bounce?
Sat, Sun, (next week starts) Mon, Tues.
Enjoy!

(Sorry, N-D, posted the same)

I hasten to add that i do not wish to do these shifts i am simmply trying to clarify the laws due to a situation that arose at the weekend.

cooper1203:
I hasten to add that i do not wish to do these shifts i am simmply trying to clarify the laws due to a situation that arose at the weekend.

Can you post the weekend issue :question:

ROG:

cooper1203:

Can you post the weekend issue :question:

ill pm you if that is ok

Got PM :smiley:

yourhavingalarf:
Removed by Admin

To be fair to Coop, I’d rather read a hundred posts like this where a genuine driver is seeking genuine help because they are honest enough to admit a lack of knowledge, than to see one more of those flat-earth, anti-vax, climate-denial, newbie-troll posts, which although mildly amusing at times (eg our neo-■■■■-world’s-worst-troll-self-appointed-legal-expert :laughing: ) aren’t really what the forum is meant to be about

If you do 56 hours driving (four nines and two tens) one week you can only do 34 the next.
Edit: fixed week mind.

you can work 15 hours a day 6 days a week if you so wish - split breaks are your friend if your daft enough.

beefy4605:
you can work 15 hours a day 6 days a week if you so wish - split breaks are your friend if your daft enough.

I think you mean split daily rests of 3 + 9

ROG:

beefy4605:

I think you mean split daily rests of 3 + 9

Yes